The Rock with notes on his arm?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
JeebaK said:
nope, kid was never the primary market for wwe, not since the introduction of pg. Stone Cold didnt come out in a flashy orange shirt, acting like a white Nope. Rock didnt come out and started using phrases that are mainly made to be adorable to kids, he can be so much better if he changes his kid's superhero gimmick, and he has already proven that in his promos against rock and kane. So why keep him as a kid fan favourite superman? Because Vince mcmahon is making money from it?

cbe646fff45c9fdfb032cd84c7d30b81.jpg

Brother it was PG during the 80 and 90s dude... not to mention Smackdown always being PG. How old were you whilst watching in the late 90's? Let me telling you something JeebaK my dude you know so little of history in wrestling. It has been PG and targeted to kids since it's inception.

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
seabs said:
cbe646fff45c9fdfb032cd84c7d30b81.jpg

Brother it was PG during the 80 and 90s dude... not to mention Smackdown always being PG. How old were you whilst watching in the late 90's? Let me telling you something JeebaK my dude you know so little of history in wrestling.

that was hilariously innacurate :upset:

Smackdown wasnt always pg and neither was wwe.
it was tv-pg dslv , while now its only tv-pg. Learn the difference.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
JeebaK said:
that was hilariously innacurate :upset:

Smackdown wasnt always pg and neither was wwe.
it was tv-pg dslv , while now its only tv-pg. Learn the difference.

Did it have a PG rating? Yes or no? You said PG was the problem indicating the entire banner. How is that the case if you just admitted it was PG during the time you enjoyed it? Not to mention I never claimed the WWE was always PG.

Asskicker

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
WOW I don't remember Cena mentioning notes at all! weird. Well guys it's not like all of us can go out with everything not planned. All I noticed was CM Punk stuttered half the time at certain words.

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
Jim Morrison said:
Did it have a PG rating? Yes or no? You said PG was the problem indicating the entire banner. How is that the case if you just admitted it was PG during the time you enjoyed it? Not to mention I never claimed the WWE was always PG.

i mentioned pg being the problem, i dont remember mentioning pg dslv being the problem. :sad:

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Anyone who doesn't think the notes thing was a work is being naive. Yes, I'm sure one of the best promo guys in wrestling (with years and years of experience) needs notes that he never even once looks at while giving his promo. It was obviously done to give Cena something to use as a put down.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
No way, that's ludicrous. Rock marks calling it a work because they're embarrassed, that's the most likely scenario. Cena just took a cheapshot at Rock and it worked completely, I don't blame him fort writing notes on his arm due to the massive amount of expectation on him every-time he comes out now because of his promo history.

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
Jim Morrison said:
It's still being PG isn't it? So how is PG the problem?

Nope pg dslv and pg are completely different.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
JeebaK said:
Nope pg dslv and pg are completely different.

But they're still PG, which you said was the problem? Does it indicate Parental Guidance? If so then that isn't the problem you claimed it to be. They can do more under the current PG banner then they do it's simply down to poor booking.

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
KevinLockard23 said:
Anyone who doesn't think the notes thing was a work is being naive. Yes, I'm sure one of the best promo guys in wrestling (with years and years of experience) needs notes that he never even once looks at while giving his promo. It was obviously done to give Cena something to use as a put down.

Lol, what else can u expect from little cena marks? When someone takes a keyfabe storyline seriously, one would just have to question their mental state. People like Crayo are the biggest examples. :sky:

Jim Morrison said:
But they're still PG, which you said was the problem? Does it indicate Parental Guidance? If so then that isn't the problem you claimed it to be. They can do more under the current PG banner then they do it's simply down to poor booking.

nope, they are not pg. Pg = Pg dslv - dslv.
Simple maths for you.

Calling them same is like calling rice and grain the same stuff.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Crayo said:
No way, that's ludicrous. Rock marks calling it a work because they're embarrassed, that's the most likely scenario. Cena just took a cheapshot at Rock and it worked completely, I don't blame him fort writing notes on his arm due to the massive amount of expectation on him every-time he comes out now because of his promo history.

What's ludicrous about it? As I said, it's pretty naive to think that was a shoot, as if WWE has no say whatsoever in which direction this feud goes (including promos.) When is the last time Rock could be seen with writing on his arm? Like, ever. It makes sense that they would set it up to have Cena get a clever put down on The Rock so that it would at least look somewhat evenly matched promo wise. And what is the point in having notes written down on your arm when we don't even see The Rock look down at his wrist while giving the promo (one I have to think would probably be pretty easy to remember for someone like The Rock, thus no notes should be needed.)