The streak

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
I believe it will stay in tact with Taker returning every few years for someone who deserves the chance

Of course we all know Jericho should have been facing Taker this year

HHH should have climaxed the conspiracy angle w/Punk

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
JC4Life37 said:
I believe it will stay in tact with Taker returning every few years for someone who deserves the chance

Of course we all know Jericho should have been facing Taker this year

HHH should have climaxed the conspiracy angle w/Punk

Argh so true.

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I apologize (rant)

Jericho deserved this match two years ago...

Jericho can work the mic and make this feud interesting. He's not afraid to look scared on TV or sell Taker's mindgames

Jericho/Taker build would rival the first HBK/Taker build... "The End of the World" could've meant Undertaker..... I buy that

HHH won't sell Taker. A bolt of lightinng hits... and HHH just sips a da*n water bottle like nothing happened ....a**hole

Roach

Inappropriately dressed Walmart shopper
Reaction score
Website
www.dogforo.co.uk
If HHH wins it wouldnt be good because of the pervious losses. But Undertaker seems to be slowing.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
JC4Life37 said:
I'm sorry, I apologize (rant)

Jericho deserved this match two years ago...

Jericho can work the mic and make this feud interesting. He's not afraid to look scared on TV or sell Taker's mindgames

Jericho/Taker build would rival the first HBK/Taker build... "The End of the World" could've meant Undertaker..... I buy that

HHH won't sell Taker. A bolt of lightinng hits... and HHH just sips a da*n water bottle like nothing happened ....a**hole

Don't apologize, I agree with you!

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Undertaker has creative control over his streak so it's choice when it ends or not.

Look at the other people he was willing to give it to. Kane at WM14, Orton at WM21, Angle at WM22 (supposedly, I think.) He had never faced these people before at Wrestlemania so it would have made sense if he lost to any of them. Kane would have made sense since they could have continued to push him as an undefeated monster. I was glad as hell when Orton lost, but objectively, it would have made sense since Orton was young and had most of his career in front of him, not to mention he was the "Legend Killer." Angle makes the least sense since he was already established enough as a wrestler by 2006 that I don't think he should have been given the streak, but at least he and Taker had never faced before at WM.

With Triple H, however, he's very much an established veteran, and would gain nothing from it. Not to mention he's already lost twice to Taker already. And he's semi-retired as it is.

The best bet is a young guy in the position that Orton was in at WM21. Someone who is young and has most of their whole career ahead of them but who also isn't a complete rookie. This is the only way Taker losing could mean anything in the long run.

But I agree with those who don't think Taker should ever lose the streak. It's a huge part of his legacy and I think at this point, he has won so many times that it would almost be a waste to end the streak now.

Reactions: seabs

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
My fear is that Undertaker could retire after this WM. If he wants the streak to end, he might want it to end to someone he respects (does he respect HHH a lot? I don't know) - which leads me to believe that it could just end this year.

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
I think he respects Triple H professionally, but not really personally.

If the money is there, Taker will wrestle again.

Just last year, The Rock was retired and would never wrestle again.... same for Austin

Cena/Punk have risen to positions were old stars want to wrestle them..... why can't Taker do the same in five years?

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Just watched an old WM segment between Taker and HHH, HBK was there too.
Taker said: ''If it's time, I want you to end the streak.''
So who knows!

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
How about his?

Great Khali "gets hurt" and Sheamus cashes in his RR challenge to get into the EC.

Bryan dominates and retains at EC.

Hunter refuses to face Taker again (or have Bryan injure him and keep him out of Mania). Bryan challenges Taker for the WHC vs. The Streak.

In a 5-star classic, Bryan defeats Taker at Mania, retaining the WHC and setting himself up for life.

Aw, hell! I know it wouldn't happen, but it makes mor sense than Hunter beating Taker at Mania.

More realistic: Taker beats Hunter to stay undefeated but can't walk away from the ring and this is the last time we see him as a wrestler in the ring.

wk

Sent from my iPad while I'm rocking' with Tapatalk.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Wacokid27 said:
How about his?

Great Khali "gets hurt" and Sheamus cashes in his RR challenge to get into the EC.

Hunter refuses to face Taker again (or have Bryan injure him and keep him out of Mania). Bryan challenges Taker for the WHC vs. The Streak.

In a 5-star classic, Bryan defeats Taker at Mania, retaining the WHC and setting himself up for life.

Aw, hell! I know it wouldn't happen, but it makes mor sense than Hunter beating Taker at Mania.

More realistic: Taker beats Hunter to stay undefeated but can't walk away from the ring and this is the last time we see him as a wrestler in the ring.

wk

It doesn't make sense for EC to cash in main event spot at WM for EC. Bryan beating Taker wouldn't make too many people happy either.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Wacokid27 said:
How about his?

wk

It doesn't make sense for EC to cash in main event spot at WM for EC. Bryan beating Taker wouldn't make too many people happy either.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Crayo said:

You can say that again. Lol!

I wasn't really trying to make sense. I was trying to be the next Vince Russo. Did I succeed?

wk

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Daniel Bryan would be a terrible choice to end the streak, in my opinion. I can't think of any new(er) guy who might be a good choice to end it. Which is kinda why I think Taker should remain undefeated at this point.

If he was gonna lose, however, I would think he would wait until Wrestlemania 30 to do it, just to have that whole "10 year anniversary" aspect of Wrestlemania going for it. I also think it would be important enough that it would be the last match on the card, like Taker/HBK was. That's one possible way to predict whether Taker will lose or not - whether he is the last match of the card or not. Rock/Cena is obviously gonna be the main event this year, so not much worry for me that Triple H will win.

If Taker fights Cena next year, though, then I would start to worry.