The Walking Dead Official Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
They finally introduced Lilly!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not the greatest of episodes, since it was really part of the Rise of the Governor novel(finding the family in a building, except Phillip, Brian, & Penny should have all been there), it was a nice addition for him to be going by Brian(his real name, his brother Phillip, father to Penny was killed and Brian took up a "Phillip" persona). And as for the "new way of The Governor" that was teased last week on Talking Dead, I wouldn't be surprised if they went right up to the gate and asked to be let in(they could always lock him in a cell like they did with Merle).

Ending kinda pissed me off, when I heard the automatic gunfire, I was almost certain it would have been Abe.

Ben

Reaction score
I really enjoyed this episode....especially enjoyed a break from the main group at the prison.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Don't know how many people read the comics here, or even collect the action figures associated with the comics but, Todd McFarlane has announced an exclusive Skybound Negan figure for Black Friday only. He is available in both a coloured version, and a blood splattered black & white version for $24.99US each, and are only available through the Skybound store at The Walking Dead - The Official Site from Robert Kirkman

For those of you who only watch the TV show, Negan is the big baddy that shows up long after The Governor has been killed by Lilly(who kills Lori & Judy in the comics, has a mental breakdown because she is pregnant at the time, and just blows his brains out for giving her the order). The very first time we meet Negan he bashes Glenn's head in with a barbed wire baseball bat named Lucille(that Negan even mentions he has rubbed up against in throws of passion) infront of Maggie, Rick, Carl, Sofia, Michonne, & others not yet introduced in the show.

For those that do read the comics, now we just have to wait on a normal Glenn figure(not in riot gear) and we can all recreate that very memorable moment in 3D.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
In a world where the biggest enemy is attracted to noise you can move a tank around freely without worry, even though it's a long range weapon??? Not to mention to a fence that was swarming with those same enemies a day before?

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Zombies are a backdrop, not the biggest enemy. Has the last season and a half not proven that enough?(could even go farther back to Shane being the bigger threat) Would it have helped if Rick had lost his hand, Michonne got raped repeatedly, and if The Governor lost an eye plus his right arm, and pecker?

Maybe in the next half season we get to meet The Hunters, maybe we already saw some of their handiwork with a bloody bassinette. Or maybe hillbillies that want to run train on Carl, or maybe they will make it to the Alexandria safezone, which could lead to a certain Asian boy getting his head bashed in with a baseball bat, and the mustachioed badass getting an arrow through the back of his head and out his eyesocket, or Carl being shot in the face.

Ben

Reaction score
About this watch the premier this upcoming arc was one of my favorites from the comics, hopefully they continue to adapt it well and I welcome more changes from the source material.

Ben

Reaction score
Seeing a lot of people shitting on this episode but I really enjoyed. The problem is people expect constant action like the midseason finale but that's not going to happen all the time.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
That was one of the closest episodes to the comics since the series premier. I admit I missed about 15 minutes, so I have no idea what happened to Michonnes new "pets", but from what I did see it did a great job of telling "The Road" aspect of the story. Still wondering about the remaining groups, Glenn & the bus, Maggie Sasha & Bob, Tyresse & the girls, and Daryl & Beth. Hopefully they all make it back to the Greene farm to set up introducing Abe & co.

Ben

Reaction score
That was one of the closest episodes to the comics since the series premier. I admit I missed about 15 minutes, so I have no idea what happened to Michonnes new "pets", but from what I did see it did a great job of telling "The Road" aspect of the story. Still wondering about the remaining groups, Glenn & the bus, Maggie Sasha & Bob, Tyresse & the girls, and Daryl & Beth. Hopefully they all make it back to the Greene farm to set up introducing Abe & co.

Yea I think that will all go down before the end of the season. From the preview it looks like the bus crashes, which will take care of all those extra characters that really don't need to be around.

Couple things from the episode that I liked. Showing the governor dead with a bullet hole in his head puts to rest any rumors that he was still alive. Sucked seeing Hershals head in zombie form but at least Michone took him out. Still think there going with Judith being dead unless she shows up with the younger girls when there introduced. Carl going out on his own and almost dieing twice and then capping his excited day off by eating pudding on a roof had me laughing.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I was actually thinking if they were going to swerve on the whole Judith thing, it had to be Bob's blood in the baby seat, as he was the only one who really took damage in the fight and assumedly survived the attack(other than Rick).

Something tells me we are going to see "The Loser's" scene from The Hunters story to cap off this season. Which would have me believe they will end season 5 with the Alexandria zombie attack, and season 6 with "the most hated part of the comics" as an ending, but as we have recently seen with Hershel, heads may change!

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Whilst watching I was thinking it would be nice to see some other people than just those three as I got tired of Carl doing the same shit over and over it was to show Carl slowly trying to develop independence and the skills needed to survive, but he made mistakes and kept coming back to reality but that's how you learn. Very important plot point for his character and future episodes. But it's better to just go slowly with it as you have so much to build now that everyone is scattered especially when it looks like they're giving just about every character some development, as well as you will probably have new characters coming in. They had a promotional photo of Abraham in action so surely that would have had to be taken during season 4 filming. But yeah all in all it was a pretty solid ep of TWD. Good setup, character development and pacing. Looks like some more of that to come by the preview.

One last thing, I couldn't have been the only not believing the Rick fake out at all. Right?

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Whilst watching I was thinking it would be nice to see some other people than just those three as I got tired of Carl doing the same shit over and over it was to show Carl slowly trying to develop independence and the skills needed to survive, but he made mistakes and kept coming back to reality but that's how you learn. Very important plot point for his character and future episodes. But it's better to just go slowly with it as you have so much to build now that everyone is scattered especially when it looks like they're giving just about every character some development, as well as you will probably have new characters coming in. They had a promotional photo of Abraham in action so surely that would have had to be taken during season 4 filming. But yeah all in all it was a pretty solid ep of TWD. Good setup, character development and pacing. Looks like some more of that to come by the preview.

One last thing, I couldn't have been the only not believing the Rick fake out at all. Right?

If you read the comics, you knew exactly what was happening. The only change I noticed was Hershel's head, it was Tyreese in the comics(which had more of an emotional impact on Michonne since they were in a relationship). Everything else that wasn't in the comics(pudding), was simply filler to stretch the story out for tv.

Carl gets a couple good moments of independence coming up. I don't know how they will change the story that involved Billy & Ben(Allen & Donna's twins), and there is an interaction with Negan that exemplifies his own perception of Carl, "The serial killer in training".

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt