The Rock reveals when he's coming back.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I'd say the final choice lies with Rock. He if anyone knows what qualities needs to be filled for someone to be great. Kind of like how Undertaker selects what new guy gets a shot at his streak or a feud with him. He picks a guy that he knows is good and will benefit from having gone one on one with the Undertaker.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Leo C said:
He should put Miz, Bryan, Ziggler, Rhodes, or some other young star over. Why don't you think he could fight Miz or Bryan?

It's personal preference not wanting to see him lose to The Miz. He won't fight Bryan because Bryan is too small compared to him. I'm sure that'll make it unappealing in WWE's eyes. They're obviously wanting him to have an epic match with someone who is at least somewhat near his level, like Cena, But other than Cena, there is no one else I can think of other than Brock, who would obviously not win against him. That's why I doubt he'll fight a newer guy at Wrestlemania at all, unless it's giving Cena his win. Suggesting that he could fight these guys (or Ryback, as someone else suggested) is getting way ahead of ourselves since there is no guarantee they will be big enough stars to face The Rock by next year, much less beat him in a way that people buy into (just having any of them win over The Rock won't do anything good by itself.)

stephan1 said:
Umm, you do realize Rock won't win the title until later on in 2013 right? He's going to come back @ the start of 2013 and hype it up and feud for it. And it will build up to WM 29.

That's why I typed "maybe" in my post. I was speculating about an alternate idea.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Yes, but it's stupid having Rock around and just using him for one of two big matches instead of building new stars.

Donald Trump_

WWEF Forums Sickest Member
Reaction score
Leo C said:
Yes, but it's stupid having Rock around and just using him for one of two big matches instead of building new stars.

That's WWE's fault. They need to build up stars and then having their stars go over the rock would be perfect. As KEvin pointed out, only people at this point are Cena and Lesnar, because those 2 are the only main event-ers at this point. WWE needs more main eventers, and then those young main eventers will face rock.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I understand. But Rock is the guy to solidify them as the big main eventers. Which, as I always say, could be done without older stars coming back if WWE actually new how to book.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
You don't get it Stephan lol. All the big big guys have gone over legends. Cena and Lesnar, the "only two guys legitimate enough" went over legends to get over. How can Barrett become a superstar beating randomers? Put him over Rock and he's a super heel for life.

I'm sorry but Rock winning is one night of entertainment for Rock marks. Rock losing is every Monday entertainment with a brand new star.

Donald Trump_

Reaction score
Crayo said:
You don't get it Stephan lol. All the big big guys have gone over legends. Cena and Lesnar, the "only two guys legitimate enough" went over legends to get over. How can Barrett become a superstar beating randomers? Put him over Rock and he's a super heel for life.

I'm sorry but Rock winning is one night of entertainment for Rock marks. Rock losing is every Monday entertainment with a brand new star.

IK but I'm saying that WWE should build their young stars up until them going over Rock can be legitimate. Like stone cold said, they need to get their stars to main event status because at this point all they have is Lesnar and cena. After they build their youngins up a little they can go over Rock and solidify themselves. If booked right, the young main eventer going over the rock can make them "the guy" instead of "one of the guys"

For example, if Ryback went over Rock it wouldn't be legitimate since he's not big enough yet, but given a couple good feuds and a title reign then he could completely go over the rock.

Stopspot

Reaction score
stephan1 said:
IK but I'm saying that WWE should build their young stars up until them going over Rock can be legitimate. Like stone cold said, they need to get their stars to main event status because at this point all they have is Lesnar and cena. After they build their youngins up a little they can go over Rock and solidify themselves. If booked right, the young main eventer going over the rock can make them "the guy" instead of "one of the guys"

For example, if Ryback went over Rock it wouldn't be legitimate since he's not big enough yet, but given a couple good feuds and a title reign then he could completely go over the rock.

So you say the guys have to pay their dues? Most of the guys on the cusp of main eventing have. Bryan and Punk have payed their dues on the indie scene for ten years or so before coming to WWE. They are more legit then most of the guys in the WWE now. Cody Rhodes has been in the WWE since around 2005 and has feuded with DX. One of the biggest stables ever. He is ready. Miz has main lined a Wrestlemania, present burying set a side the guy could also be ready. Barrett has feuded with both big guys in the company (Cena and Orton) and led one of the few good newer stables. He is ready.

Reactions: Snowman1

Donald Trump_

Reaction score
Stopspot said:
So you say the guys have to pay their dues? Most of the guys on the cusp of main eventing have. Bryan and Punk have payed their dues on the indie scene for ten years or so before coming to WWE. They are more legit then most of the guys in the WWE now. Cody Rhodes has been in the WWE since around 2005 and has feuded with DX. One of the biggest stables ever. He is ready. Miz has main lined a Wrestlemania, present burying set a side the guy could also be ready. Barrett has feuded with both big guys in the company (Cena and Orton) and led one of the few good newer stables. He is ready.

What Kevin said. :dawg:

Stopspot

Reaction score
But giving the match to Brock or Cena is just stupid. Brock has even said in interviews he doesn't even want title matches during his return. He just wants the money and help the business build new stars. Cena doesn't need it and should also focus on building new stars since he is past winning titles now.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Dude I'm not tanning about Ryback though lol. Barrett is a megastar, it's not hard to see that. He lead one of the most exciting stables in history. He can easily go over Rock. Miz and Bryan have been around for ages.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
As was pointed out already, just because one of these guys beats The Rock doesn't guarantee it'll automatically make them a bigger star. I still think the best use of Rock is to use him in 'dream matches', or some type of match with a guy already on his level (or near it.) Mainly because Rock isn't sticking around except for a couple of matches. I think feuds/matches to make others into bigger stars are more suited to a 2-3 month program (if not longer) rather than just one match.

Also remember that Rock is being brought back for business/money. A match with a newer star likely wouldn't draw as well. I'm just taking WWE's likely POV on this.

Guys like Cena and Triple H (I would say Undertaker if he didn't wrestle only at WM now) are better used to be the ones to help put over the younger talent into becoming bigger stars on a regular basis.

Donald Trump_

Reaction score
I just don't want Rock to hold back on the mic like he did with cena.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
There are plenty of legends that could be brought back to work programs with people. It wouldn't hurt Shawn Michaels' legacy too much if he came back to work a program with Ziggler. There's Foley and Ambrose, obviously, and if you can convince him to actually do something good for business, Triple H is waiting in the wings so there's an opponent for Bryan. Punk can go over Austin, Miz over Rock, if Rhodes can get a clean win on Cena it would be great... And it would be the greatest thing ever if Wade Barrett went over Undertaker at Wrestlemania.

The problem is that, obviously, WWE will screw it up. See Rhodes's feud with Orton, then Booker T, which was never followed up on.