The Walking Dead Official Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
That look on Tyresse's face at 2:12 makes me think Sasha will wind up replacing Julie from the comics, and it looks like they are taking T out of the gym scene, and making it a field scene.

Wouldn't be surprised to find out the radio broadcast is from the Alexandria Safe Zone, which could mean that in the show we get to see a team up of TWD's most villainous character in The Governor & Negan.

Was also cool to see Macon(where Lee's families pharmacy is in the Telltale game) on the map when Michonne was checking it out.

Darryl punches Rick, this is gonna get good!

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
They gave away a lot in that trailer, more than I thought they would. It will be good to see what happens with all the extra residents at the prison that joined at the end of Season 3 and how they all interact. Just on the part where they say that they are starting to become overwhelmed by the zombies approaching the fences, why don't they have the women that don't hunt and gather and young children stabbing and burning zombies all day long? There would be nothing else for them to do and they could easily clear thousands a day doing that.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Season 4 kicks off tonight, and luckily Boardwalk Empire repeats several times though the week.

To quickly recap Season 3 for those who have not seen it in some time, T-Dogg, Andrea, and Merle are dead, and Tyresse, and Sasha have become members of the prison group, along with the remaining inhabitants of Woodbury(minus Phillip, Martinez, and Shumpert).

For fans of the novels, and/or comics. Bob Stookey is set to appear in Season 4, while no word yet about Lilly Caul, a character I assumed would replace Andrea as the survivors sharpshooter.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Naw, people love their zombies even if they are shown with mediocre actors that aren't interesting.

Ben

Reaction score
Also Abraham and Eugene from the comics have been cast for season 4. A little bit earlier than in the comics but I think there pushing back a few of the different locations the group goes to.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Isn't this show cancelled yet?

Cancelled? They just announced a spin-off show. Highest rated show on basic cable, best selling independent comic book, best selling McFarlane toys, on top of versions of Monopoly and Risk, card games, board games, and videogames. Wednesday was actually the 10th anniversary of The Walking Dead, making it the 3rd longest running Image Comics line after Spawn & Savage Dragon, which have been running since Image was first formed.

The Walking Dead isn't going anywhere.

[MENTION=482]Ben[/MENTION] I havnt seen any announcements about Eugene and Abraham, but if true, I may just be even more excited than I normally am for this show. If only Andrea was still alive, Rick, Tyreese, Michonne, Abraham, and Andrea are my top 5 favorite characters being such badasses, would have been amazing to see all 5 together alongside Daryl.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I think that "sickness" is someone poisoning him. That was a Nicotero episode, so when those happen all I really hope for is some sweet special effects and the department store delivered in droves.

I have really enjoyed some of the casting choices so far, Steven Yeun, Andrew Lincoln, Lauren Cohan, Danai Gurira, Lenny James, and Chad Coleman all strike a crazy resemblance to the comics, and after seeing Michael Cudlitz as Abraham I am both happy, and worried. Recently in an interview about Arrow I heard something about why they decided to go with Manu Bennett(Crixus from Spartacus, Marc Anthony from Xena) for the role of Slade Wilson/Deathstroke(an aging Caucasian man). "We could have hired someone who looks the role, or we could have hired the right guy for the job". With Walking Dead are we getting the right people for the job, or are they just hiring people based on appearance?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Personally felt that the Season 4 debut was pretty damn meh.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
All I got from it is every now likes each other and are banging.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
All I got from it is every now likes each other and are banging.

Pretty much.

I mean I guess they have to kinda do that to make the leaving the prison more impactful but nothing about this episode made me want to continue watching.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Also Rick falling for that shit with the woman and her husband, thought he would have smarten up by now.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Finally caught up after missing last weeks episode, and so far, this is looking like the strongest start to a season they have had yet.

Really enjoyed the new disease, as it represents a new threat that even the comics have yet to include, Tyreese getting more airtime, and the idea that a murderer may be in their midst. It is also nice to see that when an episode is heavy in dialogue, they are breaking it up with some zombie killing.

On to the new episode.

I cannot express how happy I am about Rick breaking his hand, its about time I seen something familiar from the comics. Carol is still the reason the fight even happens, but in the comics she slit her wrists after Michonne gave Tyreese a bj in the gym. And speaking of Ty and the gym, I was right about the attack in the open, you see Ty getting taken down and assume he has been killed, just wish they didn't spoil the surprise in the same episode, would have much rather them come back after the mission was complete and have Ty sitting in the car asking "What took you so long?". The Hoard (cities are dead, and the undead are now roaming the countryside looking for food) makes me think that Abe will be introduced soon, as his group joined with Rick before they ever seen a Hoard.

Atleast this season isn't all about someone being missing.

Ben

Reaction score
Personally loving this season so far. Yea there may not be a lot of major battle/zombie killing action but the story and characters are getting a lot of time to develop and I'm enjoying the story with the sickness so far.

Also Tyresse is finally like his character from the comics. Him taking down the big group of walkers solo was nice and was them paying homage to the gym scene in the comics. Also interested to see where they are going with the radio message "Those Who Arrive Survive" Think the group will be moving soon especially with that big ass hoarde of zombies on the move.