"The Punisher" Kevin Calvaco

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Beer Money Army

oh yes Montana... all Matches were around **-***, so i woudlnt be trying to find them

but speaking of Kane... What is your favourite singles match of his???

(elmination chamber s.series 2002, 6 pack challenge unforgiven 99 are pny my favourites matches, MITB wm21, he has been in)

My favourite singles match of his: kane Vs Shane mcmahon Series 2003(*** 1/2 in my books tho)... (but Taker/Kane WM 14, HBK/kane Unforgiven 2004) would not be far off...

Montana

Will Jeff Hardy win the WWE Championship?

Many have claimed his mental well-being has stopped WWE from doing giving him the belt. Thoughts?

Yes. It doesn't look like the wwe is giving up on Jeff Hardy. The fans certainly have not given up on Jeff Hardy. I think Jeff has to put in the tough work to regain trust with the wwe organization, but i still think Hardy can turn it around. I also really liked the HHH/Hardy match, it makes it look like Hardy can pull off a upset against someone the caliber of HHH. I'd like to see them set up Jeff Hardy for a Title match at WM. (25 or 26) Wishful thinking, maybe.

but speaking of Kane... What is your favourite singles match of his???

Well, i don't really look at multiman matches as singles matches (or do i really give much credit.) I don't think Kane really has a defining match. Heres some of my most memorable .

- The Undertaker vs. Kane Series (take your pick)

- Steve AUstin vs Kane (First Blood) still a classic

- Kane vs MVP (Inferno match) I think there was a no dq one on SD too.

- Kane vs. 3 other tag teams TLC match

- MITB and E.C. matches were memorable too, but its hard to credit Kane for that.

Montana

Are we seeing the Hell in a Cell too often in the WWE? From an event that was very rare, we now see it at least once a year, sometimes twice! Thoughts?

Well, there has been a few cases of it being over used, but for the most part no. There has been 16 matches in 11 years. I'd say once a year is good. It was a little over used the first few years they did it. But since then, they've done a good job at saving the match for the big fued of the year.

Matt or Jeff?

I like Jeff. He's a more entertaining wrestler and has more charsima imo. Matt just doesn't scream main event to me. Matt is certainly the more consistent and stays out of trouble, but he shouldn't be pushed just cause he stays out of trouble. One day he could be champ, i think he's done enough to earn a trail run as champ. But i think at the moment, I'd put the belt on Jeff before Matt. Its a tough call though, i am a little prejudice, and i dont see all the backstage bs.

Beer Money Army

just say only one of the following current wwe wrestlers i list, leave wwe to join TNA...

The List
- JBL
- Kane
- Rey mysterio
- Big show
- carlito
- Mr kennedy
- Umaga
- Chavo guerrero
- Finlay
- Mark henry

Do you think they would make a impact at all for TNA Impact/PPV/house show ratings/crowd attandance?

Montana

just say only one of the following current wwe wrestlers i list, leave wwe to join TNA...

Hmmm, kinda tough with the names listed because you pretty picked the top candidates, and their odds are all pretty similar. If i had to pick one I'd say Chavo Guerrero. I think he would have the most to gain by going to TNA, and i he's stale in the WWE. He's hit the glass ceiling so to speak so i'd have to think the move that makes the most sense for the wrestler and the wwe, would have to be Chavo.

The List
- JBL - I dont think he's moving. WWE'er for life. If anything he would take time off

- Kane - He's nearing retirement

- Rey mysterio - With his health status, i think he's only a few years away from retirement as well.

- Big show - I could have seen him going to TNA before his return, but now he's back i think he's only got one run left. Although there isn't much for him in the WWE now anyways. I'd say theres a small chance of him popping up in TNA.

- carlito- perhaps. Depends on his backstage antics. Hopefully teaming up with his brother, carlito turns over a new leaf and becomes a little more competitive. Cleans his act up backstage, but if he does screw and gets fired, he could be going to TNA.

- Mr kennedy- Similar to Carlito, he's gotta be fired before he goes to TNA. He would make a splash for sure in TNA.

- Umaga- I don't see him going to TNA, but ya never know. I guess there is a slight chance of it, but i'd think the wwe would have to really give up on Umaga for that to happen. THe wwe has invested a lot of time into Umaga.

- Chavo guerrero- Like i meantioned before, this would be best for CHavo and the wwe. I think Chavo could stay aboard, but if they had to cut their loses with someone, i think losing Chavo for a year or two wouldn't hurt at all.

- Finlay- he's too old, he will likely go back to working backstage.

- Mark henry- Mark Henry is too good for TNA. I Would imagine, he would just retire.

Do you think they would make a impact at all for TNA Impact/PPV/house show ratings/crowd attandance?

Chavo? No, not really. Its not about what they have, its how they use it. They got a great roster, they just dont know how to use it. I think two guys that could bring a little excitment to TNA, is #1 Mr. Kennedy. I think his character could be brought full circle in TNA, and really become a top guy over there. I also think they could use someone like the Big Show. Someone to provide some entertainment here and there.

Tomko. Should WWE re-sign him? Should he stay in NJPW? Should NOAH look into him? Should TNA just keep him to themselves? Oh and, thoughts on him. Is he the "total package"?

Im not a fan of Tomko, (im thinking you probably asked this bc your a fan of his) I think Tomko is pretty generic and basically just another muscle head that uses roids. If the WWE can sign Tomko at a reasonable price, I'd say do it. See what kind of reaction he gets and go from there. I think Tomko is best off in TNA at the moment. He's was having a good run there, and it all ending real quick. So i think he's best off in TNA and NJPW. I do not consider him the total package. Despite not liking him very much, i do think he has a little potential. I don't think he's been used right his whole career, so that may have something to do with it. But I think any company right now should consider bringing him in. The contract just needs to be proper. (clauses with drug suspensions, merchandise sales, low $ first year, yearly raises)

Beer Money Army

If you were the owner of the WWE at the moment..

You need to make 10 cuts, just so you can have more money in your pocket.. Who would you cut...

(i dunno whos in the development so This question is just to who on WWE 3 brands roster)

1. Boogeyman - I have never liked this man, I actually felt bad for JBL when he had to job to him back in 2006.. His gimmick is very creative, but i think it get's really bland pretty fast.. The only thing that could re-fresh him is maybe heel turn and attack taker but that is 1000000000-1 odds and i dont want to see it.. So I would fired him

2. curt hawkins - i never thought much of him or his partner...

3. Zack ryder - read #2

4. The great Khali - i'd let this him/jackass thing run and after its over. Have him set up in a big match against Undertaker as a act of revenge by Vickie/Big show on a smackdown of course (not ppv)...

5. Snitsky - This man debut in 2004, He had a long time to prove himself and he hasn't done much and he had alot of oppunities to do make it big...

6. Jillian - That singing gimmick has ruined her career and i wouldnt wanna be the man to fix it, so ditch her to someone else that can do it...

7. Chuck Palumbo - i was surprised when wwe re-signed him as he didnt really draw for them in 2001-2004 time...

8. Gavin Spears - i didn't like him since his 1st promo.. to me he seems like a corny jimmy rave wwe version.. He ain't no crown jewel without prince nana...

9. Kenny Dykstra - I felt he got bought up to the main roster at a too young of age, I think 21 is the right age to start in the WWE main roster.. he is decent but i think he needs sometime away from WWE and then i'd probably get him back in 2-3 yrs if things work out

10. Maria - I know she is very hot, but face she has been there since 2004 and what improvement has she done, atleast Candice, Mccool, Maryse has improve in there wwe stint....

Nancy Di Loreto

Reaction score
WWECW. The best (actual) wrestling show on television?

While booed in '06 and showcasing nothing special, expect the forgettable Extreme Rules contests every week, we now see 10+ plus matches every week, featuring showdowns with unbelievable high-flyers and rough and tough brawlers. Is this what wrestling should be?

Montana

If you were the owner of the WWE at the moment..

You need to make 10 cuts, just so you can have more money in your pocket.. Who would you cut...

THis is easy...

1) Gavin Spears

2) Layla

3) Hardcore Holly

4) Hacksaw Jim Duggan

5) CHuck Pulumbo

6) Jesse

7) Festus

8) Bam Neely

9) Zack Ryder

10) Curt Hawkins

I'd take Vickie off television as well. (I forgot to add her to the list)

WWECW. The best (actual) wrestling show on television?

I think it depends on the week actually. TNA and SD sometimes have better wrestling. I'd say its split about 33% for each of them. Raw sometimes has a killer match here and there too, but overall raw doesn't offer much. SO to not really answer your question, its pretty even.

While booed in '06 and showcasing nothing special, expect the forgettable Extreme Rules contests every week, we now see 10+ plus matches every week, featuring showdowns with unbelievable high-flyers and rough and tough brawlers. Is this what wrestling should be?

I think it serves it purpose. I wouldn't say its the ideal wrestling program, but i think it does a great job giving fans some wrestling. It gives the younger guys a shot and gives them a stepping stone. As you can probably tell by my signatures, and hearing me give props to ROH, that would be my Ideal wrestling organization. To me, its something new. Great wrestling, good characters, good storylines. Even the bad ROH shows are pretty good. So as kaedon said "sometimes less is more" With ROH having 30-40 shows a year. It allows them to carry out storylines better, and not have to worry about ratings and other BS like that.

But i think ECW has been solid from the start. I think they had this plan from the start, they just used the originals, to bring back some old fans, and give them the next generation. They never said it would be similar to the old ecw, so i think they have done a good job with it.

Nancy Di Loreto

Reaction score
Are cruiserweights less likely to be World Champ in any organization, purely based on their size?

We've seen Rey Rey as the World Champion (notice the Heavyweight missing there), but was pushed off Eddie's death, which bombed as an incentive. Could someone like Evan Bourne, Jamie Noble or Hurricane Helms still make it that far in the WWE?

Montana

Are cruiserweights less likely to be World Champ in any organization, purely based on their size?

Yes, Its generally world "Heavyweight" champ. Every organization is different, although in terms of the wwe, for the most part, cruisers will never be world champs. Rey Mysterio won the belt, because he was argueably the greatest cruiser weight of all time. (Not bc eddie passed) So its possible to have a lightweight make a impact on the heavyweight division, its just a rare case, when it does happen. Certainly its harder in the WWE, opposed to TNA and ROH. In TNA, AJ Styles has been champ about 3 times and another reign wouldn't surprise me. ROH has had Low ki as their champ. I could see Jimmie Jacobs becoming ROH champ one day as well.

We've seen Rey Rey as the World Champion (notice the Heavyweight missing there), but was pushed off Eddie's death, which bombed as an incentive. Could someone like Evan Bourne, Jamie Noble or Hurricane Helms still make it that far in the WWE?

I don't think it was so much Eddie death that pushed rey, but more along the lines that he deserved it. With being one of the best cruiserweights in history. I don't see any of those three guys making it all the way to the top of the wwe. As mentioned earlier, it takes a special someone, and for them to make it the top, it will be pretty rare in the wwe. The wwe is all about the atmosphere and the show. Having 150 lbs guys wrestle, isn't always the most entertaining show. I can't see anyway Noble or Helms will make that far, because they simply won't be over enough. Evan Bourne has all the skills in the ring, but his outside personality does not. If Bourne could somehow gain a lot of charisma, perhaps he could one day be champ, although i'd say it looks very unlikely.

Nancy Di Loreto

Reaction score
Have WWE ever booked tag teams properly?

Companies like TNA and ROH have actually made their tag teams seem (if they aren't) superior to their single stars. Do you think WWE has never achieved this?

Moonlight Drive

Do you think the Cruiserweight Division should be resurrected, if it was going to be booked like it was in WCW?

If so, who should WWE chuck into it and how would you book it?