The Rock reveals when he's coming back.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Donald Trump_

WWEF Forums Sickest Member
Reaction score
KevinLockard23 said:
No way is Rock turning heel, and I'm sure people wouldn't accept it anyway.

It occurred to me that since he's coming back at the start of 2013, maybe that means he'll win the WWE Title on an earlier PPV (the Rumble, for example), but then lose it at Wrestlemania. The problem is, I can't think of anyone who I would like him to lose to. Cena? Nope. Miz? No. Bryan? I'm sure there's no possibility of them even fighting.

Umm, you do realize Rock won't win the title until later on in 2013 right? He's going to come back @ the start of 2013 and hype it up and feud for it. And it will build up to WM 29.

Leo C said:
He should put Miz, Bryan, Ziggler, Rhodes, or some other young star over. Why don't you think he could fight Miz or Bryan?

And how exactly would you propose Rock put any of those guys over? And Rock won't lose the title @ WM to bryan or any of the new guys because none of them or big enough to main event WM with Rocky.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
stephan1 said:
Umm, you do realize Rock won't win the title until later on in 2013 right? He's going to come back @ the start of 2013 and hype it up and feud for it. And it will build up to WM 29.

And how exactly would you propose Rock put any of those guys over? And Rock won't lose the title @ WM to bryan or any of the new guys because none of them or big enough to main event WM with Rocky.

He doesn't have to put them over at WM, it's not necessary. And how would I use him to put them over? Well, I'd have them feud and have the heel win the feud's blow off match.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
stephan1 said:

By losing the title to them at WM. That's how a old timer (That's what Rocky is deal with it) passes the torch and puts a new guy over. The legend has a program with them and ends up losing. Legitimizing the new guy in the process. It is what Jericho did with Punk and Orton did with Barrett and big Show and Henry did with Bryan to some degree.

Donald Trump_

Reaction score
Leo C said:
He doesn't have to put them over at WM, it's not necessary. And how would I use him to put them over? Well, I'd have them feud and have the heel win the feud's blow off match.

It probably won't go as far as anyone winning against Rock, but the thing is people can be put over simply by being in a segment against Rock. The Rock isn't Triple H, even when he wins he somehow finds a way to put over talent.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I wanted to see Bryan making Big Show tap out, that would've put him over well. Anyway, Rock is the perfect guy to put someone over, he's extremely over and is also a great draw. He can also sell very well.

Donald Trump_

Reaction score
Stopspot said:
By losing the title to them at WM. That's how a old timer (That's what Rocky is deal with it) passes the torch and puts a new guy over. The legend has a program with them and ends up losing. Legitimizing the new guy in the process. It is what Jericho did with Punk and Orton did with Barrett and big Show and Henry did with Bryan to some degree.

I guess Bryan could make rock tap out @ WM and pull off an upset and be put over. Even though none of the guys you mentioned are on Rock's level. :obama: :burns:

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Exactly. They're not considered to be at Rock's level now, but if they beat him, they will. That's how it works.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
stephan1 said:
I guess Bryan could make rock tap out @ WM and pull off an upset and be put over. Even though none of the guys you mentioned are on Rock's level. :obama: :burns:

They never will be on his level unless he puts them over. Rock didn't officially reach legend status until Hogan put him over. Before that he was great. After that he was cemented as the greatest. Cause the previous greatest decided to put him over.

Donald Trump_

Reaction score
Leo C said:
Exactly. They're not considered to be at Rock's level now, but if they beat him, they will. That's how it works.

I actually meant the legends. Henry, Orton, Show, Y2J. None of them are on Rock's level. :obama:

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Leo put it perfectly.

Only guy on Rock's level in WWE is Cena, Taker and HHH. Why? Because they've been put over by other previous stars and made themselves superstars. Cena/Rock needed to happen as it's a dream match, Cena should have won it though.

Now Rock needs to face someone great on the mic or someone good on the mic but an awesome wrestler - like Bryan. But I think Barrett or Miz would benefit the most from a feud with Rock. The promos would be godly.

Donald Trump_

Reaction score
Crayo said:
Leo put it perfectly.

Only guy on Rock's level in WWE is Cena, Taker and HHH. Why? Because they've been put over by other previous stars and made themselves superstars. Cena/Rock needed to happen as it's a dream match, Cena should have won it though.

Now Rock needs to face someone great on the mic or someone good on the mic but an awesome wrestler - like Bryan. But I think Barrett or Miz would benefit the most from a feud with Rock. The promos would be godly.

Not sure if Miz/Rock would happen, seeing as how WWE has pretty much tried to bury him. Probably don't want him getting a mega-push. But I can see Punk/Rock, Bryan/Rock, Ryback/Rock.