The Undertaker Praises Several Talents

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Following Last Night’s WWE RAWFollowing his match last night on WWE RAW, The Undertaker praised Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns infront of everyone backstage and told them that those 3 put on a great match with himself, Daniel Bryan and Kane and are part of a great future for the WWE.The Undertaker also heavily praised Daniel Bryan for his in-ring work, as well as how he has managed to keep himself over in such a comedy-style gimmick.
AWESOME! i'm big fan of all these guys.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Undertaker, the consummate man in that locker room, doing the classy thing and letting these guys know they've got an opportunity to make something special happen in the future. Does kinda sound like he's letting the young roster know his days in the business are numbered and that they've got to pick up the slack where he leaves off. Awesome for him to speak so highly of these guys when many of the top stars do kinda refuse to give rubs.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Really think it's going to be Reigns. Everyone talks about how highly the company thinks of Ambrose, but Reigns has that heritage, he does have the size and look and athleticism. He just needs to learn how to really talk... because as of right now, that spear is lethal.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I don't think Taker even knows who these guys are.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Its a nice gesture at least, there was a time in the past when Taker would have been more likely to bury guys then put them over, so this is progress.

Reaction score
Its a nice gesture at least, there was a time in the past when Taker would have been more likely to bury guys then put them over, so this is progress.

Lolz. Okay, sure.

Kane's change to break into the WWE came in part due to he and Percy Pringle having seen him work in the indies and putting him over with Vince.
I thought Chainz was another of those guy that Taker helped out by recommending him. Of the rare occasions he ever spoke of the business in public, one could look at his old Byte This interview about ten years ago when he was talking about guys like Albert and Matt Morgan as guys he saw having all the physical tools and on the cusp of finding that thing that'll get them to the next level.

There was a time when he was very critical of Big Show, but even then he was very complimentary of the guy, describing himself as a guy that has everything one needs to be huge in the business, but held himself back due to a bad work ethic.

I think people tend to confuse calling someone out for bullshit on the job with burying. Same bullshit when people whine about Orton costing Kennedy his job.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
It's good to hear that now and then there's someone with status just letting guys know what they're doing well, rather than doghousing them when they step out of line. Positive feedback and opportunities are what make people wanna push forward.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
It's so great that such a big name would do this for the new talent, with emphasis on the word "talent". All these guys deserve everything he said and then some. Maybe Taker should think of transferring to creative, once he steps out of the ring for good.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Lolz. Okay, sure.

Kane's change to break into the WWE came in part due to he and Percy Pringle having seen him work in the indies and putting him over with Vince.
I thought Chainz was another of those guy that Taker helped out by recommending him. Of the rare occasions he ever spoke of the business in public, one could look at his old Byte This interview about ten years ago when he was talking about guys like Albert and Matt Morgan as guys he saw having all the physical tools and on the cusp of finding that thing that'll get them to the next level.

There was a time when he was very critical of Big Show, but even then he was very complimentary of the guy, describing himself as a guy that has everything one needs to be huge in the business, but held himself back due to a bad work ethic.

I think people tend to confuse calling someone out for bullshit on the job with burying. Same bullshit when people whine about Orton costing Kennedy his job.[/QUOTE]

No I didn't mean that stuff, have no problem with that. Was talking more about him putting very few people over at least in the past (early 2000s for example) and overshadowing a lot of talent on SD. Like Michaels he now seems to have grown out of doing that which is to his credit.

Also he was good friends with Chainz so that and that alone is why he got him the job.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Early 2000's, I seem to remember a ladder match against Jeff Hardy, who was then stuck in mid-card purgatory, a feud with the first winner of TE in Maven, or there is always the case of how few times he held the title, and when he did, how short his runs were.

Chainz/Prime Time Brian Lee was the fake Undertaker, so I highly doubt he would allow just anyone to take up his gimmick and continue working for the company.

I also find it weird, since all reports I have ever heard about Taker backstage refer to him as the leader, the guy all the young talent looks up to, and who they wanted input from about their matches, so I don't understand all this talk about him not being a company guy.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Early 2000's, I seem to remember a ladder match against Jeff Hardy, who was then stuck in mid-card purgatory, a feud with the first winner of TE in Maven, or there is always the case of how few times he held the title, and when he did, how short his runs were.

Chainz/Prime Time Brian Lee was the fake Undertaker, so I highly doubt he would allow just anyone to take up his gimmick and continue working for the company.

I also find it weird, since all reports I have ever heard about Taker backstage refer to him as the leader, the guy all the young talent looks up to, and who they wanted input from about their matches, so I don't understand all this talk about him not being a company guy.

Yeah and Hardy's ladder match win was treated as fluke, as was Maven elimating him from the rumble, but I do admit that was a great moment.

As I understand Chainz was best man at Takers wedding, so they were friends outside of wrestling.

Was not saying he isn't a company man now, was talking more about the past. He should have put Booker over in 2004 is one example.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
There are always moments in any career where you can say he should have put someone else over, but the bookers disagree with that. It is not Takers fault he was booked to win that match, I wouldn't be shocked to find out that Taker has wanted to lose at a Mania, but "the powers that be" wouldn't allow their guaranteed pay-off to be lost.

Also, most of the reports I was referring to came from the late 90's. When most of the established stars had already jumped ship, or had injured themselves beyond repair. Not that Taker was the only reason certain people got over, but he was the guy these younger stars went up against to establish them in the main event.