The Return of Unpopular Wrestling Opinions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jobber Doink

Reaction score

I enjoyed Heel Doink so much more then Face Doink, honestly Face Doink was just a stupid idea because a babyface clown is just meh, they're no fun really in a wrestling setting, whats he gonna do, hand out balloon animals and shit to the fans and other wrestlers? Boring

Heel Doink coulda been so much better if not only they booked him well and moved away from the Prankster stuff. They easily could have started him off as the prankster he was, but after his prankster ways just weren't working he should have gone the way @Grim Cornette says as that woulda been an ideal way to play him. The pranks can only go so far before everyone gets bored of it. Realizing the pranks are failing and going full psycho woulda been amazing.

The other option woulda been to go into the full Creepy clown gimmick and just run with it. Wasn't far off from the IT miniseries either so it coulda worked to.

Reactions: Chris

Mox Girl

Resident Mox fangirl
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
SethRollins1
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
jtPFFXH
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
I didn't care about Punk returning. I'm happy for everyone who was excited about it and enjoyed it, but personally it wasn't my jam. I actually got into an argument with someone who got mad that I wasn't excited about it :lol

Jobber Doink

Reaction score
I didn't care about Punk returning. I'm happy for everyone who was excited about it and enjoyed it, but personally it wasn't my jam. I actually got into an argument with someone who got mad that I wasn't excited about it :lol

I don't get that, why does it matter if someone is or isn't as excited as you, obviously every wrestler has a different place in peoples hearts and views of things.

Why expect everyone to feel the same way about a wrestler.

I didn't really care for Stings return myself, it was cool and awesome but I never enjoyed sting as a wrestler. Seeing Christian show up though was amazing.

Mox Girl

Resident Mox fangirl
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
SethRollins1
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
jtPFFXH
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
I don't get that, why does it matter if someone is or isn't as excited as you, obviously every wrestler has a different place in peoples hearts and views of things.

Why expect everyone to feel the same way about a wrestler.

I didn't really care for Stings return myself, it was cool and awesome but I never enjoyed sting as a wrestler. Seeing Christian show up though was amazing.
Exactly, I don't know why it was so important to them I was excited about it :lol I mean, I wouldn't get mad at someone cos they didn't get excited about Mox winning the title last year or his AEW debut, lol.

It was like "you're not even a LITTLE BIT excited?", I'm like "no" :lol

It's weird though cos I used to be a big Punk fan, between 2011 and 2014 he was in my top 5 faves easily. But I went off him.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Reaction score

I was surprised you weren't feeling it, as I had you pegged as a Punk gal for some reason. I clearly don't know you as well as I thought. :lol

Seeing as you liked him for quite a few years, I imagine he change your perspective in AEW assuming he has a good run and matches. We'll see how it goes.

Never feel bad for not being excited about something. If you're not, then you're not. It's nice of you to be happy for everybody else regardlesss. :zayn I enjoy seeing you get stoked when Mox comes out.

Reactions: Vegeta

Mox Girl

Resident Mox fangirl
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
SethRollins1
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
jtPFFXH
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
I was surprised you weren't feeling it, as I had you pegged as a Punk gal for some reason. I clearly don't know you as well as I thought. :lol

Seeing as you liked him for quite a few years, I imagine he change your perspective in AEW assuming he has a good run and matches. We'll see how it goes.

Never feel bad for not being excited about something. If you're not, then you're not. It's nice of you to be happy for everybody else regardlesss. :zayn I enjoy seeing you get stoked when Mox comes out.
I used to love him but the last 7 years of "will he, won't he" got tiring and I just got sick of it. So by the time he showed up for real, I was over it, lol.

Tonight's Dynamite will be everyone else going gaga over Punk and me being the sole person in the corner being excited cos Mox has a match though :lmao

• Haha
Reactions: Vegeta

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
People not being hyped for Punk don't bother me. There's plenty of people rejoicing with me.

I'm not so sure that's an unpopular, though, since it's not really an opinion, just a feeling, unless you're making a claim like he's not over or something.

You're definitely entitled to like you you like and shouldn't be bullied into caring he's back. Just like I gave zero shits Cena was back for a week and change.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I used to love him but the last 7 years of "will he, won't he" got tiring and I just got sick of it. So by the time he showed up for real, I was over it, lol.
To be fair, that was others putting that onto him. He was crystal clear he wasn't coming ack. Until he got on Heels and then he was mum about it.

Mox Girl

Resident Mox fangirl
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
SethRollins1
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
jtPFFXH
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
I'm not so sure that's an unpopular, though, since it's not really an opinion, just a feeling, unless you're making a claim like he's not over or something.

Uh, no. Never claimed that or even hinted at it.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Uh, no. Never claimed that or even hinted at it.
I wasn't saying you did. Just saying your statement wasn't really an opinion, unpopular or popular, is all, no worries.

That said, like I said in the rest of that post, feel free to not care about his return, though. Your right not to.

Mox Girl

Resident Mox fangirl
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
SethRollins1
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
jtPFFXH
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
I wasn't saying you did. Just saying your statement wasn't really an opinion, unpopular or popular, is all, no worries.

That said, like I said in the rest of that post, feel free to not care about his return, though. Your right not to.
What statement isn't an opinion? You've lost me.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
What statement isn't an opinion? You've lost me.
Not caring that he's back really isn't an opinion. An opinion is making some kind of Assessment or Assertion:

Cena was never really as over as people said he was etc.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score

Tonight's Dynamite will be everyone else going gaga over Punk and me being the sole person in the corner being excited cos Mox has a match though :lmao

Oh yeah, I might be annoying tonight in the live thread. Apologies in advance :lol

cm-punk.gif

• Love
Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Sami Callihan accidentally breaking Eddie Edwards' face with a baseball bat was the best thing to happen to his career. He went from no character and bland to an insane brawler that had depth to them.