The Shield

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
At Survivor Series tonight Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose all made their debuts by attacking Ryback in the WWE title match and powerbombing him through an announce table. It was an impressive debut from them to get involved in such an important match and is the second screwjob for Ryback in the space of two PPVs. Fans have been calling for the debuts of Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose for a long time and here we are seeing them debut together. Roman Reigns is actually part of the Anoai family, he is the younger brother of former WWE wrestler Rosey. It is a high profile debut for them all and it is really interesting to see what is going to happen with them.

Where do you think this is heading? Are they going to stick together as a group? Do they side with Heyman, Punk or even Brad Maddox? Do they just have a hatred for Ryback?

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
Re: *Spoilers* Wrestlers Debut at Survivor Series*Spoilers*

I agree with what RawisRey said in the SS discussion thread about them saying they also waited on the sidelines for too long and want to make an impact like Maddox did. It's going to be a bit weird seeing Rollins as a heel but they can tie in the encounter he had with Punk on NXT over a month ago. Dean Ambrose finally debuting excites but it's going to be a bit strange to see him as part of a unit. I think they will side with Punk so it'll be weird seeing him take orders. I've heard of Roman Reigns but I haven't seen a lot of him. When they first attacked I thought he was Leakee.

EDIT: Nevermind he was Leakee. I've seen his work and he's actually quite good as well.

Reaction score

I'll be honest and say I couldn't have cared less if they ever showed up because I have never followed them. I don't watch NXT, mainly because I don't get it here and I get sick of watching shows on the computer. Another reason why I only see bits and pieces of ROH, Chikara etc.

That said, I do believe they're going to breath fresh air into the WWE. We NEED a real stable. Hopefully this pushes 3MB to full-time Superstars work. What I believe may happen, if this is a Punk/Ambrose/Rollins/Reigns/Heyman Stable, is that Cena and Ryback will team up together to make their own stable.. or just stay a tag-team and do 2-on-? type things.

As I've been calling them on another forum I go to.

The New Age Core Alliance of Prime Time Degenerate Brothers of the New World Order Corporation.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet

I agree with what RawisRey said in the SS discussion thread about them saying they also waited on the sidelines for too long and want to make an impact like Maddox did. It's going to be a bit weird seeing Rollins as a heel but they can tie in the encounter he had with Punk on NXT over a month ago. Dean Ambrose finally debuting excites but it's going to be a bit strange to see him as part of a unit. I think they will side with Punk so it'll be weird seeing him take orders. I've heard of Roman Reigns but I haven't seen a lot of him. When they first attacked I thought he was Leakee.

EDIT: Nevermind he was Leakee. I've seen his work and he's actually quite good as well.

Rollins (Tyler Black) was heel before he came into WWE haha.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score

A few stars in the making we could be seeing a new set of champions much like Evolution, build these guys up enough and they along with Punk could hold all the titles for a bit in singles men division it would be great to see and along with Brock Lesnar in more.of a enforcer role this faction could be quite a dominant one

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score

I think this is a fantastic move by WWE. Words can't describe how excited I am to see this unfold tonight.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score

This seems like a very odd mix to me.

Due to Rollins being involved, I have to believe that this is a similair happenstance to the Brad Maddox story. And IF this is setting up another Punk stable(please just give it a rest, he screwed it up twice already) then its foreshadowing that Rollins will be the first to rebel, and turn face against them.

Admittedly, I know absolutely nothing about Dean Ambrose outside of a twitter war with Foley. Would have been better used in the Foley/Ziggler match imo.

Seen Reigns debut on NXT, I thought he was rather sloppy, and could use some time on NXT to perfect what I thought would be an impressive style. Apparently sloppy is what they want on the main roster now.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

I'm going to try and stay positive about these debuts because it should be an exciting time, but lord knows it's just a matter of time before they're fed to Ryback and Cena.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige

No idea why WWE is desperate to be ROH, but it's killing the company.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

This seems like a very odd mix to me.

Due to Rollins being involved, I have to believe that this is a similair happenstance to the Brad Maddox story. And IF this is setting up another Punk stable(please just give it a rest, he screwed it up twice already) then its foreshadowing that Rollins will be the first to rebel, and turn face against them.

Admittedly, I know absolutely nothing about Dean Ambrose outside of a twitter war with Foley. Would have been better used in the Foley/Ziggler match imo.

Seen Reigns debut on NXT, I thought he was rather sloppy, and could use some time on NXT to perfect what I thought would be an impressive style. Apparently sloppy is what they want on the main roster now.
Hate that it gets said that Punk screwed the groups up when he didn't. They did by feeding the group to Big Show then Serena gets fired and Mercury gets hurt so it just all falls apart. Then with Nexus they pretty much just added Punk for life support as the group was already dead from being fed to Cena then it got fed to Orton.

But anyways I don't think they'll be aligned with Punk at least initially. Probably will be like Maddox and say they did it on their own accord to be their own group. It was pretty exciting to see but can't help to have the same thought in the back of my mind that Dale has that they won't feed these guys to Cena and/or Ryback.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

Looks like it'll be apart of a NXT invasion storyline.

- Some of the WWE NXT talents were tweeting about a “NXT invasion” when Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns made their debut at Survivor Series last night in the main event. We haven’t heard any plans for a full-scale invasion but there has been talk of bringing some NXT Divas to the main roster soon. The fact that Michael Cole hyped Reigns, Ambrose and Rollins being from NXT had people talking backstage last night.

Regarding Ambrose and Rollins, it’s said that they have been ready for the main roster since WWE signed them to developmental deals. They feel Rollins needs some promo work but he is great in the ring.

Reigns, who is now tweeting @WWEThoroughbred, wrote the following last night after Survivor Series:

“I think I made a name for myself tonight……#survivorseries #nxtinvasion”

It’s interesting that WWE profiled Reigns on their website late last night and did not mention his wrestling history. Reigns is the son of WWE Hall of Famer Sika and brother to Matt “Rosey” Anoa’i. His cousin is The Rock. It’s said that out of the three, Reigns was the least ready for the main roster. It’s also said that out of all the guys in developmental, Triple H has been the highest on Reigns overall.

Partial source: F4Wonline.com

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score

But when you think of it from the casual fans standpoint, heres a guy that failed to lead 2 stables to anything. Why would people care when he formed a 3rd?

I completely understand that the circumstances he was thrown into were difficult at best, but at the same time, the writters are not the only people to blame either. Guys have gotten over in worse positions.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

I get what you're saying from that standpoint but Punk wasn't in the position then that he is right now. With Nexus he was just a guy they were assuming he was gonna extend his contract that was coming near. Reason I say he isn't to blame cause it wasn't like he wasn't over during those groups. He was one of the best heels if not the best heel in the whole company at the time both times and actually got him and his group legit heat with SES. So he did his part they just didn't capitalize on it.

With the NXT emphasis though it doesn't seem they'll be pairing them with Punk anyways.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score

I'm thinking Brad Maddox will be the leader. Or perhaps he was just the guy to start it all.

Reaction score

I'm hoping they somehow tie this in with whenever Heyman pulled Maddox to the side before his match with Ryback because it bothers me that he did that but then we heard nothing about what was said, or why he did it.