The Rock reveals when he's coming back.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
It would help them more than anything else they could do.

Donald Trump_

WWEF Forums Sickest Member
Reaction score
Rainman said:
It would help them more than anything else they could do.

Yeah, people need to stop jumping on the "Rock must put over a young guy" bandwaggon. :burns:

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Re: RE: The Rock reveals when he's coming back.

stephan1 said:
Yeah, people need to stop jumping on the "Rock must put over a young guy" bandwaggon. :burns:

Why shouldn't a 40 year old part timer put the future talents over?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I understand that Rock can be used in dream matches and similar things, but that's not smart. Why use a guy to pop a buyrate at this WM if I can use him to build a star that can main event lots of WMs in the future? Rock, Lesnar, Taker & HHH should be used to put over stars. Cena too. But having a guy as over as Rock back and just use him in dream matches is not wise.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Going over Rock > Any of the others

Why can't they let someone go over Rock?

I put Miz over Rock in that post, lol. Obviously Rock would give the biggest rub since he's the biggest star, but if Rock puts over 7 young heels, the Rock loss will be devalued to the point where nobody really benefits at all.

I fear for the future of the wrestling business, if all they have to look forward to in 10 years is the in-ring-return of Randy Orton. Bleh.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Rock doesn't need to put over 7 young heels, I think one would be the most appropriate quantity, but two wouldn't hurt, I guess. Lesnar has to put people over (but they already fed him to Cena, shocker), Undertaker at WM, HHH (if he was willing to), Foley (who will probably feud with Ambrose), there are lots of options. Rock is just the guy that would give the biggest rub, I think.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Other ways for the oldies to put new guys over would be like H and Flair legitimised Orton and Batista with Evolution. Manage them, give them advice. Appear with them on screen and show confidence in them. For some wrestlers just having the support of a legend and the legend saying "This guy is untouchable" is good. But with Rock that wouldn't work since he can still go in the ring for at least 3 minute matches before he gets tired.

Reactions: Snowman1

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Stopspot said:
Other ways for the oldies to put new guys over would be like H and Flair legitimised Orton and Batista with Evolution. Manage them, give them advice. Appear with them on screen and show confidence in them. For some wrestlers just having the support of a legend and the legend saying "This guy is untouchable" is good. But with Rock that wouldn't work since he can still go in the ring for at least 3 minute matches before he gets tired.

:dawg: I agree, Rock in that managing angle wouldn't work. If Flair comes back, him and HHH could do another Evolution. Foley would also be appropriate for that role. So many different ways to put young guys over.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Hell even a Rock promo on how good someone is would help put them over. But him "overcoming" it and winning would make it void.

It's not like Taker who can lose and put someone over imo.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Yes, it wouldn't work if Rock won. But it's true, this works for the Undertaker at 'Mania. Taker winning in a "cheap" way would still put the guy over.

Donald Trump_

Reaction score
Lol @ the manager angle. That won't work. What most people don't get is that Rock needs the spotlight and the top spot. It's been that way since 1999 and basically every appearance he's made. He's not gonna be in some lowly manager angle. :dawg: He could put Danny over by reciting the YES chant. And make it cool because The Rock did it! :burns:

Donald Trump_

Reaction score
kanenite95 said:
Why must the Rock be the one to have to take the loss, how about having an up and comer beat SuperCena cleanly for once. Rock came back and who did he put over(or attempt to put over)? Cena. The Rock put plenty of people over during his last years in the company, why can't Cena do the same? Why doesn't anyone ever put pressure on Cena to put people over? If The Rock doesn't want to put someone over, then they obviously must not deserve it. Look at all the people Rock has put over, Y2J, Lesnar, Batista, Orton. They all became mega stars. Rock must not see that potential in any of the current stars

Yeah. Plus as far as pushes go, you know WWE is going to use Lesnar to build their young stars for the next year of his contract. :burns:

Donald Trump_

Reaction score
But as far as the manager role goes, that shit would fit someone like Flair. Rock can't be downgraded to being a manager. He's the people's champ. :burns: