The Rumble Just Got Bigger

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
First of all. The 20 man Rumble was the first Rumble therefore was never a tradition and also aired on USA and was not on PPV like the last 22 have been. So don't even try that bullshit excuse.

Reaction score
I love the idea. People doubted the 20 to 30 move, and that was a smash hit. 40 stars means everyone basically gets a shot which is kinda the point of the match.

Shame that the concept goes over the heads of some people.

Kizza

Reaction score
I'd rather see Miz main event Mania than Punk.

We know that there will be 3 main event attractions (possibly more if they don't hold MITB). Miz vs Cena for the WWE title, Taker's streak, and a World title match is what I want to see.

If he is part of the Raw main event, I will be disappointed as they have the perfect avenue for Miz and Cena to come full circle from the guy that Miz was to is now.

He can handle the SD main event for all I care since Edge gets tiresome as does Rey with their lazy booking over there, but I don't want to see him headlining with Cena over Miz.

oh my lord

miz is fucking terrible. im not a punk fan, but he shits all over on miz in every department from great heights.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
I love the idea. People doubted the 20 to 30 move, and that was a smash hit. 40 stars means everyone basically gets a shot which is kinda the point of the match.

Shame that the concept goes over the heads of some people.

How in the fuck do you know the 20 to 30 was doubted? You were what? 2 years old?

Reaction score
How in the fuck do you know the 20 to 30 was doubted? You were what? 2 years old?

Yeah, I was 2.

Funny thing though, it's called the internet, and there are files that one can download to watch these old matches. Crazy I know.

Also, if you knew what you were talking about (which lately doesn't seem to be the case), after Patterson proposed the idea, and named 20 guys to be the field, they wanted to expand on that to build the appeal and hype of the match, seperating it from the battle royal matches they used to hold which had 20 participants.

Stick to fantasy basketball Phenners

Kizza

Reaction score
plus it's common sense it would have been doubted. changing anything comes with doubts.

SAL

Reaction score
Yeah, I was 2.

Funny thing though, it's called the internet, and there are files that one can download to watch these old matches. Crazy I know.

Also, if you knew what you were talking about (which lately doesn't seem to be the case), after Patterson proposed the idea, and named 20 guys to be the field, they wanted to expand on that to build the appeal and hype of the match, seperating it from the battle royal matches they used to hold which had 20 participants.

Stick to fantasy basketball Phenners

I don't see anything about "doubting" in this post. Though your point is valid.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
What RONDO said. You have no proof it was doubted.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Anything that gets changed is always doubted by some but who's to day that the people back thing mostly liked it? As said point is valid but I don't think it's far fetched that the change could have been mostly supported since back then the rumble was such a fresh concept.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
I'm not gonna doubt that most stuff is doubted but there is no proof that the Rumble going from 20 to 30 was.

You can speculate that it was all you want but until there is proof its not a factual argument.

Kylie

Reaction score
Why are we arguing over whether people questioned going from 20 to 30 people in the Rumble? Seems like a very pointless exercise to me.

I can't say whether I like the 40 man idea, but I'm not against it and I'll definitely be watching to see how they manage it. Considering the size of each roster now, I'm not really surprised they've gone down this path.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I don't mind the 40-man gimmick for this year, but I'd rather it doesn't become a permanent thing.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Same I think 30 is perfect and this 40 deal would just be good for a one time thing to help make this rumble memorable

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I don't mind it staying at 40 as long as the only other matches are the WWE and WHC being defended, as well as a diva contest. Every star should want to be the man and main event mania including tag team members and midcard champs, so they should be in the rumble. It makes the Rumble match itself that much more important.

I wish they would have Rumble contestants go after one another thought like they did in 00 and 01 before the actual ppv