The Return of Unpopular Wrestling Opinions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Oh yeah, I might be annoying tonight in the live thread. Apologies in advance :lol

cm-punk.gif
You and me both, sister (brother).

Reactions: Vegeta

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Unpopular Opinion: Ultramantis Black appearing at Glory By Honor this weekend was a much more interesting debut than CM Punk's.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Unpopular Opinion: Ultramantis Black appearing at Glory By Honor this weekend was a much more interesting debut than CM Punk's.
It absolutely was not :lmao I fucking love UMB but dude just joined commentary to support his boys who lost, and that was that. He seemed to indicate that Incoherence would be sticking around, but even so, they're little more than filler for the six-man tag division. Cool to see him, but I don't see how it holds any intrigue going forward.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
At this point, if anyone says "wait and see" about anything in WWE, they're a complete moron. I see so many terrible booking decisions and ideas (like Doudrop, or Becky squashing Bianca, or anything like that) and people just kneejerk to "wait and see, it'll work out". It has never worked out.

If anything WWE related starts out shit, it'll never be anything better than shit.

Reactions: Alexa and Vegeta

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
At this point, if anyone says "wait and see" about anything in WWE, they're a complete moron. I see so many terrible booking decisions and ideas (like Doudrop, or Becky squashing Bianca, or anything like that) and people just kneejerk to "wait and see, it'll work out". It has never worked out.

If anything WWE related starts out shit, it'll never be anything better than shit.
Anyone quoting Alvarez... :smh

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Sami Callihan accidentally breaking Eddie Edwards' face with a baseball bat was the best thing to happen to his career. He went from no character and bland to an insane brawler that had depth to them.
That's... a pretty good point :WOW

Reactions: Alexa

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf

Lol ya this is legit. Wwe doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt n ppl really need to see that

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
I didn't care about Punk returning. I'm happy for everyone who was excited about it and enjoyed it, but personally it wasn't my jam. I actually got into an argument with someone who got mad that I wasn't excited about it :lol

I’m the same way about Lesnar’s return. I don’t think he’s bad or anything but I’m just not as crazy about him as everyone else is.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The day the chants took over people cheering and booing was the day pro wrestling died....it's up to the performer to dictate what fans should be cheering and booing for, when that was replaced with stupid chants, that's when the decline in attendance and viewership began to happen.

ECW, Steve Austin and his what? the Yes chant and the silly ass shenanigans of the post Mania audience are the bane of this business.

Mox Girl

Resident Mox fangirl
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
SethRollins1
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
jtPFFXH
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
I’m the same way about Lesnar’s return. I don’t think he’s bad or anything but I’m just not as crazy about him as everyone else is.
I feel ya. I've hated Brock for years and every single time he comes back I'm annoyed. When he came out at Summerslam I legit went "noooooooooooooooooooo" out loud :lmao

Reactions: Jimmy King

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
In five years people are gonna be back in on WWE. When they have real competition they adapt and they change. Always has and always will. Wether it’s Vince, Steph, Trips; or Shane at the helm the resurgence will happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Im not sure if this actually an unpopuler opinion or not, but Sonya Deville is one of the best women WWE has and they are wasting her.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Im not sure if this actually an unpopuler opinion or not, but Sonya Deville is one of the best women WWE has and they are wasting her.
It might actually be, but I agree with you. She's being stifled. That said, I do think she wants to be out of the ring due to her stalker.

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score

It might actually be, but I agree with you. She's being stifled. That said, I do think she wants to be out of the ring due to her stalker.

Sonya was my pick as one of the women that would break out in WWE. I preferred her over Mandy, and think she was one of the best call-ups. Great look, and I feel she has come a long way in-ring and in the talking department. I also feel that her MMA background gives her a bit of legitmacy that other women don't have. She's only 27, so I definitely feel like there is plenty of opportunity for her to shine hopefully.

44a566c2979f4aa19edc5894fb1ce817.gif

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Sgt. Slaughter's 1990-91 Iraqi turncoat run was successful. To go from a beloved G.I. Joe to a traitor who supported Saddam Hussein during the Persian Gulf War got him "over." He was the most hated wrestler during that time who was drawing a chorus of boos wherever he went. It paid off in dividends: He was the WWF Champion, even if it was for a transitional period.

Last edited: