The Walking Dead Official Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Yeah but god forbid a television show actually does something differently than the comics, right? :rolleyes:

They already aren't following it completely which is fine but if they don't explain it in the comics, I'm pretty sure they won't explain it on the show. They are basing the show on the comics for a reason.

Don't roll your eyes at me, please.

Ben

Reaction score
Yea last nights episode was pretty fantastic. Rick going crazy running around the prison was great, was thinking the phone thing would be it, but there really touching on how far off he gets in the show. Poor Oscar...not only does he get shot in the head but his corpse is used as cover by Carol. Governor showed the group that he knows where they are and what he's capable with pretty much just a few of his people attacking.

Can't wait for the final showdown between the 2 groups with the Dixon brothers now back and I'm sure eventually Tyresse group coming back in the picture to help. Expect some more casualties from the group and I have this strange feeling that Andrea is going to play a major role and she may be the one that puts a bullet in the good ole governor.

Ben

Reaction score
Oscar was the black prisoner that got killed on one of the first assaults on Woodbury. The guy that died and was used as a human shield was Axle, ya feel me?

Yea, don't know why I got that confused. Anyone have any predictions for any of the major cast members getting killed off before the end of the season?
Been pretty much all minor character so far minus T-Dog.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I am expecting either Glenn or Maggie. With what I know from the comics, when characters start acting all weird, they wind up dead. This has translated into the show too. Lori was acting like a real mom, dead. Shane lost control, dead. Dale had moral conflicts, dead. Axle being confidant, dead.

Right now Maggie is distant, and Glenn has gone all whack job like Shane.

Ben

Reaction score
Don't see either of them going really maybe Maggie...but Glen will be around for awhile. Merle seems like a obvious choice dying in some sort of redeeming fashion, could also see Hershel going to, he's well liked and it would give a instant reaction from people.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I dont want to go too into detail about what happened in the comics, as the stories may find their way into the show, but one tried to kill themself, and the other was the most violent death in the comics. Also, Lori's death was the most recent main character death, but nobody cared about the dead beat neglectful mother.

I dont really consider Merle a "main character" because of how often he is absent from entire episodes, and killing Hershel seems more like a mercy killing at this point, the longer the character has to deal with being an amputee in the zombie apocalypse, the more conflict there is. Glenn, Darryl, & Michonne are probably the 3 most popular characters asides from Carl & Rick(who as far as I am conserned are unkillable), and although a large amount of the fans would be upset with Glenn, they would be even more upset with either Darryl or Michonne.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I'm completely ok with rick dying after the past four or five episodes he's got to the point now where he is more annoying than Lori ever was. Think Maggie is safe because you have to have someone good looking on the show.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Rick is in a difficult place, his son just killed his wife, he had to kill his best friend, he knows Judith is not his, Glenn snapped on him, Darryl turned his back on him, he knows Woodbury is going to be a major problem, plus he has to deal with the stress of being responsible for the safety of the entire group, but if you think all that wouldnt effect you, then by all means keep thinking like that.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I say Glenn is killed off next. Just the one I most see going atm and the likely option if they had to pick one of the major male characters. Hershel is vital for the timebeing so I say no, Daryl will not be dying any time soon that's for sure. Maybe Merle with The Governor killing him? Judging by the previews, Merle is looking like he'd be a lot of help to Ricks group.

But yeah. That episode was pretty awesome. A lot of action which I loved, we got some character development out of Daryl and Merle and found out a tiny bit more about their past and how they feel about each other. Like Daryl isn't going to be shoved around anymore by his brother. The episode was so intense in the last 15 minutes odd. I totally did not expect that to come all of a sudden. It also made me jump, just seeing Axel start talking and boom headshot then all guns blazing. Damn. Then when that van crashed through the fence. FUCK. Great way to kick off the prison/Woodbury fight.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Rick is in a difficult place, his son just killed his wife, he had to kill his best friend, he knows Judith is not his, Glenn snapped on him, Darryl turned his back on him, he knows Woodbury is going to be a major problem, plus he has to deal with the stress of being responsible for the safety of the entire group, but if you think all that wouldnt effect you, then by all means keep thinking like that.

cool story bro I will

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I'm completely ok with rick dying after the past four or five episodes he's got to the point now where he is more annoying than Lori ever was. Think Maggie is safe because you have to have someone good looking on the show.

yeeeaahhhh. Rick will never die. If he does, it will be when the show comes to an end.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Did I say Rick will die, that the writers would kill him off? No I just said if they did (and buy the way they do sometimes kill off leads asking for too much money) I wouldn't care at this point.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
By the way, this is a show based on a comic. As much as the show will(and has) deviated from the "cannon", there are certain things that must remain, or they run the risk of alienating the core audience. Think of how well a show based off of a certain comic book would fare with its main character dead, think of how well TDK would have done it Bruce Wayne was killed in Batman Begins, or even the Captain America movie if it started with Steve Rogers being frozen, and didnt defrost until the final scene of the movie. The same applies to Rick Grimes(and to a somewhat lesser extent Carl Grimes, but due to the Youth Employment Act Chandler Riggs cannot work enough hours to make Carl as much of a main character as he is in the comics) in The Walking Dead.

It might work for other shows, but due to being based on an extremely popular medium, they have to keep certain things accurate, like the charcter that keeps the story progressing.