• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Return of Unpopular Wrestling Opinions

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
I hope I don't get my head bit off for this one but I'm not really a fan of Asuka. I've just found she doesn't really do much for me in all honesty. I think she's talented and I have certainly enjoyed her matches but she just doesn't excite me for the most part. I get why people like her, but she's not really my cup of tea.

I much prefer a lot of other women on the roster over her, and I've pretty much always felt like that.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
I hope I don't get my head bit off for this one but I'm not really a fan of Asuka. I've just found she doesn't really do much for me in all honesty. I think she's talented and I have certainly enjoyed her matches but she just doesn't excite me for the most part. I get why people like her, but she's not really my cup of tea.

I much prefer a lot of other women on the roster over her, and I've pretty much always felt like that.
restraint-no-restraint.gif

Cwalker

:thelist

InsaneAlphaBeta

Sonya was my pick as one of the women that would break out in WWE. I preferred her over Mandy, and think she was one of the best call-ups. Great look, and I feel she has come a long way in-ring and in the talking department. I also feel that her MMA background gives her a bit of legitmacy that other women don't have. She's only 27, so I definitely feel like there is plenty of opportunity for her to shine hopefully.

44a566c2979f4aa19edc5894fb1ce817.gif
This is the WWE we are talking about, she wont shine or breath through, no matter how many great matches she has. Despite the fact she always does great in her matches. If she dyed her hair blonde then shed have a chance.

InsaneAlphaBeta

The whole blonde hair narrative thing is so overplayed.
Yet its still true lol.

I believe it was carmella who had a period of time where she wasnt blonde anymore, they basicly did nothing with her, she dyed it blonde again and instantly shes back in the title picture, even won it i think. And thats one of countless examples.

Say what you will but history has shown there is actually something there. Multiple times one of the not blonde women dyed their hair and immediately things change for them.

Dale

Super Moderator
I'm genuinely curious as to who the other examples would be because outside of Carmella and even now as a blonde she's basically playing the jobber role, nobody is springing to mind. I aint buying Natalya either if that's someone you're gonna use. If she were to be pushed based off anything, it's her name and not the hair colour.

Also, still not buying it. Mandy Rose and Dana Brooke would be getting airtime every single week since they're supposedly Vince's wet dream going by this criteria.

Charlotte's been the only blonde Raw or SmackDown's women champion since Ronda almost 3 years ago. You might say Rhea, but there's no way she's being pushed off her hair colour.

Can't agree with you at all.

Moon Bird

Jim Ross should retire.

Not because of his occasional mistakes. He's just getting old. The excitement in his voice just isn't there... it's nothing personal, nothing against him...he's good at what he does but you can only have so many people at the commentary booth (though some weeks I feel like Tony Khan would disagree...)

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Jim Ross should retire.

Not because of his occasional mistakes. He's just getting old. The excitement in his voice just isn't there... it's nothing personal, nothing against him...he's good at what he does but you can only have so many people at the commentary booth (though some weeks I feel like Tony Khan would disagree...)
Fair