The Rumble Just Got Bigger

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
More bang for your buck as they actually lowered the price of the HD feed as well (at least Cox did) :highfive:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Wonder if they will go ahead and make the guy who is at number 40 win it off the bat.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
With just the WWE and World title matches at the moment, the Rumble can get good time if they space out the eliminations and the ending.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I fear the ring being so full that guys won't even be able to barley move this year, lol.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
They hardly kept a lot of guys in at the same time the last 2 years.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
This is stupid.

This is either now gonna be an hour and a half match or a guy every minute which will be reminiscent to the 95 Rumble which we all know sucked.

Baller

Reaction score
I kind of like it, I really want to see Cena vs Punk and loser being #1, and have Cena lose some crazy way, and see how he does being in there from the start.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I hope to god that Punk doesn't win since the Rumble is meant to lead to one of Mania's main events.

I wouldn't be shocked if Orton did double duty and was 40

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I hope to god that Punk doesn't win since the Rumble is meant to lead to one of Mania's main events.

I wouldn't be shocked if Orton did double duty and was 40
What's wrong with him winning the rumble? He's a multi time world champ, feuding with the biggest star, etc. He's ready to be able to be in that spot to main event mania.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Interesting decision by WWE here. I'd prefer it to be the usual 30 but i'm willing to give 40 a chance. It'll be interesting to see the reasoning as to why WWE is going with 40 superstars instead of 30 is ever known sometime soon.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
What's wrong with him winning the rumble? He's a multi time world champ, feuding with the biggest star, etc. He's ready to be able to be in that spot to main event mania.
I'd rather see Miz main event Mania than Punk.

We know that there will be 3 main event attractions (possibly more if they don't hold MITB). Miz vs Cena for the WWE title, Taker's streak, and a World title match is what I want to see.

If he is part of the Raw main event, I will be disappointed as they have the perfect avenue for Miz and Cena to come full circle from the guy that Miz was to is now.

He can handle the SD main event for all I care since Edge gets tiresome as does Rey with their lazy booking over there, but I don't want to see him headlining with Cena over Miz.

SAL

Reaction score

He's pulling for Otunga to win it.

When it was 30 people, I felt it hurt the winner's credibility if the winner came from the #30 spot. Now with 40, that will just be exacerbated. I don't know how I feel about it.

I'd rather see Miz main event Mania than Punk.

We know that there will be 3 main event attractions (possibly more if they don't hold MITB). Miz vs Cena for the WWE title, Taker's streak, and a World title match is what I want to see.

If he is part of the Raw main event, I will be disappointed as they have the perfect avenue for Miz and Cena to come full circle from the guy that Miz was to is now.

He can handle the SD main event for all I care since Edge gets tiresome as does Rey with their lazy booking over there, but I don't want to see him headlining with Cena over Miz.

Jesus christ, Miz isn't any more ready for the spot than Punk is. Miz has no credibility yet. He's feuding with Lawler and Morrison. Punk has been around the main-event scene for 2 years.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I'd actually like for HHH to win it in his return and last throughout the whole match from beginning to end. but that ain't happening.

Punk has been around the main event scene getting dismantled by Taker, Jeff, Rey, Big Show, Dave, Kane, and JBL the past 2 years. Of those guys he has only been booked strong against Jeff and JBL so it isn't saying much either especially since the majority of his reign was on the b brand to boot.

Miz like Punk can get his ass handed to him just as easily by Cena or Orton as history has showed us and get more heat while doing so without needing a group around him to give him more credibility.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
Lets break a 22 year tradition and add an extra 10 guys to the Rumble match because our creative sucks and can't come up with shit for anybody. YEAH!

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
The first one had 20 guys so they broke tradition by making it 30 in the first place

JR tweets about it:
If having 40 men in the Royal Rumble match helps sell ppvs, then its a really good idea. 40 sounds good to me. Makes the main event bigger."

"Watch what I say, the 40 man royal rumble match will be over analyzed by many. Gives 10 more paydays & adds 'biggest ever' mkt'ing hook".