• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The streak

Cloud

Champion
CM Punk said:
Man! I wanted Taker Vs. Kane in a "Wig Vs. Wig" match. :(

LOL

as for the streak if its HHH vs Taker I pray to god he ends undefeated. I wouldn't mind the streak ending however if it was to put over a up and coming heel imo Barrett would be perfect as @[Crayo] says.

JC4Life37

The Showoff
The worse thing that could happen to Barrett if he broke it would be he would become a career heel

IF that's the worse thing, bring it on, cause that's basically what he is anyways

Saylor

Champion
Cloud said:
LOL

as for the streak if its HHH vs Taker I pray to god he ends undefeated. I wouldn't mind the streak ending however if it was to put over a up and coming heel imo Barrett would be perfect as @[Crayo] says.

If anything, yes Wade Barrett. But, I'd never want his streak to end.

Cloud

Champion
Saylor said:
If anything, yes Wade Barrett. But, I'd never want his streak to end.

im like 70-30 in the streaks favour but just discussing alternatives and Barrett would be my man to go over Taker due to the fact i truly feel he could make the most of the heat he would then draw as a heel snd go onto something that I see in time becoming legendary! However as i say im 70-30 in favour of Taker staying undefeated!

The thing with the streak is.. WWF/E has let it define him.

The undertaker is one of the most respected men in all of professional wrestling. The guy has been a part of some of some of the most memorable moments, bar none.

Wrestling is *gasp* scripted as we all know, so if the streak ends it ends. True it will look tarnished with a blemish of a loss. But it shouldn't take away from what the undertaker has given to the industry. Take the rock for example.. One of the absolute best of all time.. The guy has lost quite a few matches, but is still in the same breath with the all time greats.

I've heard it said a few times that he wanted to "pass the torch" so to speak and lose and Mania.. I actually thought Orton had a chance to end it.. Remember the choke slam/reversed into the rko? that was sick. HHH should not end it. I'm fearful that their matches are getting worse. WM 17 match was awesome.

But I agree. If Taker was to loose, it should be to an up-and comer. The WWE needs more than ever to create new young believable talent. Takers' last two matches with shawn were absolutely incredible.. I recently rewatched them to remember how epic they were.

Crayo

The Boss
If HHH does end it, I'll have "Fuck You Hunter" in a massive font on the top of the site then spam WWE's twitter our URL.

NW1989

Jobber
I have always had a hatred for the undertaker, same as Cena really, more predictable the more he goes on...
However the one thing Undertaker has always done is pass the torch and passed it on very well,
IMO he got Kane, Orton, CM Punk all to where they are now all without sometimes losing the match that closes there rivalry,
He won't lose at Mania...he doesn't need to to set anybody's career alight

Crayo

The Boss
NW1989 said:
I have always had a hatred for the undertaker, same as Cena really, more predictable the more he goes on...
However the one thing Undertaker has always done is pass the torch and passed it on very well,
IMO he got Kane, Orton, CM Punk all to where they are now all without sometimes losing the match that closes there rivalry,
He won't lose at Mania...he doesn't need to to set anybody's career alight

It's HHH, anyone else I'd agree. HHH's ego is that large.

Asskicker

Champion
Yeah I want the streak to stay forever because thats nearly 2 decades of blood and sweat wasted to one night. Especially if it has to be HHH to break it than I will riot.

leojay

Champion
Honestly, if Taker is beaten, the streak will lose all of its prestige. It will be just that, a streak, one that was ended. Just like many other undefeated streaks that others have had and lost.

If HHH beats him, then fuck him. All I can really say.

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Thewindyfan said:
Yeah I want the streak to stay forever because thats nearly 2 decades of blood and sweat wasted to one night. Especially if it has to be HHH to break it than I will riot.

Orton - refused to break it

Angle - refused to break it

Kane - refused to break it

Who's willing to break it? HHH would, but I don't think Taker would agree to it. considering HHH/HBK's past

Crayo

The Boss
JC4Life37 said:
Orton - refused to break it

Angle - refused to break it

Kane - refused to break it

Who's willing to break it? HHH would, but I don't think Taker would agree to it. considering HHH/HBK's past

I so hope you're right mate.

xParanormal

Jobber
The streak should be left unbroken. When Taker retires, that's what he'll be remembered for. When he goes into the hall of fame, will we hear, "he went 19-1!" Yes, nobody's done it, but it doesn't have the prestige of "20-0"

That seems like the perfect steak; that's what Taker is known for. When you say, "Undertaker" to an average WWE fan, the thing they'll remember him for is the streak. Everyone has their memorable moments, everyone has their notable poses like "You Can't See Me" by John Cena which people around the entire world USE. You see people do it all the time; I do, my mates do.

Taker's entire career is amazing, but the streak itself sets him apart as a legend. It seems like a waste to break it, ESPECIALLY to Hunter. Why?

What would be the point? Giving Taker a send off? A reason for leaving? He really didn't have that good of a reason for being off for an entire year, but he was. If HHH wants to retire from in-ring activity, have them say he'll do it, but if he does, both of them leave, or whatever. It doesn't have to be perfect, the match itself isn't even that exciting any more; it's been done twice before!

There's no reason to break something that has taken an ENTIRE 20 YEAR CAREER and just... End it? Because Taker wants to leave? I can't believe Taker would even want to lose. He's lost his own kinds of matches, like HIAC, casket, buried alive, and other hellish matches. But the STREAK... That's something that needs to be left alone. If the streak is broken, I'll be thoroughly disappointed, and even though it might be terribly ignorant to say - because of his many accomplishments - Taker won't be remembered the same way to me, as if his last match cemented his streak at 20-0.