The Rock with notes on his arm?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Sorry, I like most of your posts but that post screams "Rock mark who can't admit Cena is on his level".

Rock and Cena were semi-shooting, I doubt WWE said "Yeah go out there and talk about babyfaces, Rock returning to boost his movie" etc. That's completely outrageous. Face it, Rock used notes. He's probably done it in other promos too, it's no lie that Rock's promos aren't improvised. Most of them are scripts or serious bullet points - naive would be the perfect word to describe fans who disagree with that. He has more original word concepts than other stars, stuff like "Kung Pow Bitch" have been heard throughout his whole career. He doesn't make it all up.

Cena mentioned it and probably shouldn't have but it was a fantastic moment to get this feud more personal. Something he's done 2 weeks in a row, where Rock keeps doing the same old catch phrases which are great sometimes. The notes would be there for precautionary reasons obviously, the pressure he's under the crack a great promo is more than ANY other superstar on RAW combined. He's The Rock for god sake. What if he went out there and stumped? The biggest draw of the night, the guy the show is revolved around?

Face it, he got caught out. Doesn't happen often to someone like Rock and it won't effect his persona at all and I doubt it'll be mentioned again. Cena is on Rock's level and in my opinion is better on the mic than Rock is now. Aggressive/Serious Cena is someone who at times can't be matched unless it's Punk or Jericho. Quite a few superstars have said the same.

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
stupid cena marks will be stupid. lmao.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Sorry, I like most of your posts but that post screams "Rock mark who can't admit Cena is on his level".

Rock and Cena were semi-shooting, I doubt WWE said "Yeah go out there and talk about babyfaces, Rock returning to boost his movie" etc. That's completely outrageous. Face it, Rock used notes. He's probably done it in other promos too, it's no lie that Rock's promos aren't improvised. Most of them are scripts or serious bullet points - naive would be the perfect word to describe fans who disagree with that. He has more original word concepts than other stars, stuff like "Kung Pow Bitch" have been heard throughout his whole career. He doesn't make it all up.

Cena mentioned it and probably shouldn't have but it was a fantastic moment to get this feud more personal. Something he's done 2 weeks in a row, where Rock keeps doing the same old catch phrases which are great sometimes. The notes would be there for precautionary reasons obviously, the pressure he's under the crack a great promo is more than ANY other superstar on RAW combined. He's The Rock for god sake. What if he went out there and stumped? The biggest draw of the night, the guy the show is revolved around?

Face it, he got caught out. Doesn't happen often to someone like Rock and it won't effect his persona at all and I doubt it'll be mentioned again. Cena is on Rock's level and in my opinion is better on the mic than Rock is now. Aggressive/Serious Cena is someone who at times can't be matched unless it's Punk or Jericho. Quite a few superstars have said the same.

Well, when I hear confirmation one way or the other, I'll believe it was a shoot. Until then, it makes more sense that it was a work. If Rock stumped during his promo, then looking at his wrist to see what he was supposed to say would have looked awfully funny and suspicious.