"The Punisher" Kevin Calvaco

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Beer Money Army

do you think HBK/Y2J ladder match has the potential to be WWE greatest match since HBK/angle WM 21???

how do you will win #1 contender?
(side question: Do you think Y2J will be able to retain the belt against future #1 contender?)

do you think MCMG are misused in TNA?

If there was ever a Inter-indy promotions feud in 2008, who in your mind would be the Best 2 indy companies to feud at each other at the moment?

Millzy Pt. 2

Reaction score
Q1. What do you love the most about African American fans going crazy at adult Indy shows?

Q2.Who in the hell is Brie Bella?

Q3.What are your thoughts on Youth MMA with mainly adults perceive it as an huge issue in sports?

Q4.Do you think AJ Styles is STILL being used poorly in TNA?

Q5.What are you and the other staff members doing for Wrestling Station when his rep power gets to 100?

Q6.What are your thoughts of the potential Shelton/R-Truth fued?

Q7.When do you think will be the right time for Taylor Wilde to drop the KOs title to Roxxi?

Montana

do you think HBK/Y2J ladder match has the potential to be WWE greatest match since HBK/angle WM 21???

Nah. It has potential, but i can't see if being better than taker/Edge HIAC. I dont HBK body with allow him the take the risk he once did. 10 years ago this would be a amazing match, but now i think its going to be a very solid match. Some sorta BS ending with Jericho retaining. Plus throwing a ladder in, could hurt the actually great wrestling pyschology these two have.

how do you will win #1 contender?

Not sure who's fighting, but ill go with Batista.

do you think MCMG are misused in TNA?

Are they the TNA tag champs? I think that answers your question. They aren't being used bad, but it could be better. I think most the fans wanted to see LAX vs MCMG for the tag belts at BFG. I think not booking that match, has hurt the guns. I was thinking that was the reason they never really got a title shot the past year. So they've been building them up pretty good, just missed their shot to hit the climax at the right time (ex: see samoa joe)

If there was ever a Inter-indy promotions feud in 2008, who in your mind would be the Best 2 indy companies to feud at each other at the moment?

Tough call because ROH is somewhat ....head and shoulders above the competition. I think ROH vs FCW (the new wwe devolopment) would be interesting. Mostly because the devolopment students would get ran over. I have to say the most popular other american indy would be Chikara at the moment. So I'll have to say ROH vs Chikara. I dont think 2008 is the best year, but oh well. So heres some matchups i'd like to see.

Nigel vs Eddie Kingston

Austin Aries vs Mike Quackenbush

Steenerico vs Delirous/Hallowicked

Rhett Titus vs Larry Sweeney

Erick Stevens vs Brodie Lee

Bryan Danielson vs Tim Donst

Briscoes vs Team Fist

Tyler Black vs. Vin Gerard

AOTF vs Osirian Portal

NRC (Romero/Richards) vs Los Ice Creams

Brent Albright vs Chris Hero

Go Shoizaki vs Claudio Castagnoli

Vulture Squad vs The Colony

Q1. What do you love the most about African American fans going crazy at adult Indy shows?

Idk, is that a trick question??? Funny story here though. I was in cleveland for a show about a month ago. Bryan Danielson was facing Kenny King (from tough enough a long time ago, if your not familar with him) So the place was 99% in favor of danielson right. So i was sitting a people over from a african american who was cheering for Kenny King. I mean really cheering for him. Funny stuff. Made the crowd laugh.

Q2.Who in the hell is Brie Bella?

Some broad from develop. I guess she's got a twin sister or something. I only seen her for a few seconds.

Q3.What are your thoughts on Youth MMA with mainly adults perceive it as an huge issue in sports?

Well, i feel it should be up to the parents disgression. If the parents are brain dead so be it. Clearly, you wouldnt want a young child in the ring getting knocked in the head. I think 16 would be a proper age to start training. I wouldn't suggest anyone going into real full contact until 18.

Q4.Do you think AJ Styles is STILL being used poorly in TNA?

Sure, it wouldnt say poorly, but he could be getting used a lot better. Does beating frank trigg make him a #1 contender??? I mean, whats TNA thinking? AJ was on a roll after beating Kurt. I'd assume AJ is going to still go after kurt some more, they have unfinished business. Which is fine with me. AJ should be fuedign with the big dogs. The frank trigg thing just came in at a really bad time.

Q5.What are you and the other staff members doing for Wrestling Station when his rep power gets to 100?

idk, Nothing

Q6.What are your thoughts of the potential Shelton/R-Truth fued?

Its not too bad. IM not really a fan of Shelton as champ, and im not sure Ron Killings has done anything to be considered a #1 contender. It took matt hardy over a year to win the us strap. Killings just walks in and is in the title picture? I think a MVP/Killings fued would be better, but the same time, i dont want to see MVP or Kilings job out.

Q7.When do you think will be the right time for Taylor Wilde to drop the KOs title to Roxxi?

Never, whats so special about Roxxi? In fact Taylor Wilde never should have won the belt in the first place. Awesome Kong should have held the belt for a while, THEN ODB pulls off a amazing upset.

Beer Money Army

don't you think it's dissappointting to see James Storm still in the same spot as he was in TNA when he was first started there????

(his 2nd or 3rd show he became Tag team Champ but now 6 years later he is still a tag team champ).. You would of think this guy would be a main eventer for them or world champion...

would you like to see another HBK vs Taker Feud in the future???

I know i would, i have always marked there in 1997 in which There HIAC at bad blood 97 is my favourite HIAC Match of all time... If they do a feud in the fture i am sold straight away, I felt they could do some bulid to it as Undertaker has never ever pinned HBK or even remotely having a victory against HBK.. it would be a big WM 25 Match... HBK Vs undertaker... Taker WM Streak Vs The Man that Undertaker has never defeated, To me that's a big money making match...

I really hope these 2 have atleast one more match in the feud, it would been a dream of one of mine to see these 2 wrestle again :p....

at WM 10 Do you think a Luger Vs Hart vs Yokozuna would of been a better fit than having yokozuna wrestle 2 matches?? (i didnt mind bret hart wrestling 2 times, You could have bret hart wrestle for 3 hours on PPV and i wouldnt get tired of him)...

ATM who do you think will be in MITB at wm25???

(my thoughts: JBL, Kane, Rey mysterio, Evan Bourne, MVP, Jeff hardy, John Morrison, The Miz.. (thats if it's 8 at 25).. I feel jeff hardy will get the win if this is the 8...he miss out last year due to drugs, But HHH was originally book to win 96 KOTR but that got Pushed back to 97.. so the same might happen here...

Montana

don't you think it's dissappointting to see James Storm still in the same spot as he was in TNA when he was first started there????

No, James Storm should be thankful he has that tag belt. Realistically the tag belts are worth more than the X division belt at the moment. Storm did a good fued against Harris, and a decend one against RHyno. TNA just couldn't take his character that far. Plus the company has grown alot over the years. TNA has added a handful of veterns, which makes it difficult for the younger guys. All in all, i think Storm is fine at the moment. Some people just arent cut out as main event level.

would you like to see another HBK vs Taker Feud in the future???

Idk about fued, but a match for sure. Sounds like the fans want to see Taker vs HBK at WM. YOu know Mr wrestlemania vs Mr. Wrestlemania. Im not sure if i would book it at mania though. I'd look at my options. I wouldn't want my top 2 faces and top 2 veterns in the same match. But then again, the demand is there. So we will see.

at WM 10 Do you think a Luger Vs Hart vs Yokozuna would of been a better fit than having yokozuna wrestle 2 matches??

It was supposed to be Bret Hart vs Lex Luger. I forget the exact reasoning, but Luger was taken out due to his poor in ring performace and had rumors of drugs and such. I didn't mind Hart vs Yoko though. Yokozuna was clearly one of the dominant champs in wwe history AND he beat Bret Hart the year before, so basically Hart got his revenge. I wouldn't have minded see Luger/Hart, but i feel Hart/Yoko made more sense from a storyline perspective.

ATM who do you think will be in MITB at wm25???

This is tough. I'll go with the safe picks, although who know if there will be a MITB this year.

- Shelton
- Evan
- Rey
- Morrision
- Koffi
- MVP
- Ted Dibiase
- Cody RHodes

Not much in the way of main event guys, but mid carders working there way up.

Beer Money Army

Royal Rumble is about 3 Months away, Who in your right mind has high odds to Win it???

(At the Moment, If there was anyone. I would have to go with Randy orton. The man has been on a Raw Rant on how the show sucks since he isnt actived, This would be the perfect time and place to prove you are the best by defeating 29 other top wwe wrestlers....).. But 3 months is a still alot of time Cena/Edge still has to return. That could change things up..

Montana

Royal Rumble is about 3 Months away, Who in your right mind has high odds to Win it???

Hmm, this is tough. It makes sense to me someone like Punk, Orton, HBK to win, but i dont think the wwe is going to do that. Sooo, im going with John Cena. My pick would be Punk, but i see Orton as a strong candidate too. Especially if Orton goes face. I hope HHH, Taker, Batista, Edge does not win. Also my darkhorse would be Edge, as he's never won a Royal Rumble, and i believe he's done just about everything else in his career.

Beer Money Army

Do you think R-truth is one dimension with his charmisa???

(I'll explain... The past couple weeks he has just been saying "what's Up?" and Rapping directed towards shelton.. but this can't just riding like this..

I think r-truth is a entertaining guy, someone that WWE would like to bulid on, But i think he should try to write up a few newer songs.. As that gets the crowd more on you if you create some other hits...)

I hope his character develop thoughout smackdown for the best rather saying "what's up" for 2-4 years....

------------------------------------------------------

at the moment, I see WWE was a overflooded load of Heels except ECW, ECW has been some sort of a Face buliding company(with Punk, Kofi, Bourne, Ortiz), while Raw/Smackdown has alot of heels and very low faces....so my question is...

This day and age of wrestling at the moment, Is it very hard to portray youth faces?? Yes/no why?

Montana

Do you think R-truth is one dimension with his charmisa???

Some people may not want to hear this....

But he could be one dimensional because he's black. Bottomline is that there is only so many sterotypical black characters. The problem now is that there are so many africans in the wwe. (Cryme Tyme, Mark Henry, MVP, Shelton, R-Truth, Elijah Burke, D-Lo, Koffi Kingston, Big Zeke)

I just think Killings suffers from a going to a stacked SD roster already. There really isnt anything about Killings that makes him better than MVP in my book. But he's got enough charisma to get by.

This day and age of wrestling at the moment, Is it very hard to portray youth faces?? Yes/no why?

Not at all. I think the problem is with the wwe not pushing the right guys at the right moment. The WWE only pushes who they like. They make is so hard just to get on the wwe brand, that in itself is a achieve. ROH has no problem creating faces.

The perfect example of this is colt cabana. Cabana was a super face and everyone who seen him, loved him. Goes to SD and gets jobbed out. Nobody wants to cheer for a jobber. Especially one that doesnt even put up a fight, and is only on once a month. Another problem the wwe has is shoving someone thats not over down our throats (bobby lashley, great khali)

So bottomline, its the WWE's fault there is no faces. But it is easier for someone to get over as a heel.

Beer Money Army

oh it's so easy to work like a heel, i think that why alot of wrestlers like being a heel...

Do You Think Sting Sa Samoa Joe is a MoneyMaker?

If not, what do you think would be the money maker match???

Jarrett/angle at BFG4, Who in your right mind is right to go over in this Match?

(personally I think Jarrett, Usually i don't go with the ones that have been hiatus for awhile, But he has this 2 years of pain to dish out.. You have to portray his 2 years of punishment into something good.. But i can't wait for this match, I just hope it isn't overbooked with run-ins and the Match could succeed very well...)

do you think Kevin throne will be sack from WWE within the next 3 months?

Are you surprised in how D'Lo being used on Raw???
(i wasn't surprised, they didn't give him a big thing of a return and i was :smh... a Numerous time I-c Champ and euro champ and can get cheered from the crowd, i felt he could be a potential guy for santino to feud with, if they are aiming to take santino to new heights...)

What if you run a wrestling company... You needed to hire 10 IWF Members... Who would you hire to help start up your company???

Montana

Do You Think Sting Sa Samoa Joe is a MoneyMaker?

If not, what do you think would be the money maker match???

No i dont this it is a money maker match, at the moment. I think its been built up at all. Sting just puts up and he's in the biggest match of the year. About 9 months ago, i did say i thought it would be Joe vs Sting. So im certainly not against the match, and it makes sense with the history of BFG. But my problem, is the lack of build for Sting. There is no way in hell i see Sting winning, and if he does its complete BS.

Heres what I would do. (Taking a page from wwe/roh)

Since you don't have one big blockbuster matchup, cause you blew them all. I'd go WM 10 style. A small 4 man tournament.

First Match: Samoe Joe vs Booker (No DQ Match)

Second Match AJ Styles vs Kurt ANgle (I Quit Match)

To build these matches, i'd start with Booker T still holding onto Joe's belt. I'd have Joe win. Then in AJ vs Kurt i'd have Kurt Angle win twice by cheating in ppv's BEFORE BFG. Thus at BFG AJ Styles gets his final redemption. Then in the main event, have AJ and Joe tear the house down. Wrestle to a 30 minute draw. Fans chant 5 more minutes.... AJ wins the belt. Samoe Joe loses his cool...PPV Ends, everyone is happy.

Jarrett/angle at BFG4, Who in your right mind is right to go over in this Match?

I see no reason why Kurt Angle should lose. It makes sense to me to have Kurt Angle win by cheating, then Jarrett comes out the next night saying, everyone seen at he cheated. Blah blah blah, Jarrett wins the rematch, everyone looks good.

do you think Kevin throne will be sack from WWE within the next 3 months?

I assume you mean Back to the wwe, and not sacked as in fired. I believe he got fired. I can't see him coming back with all the other new talent they brought in.

Are you surprised in how D'Lo being used on Raw???

Nope, he's in the vetern role. He's still young, but i see him getting a major push. They brought him back for short term buzz. Recognizable face from the attitude era, thats all.

I wouldn't mind a push, i just don't think its needed. Focus on the younger guys. I'd like to see him perhaps in a tag with a younger wrestler. No one really comes to mind at the minute, but they could throw him with Cryme Tyme. (Even though they really don't need him)

What if you run a wrestling company... You needed to hire 10 IWF Members... Who would you hire to help start up your company???

Well, i did i wouldn't probably only need a guy or two. I actually think i have all the right skills (or the most esential skills) to running a organation. The more you throw in, the more drama ensues. Main focal points

- Wrestling product and content (storylines/pushes)

- Financial / Marketing strategies

- Good communation and relationship with the wrestlers.

So to me that's key. Im a marketing major, and i know a lot about finance, so i think I'd be perfect as a owner. Dont mean to brag.... but yeah, ANYWAYS, if i had to pick ten...

Top 5

Jmay - Mi Familia. Me and him are on the same sheet of music when it comes to wrestling. Very hard working. All around good guy

Kaedon - As much as we debate and don't see eye to eye, he would play a very important role within my company. He see's wrestling as a business and a form of entertainment. I would call him #2. I would use him in terms of marketing in different directions. Pretty much all around help with the organization

Dipset/Soulpower - Scouting and Road Agents. Looking at the current talent, seeing how they can get better. Searching for new talent that fits the bill. How to get the most out of the wrestlers.

Y2Jasmine - storylines. I like her storylines and she can give a female perspective on things.

Im trying not to pick all efed people here....so hmmm... I'll generate the next 5 soon.

Nancy Di Loreto

Reaction score
I think you'll give you a break from Dipset Army here Montana, I've posted in this thread since about page 20, but anyway...

Should ROH have turned AOTF face when they had the chance a month back, or just kept them super-heel?

And...

Some men on the independent circuit seem to have great mic-skills, but a lack of charisma (ie. Jimmy Jacobs). Could these kind of men still make it in the WWE due to promos, and not due to in-ring talent? Someone like John Morrison has gotten over based on his mic-skills, and not his charisma, which he has a lack of, but has hit a brick wall?

Montana

Should ROH have turned AOTF face when they had the chance a month back, or just kept them super-heel?

What exact time was this? When Aries stole Jacobs girl and he was practicallly crying in the ring? If that was the time I'd say no. AOTF still has a lot more to offer. Plus we had Necro turn face, and i think eventually Tyler Black will do the same. All in due time. I also like how ROH doesn't rush their storylines, like some other companies, who have to worry about ratings.

And...

Some men on the independent circuit seem to have great mic-skills, but a lack of charisma (ie. Jimmy Jacobs). Could these kind of men still make it in the WWE due to promos, and not due to in-ring talent? Someone like John Morrison has gotten over based on his mic-skills, and not his charisma, which he has a lack of, but has hit a brick wall?

This Question got me thinking. Does Jimmie Jacobs have no charimsa??? Hmmm. I do think his backstage promos rank up there with the great, however his in-ring promos, generally aren't that good. Or not on the same level. But what is charisma. Webster best defines charisma as "a spiritual power or personal quality that gives an individual influence or authority over large numbers of people" (actually that wasn't webster) But i was looking on dictionary.com and all the definitions were similar, but somewhat different. Bottomline charisma is personal quality and makes others try follow him. Not so much, dancing to the ring like Brian Kendrick. In terms of gainer followers AOTF is kinda popular amoungst ROH fans. You love jimmie or hate him. I think Jacobs has a different type of charisma, but he has it.

Another point you brought up, was Morrision got over due to mic skills. I'd probably have to disagree there. He was just as much as a heel, while Johnny Nitro. Maybe i don't pay as much attention to morrision, i don't see a dramatic change in crowd response. I think MOrrision or Nitro has gotten over because #1 he has the "look" , the guy lools like a celebrity or someone famous. #2 the guy can wrestle a pretty match. I do think he does lack on charisma, but he is kinda funny. I think if we seen his as a face, more charisma would leak out.

Back to the orginal question at hand after all that rambling. Could someone like Jimmie Jacobs make it in the wwe only off promos, and not to in-ring quality.

I really think every case is going to be different for each wrestler. In the WWE if a wrestler has size, the look and no in ring talent, they will take him. Because they can teach mic skills. Someone like Jimmie Jacobs, i don't think would be very useful to the wwe. I say this because look at his in ring promos compared to his backstage promos. Not to say he's bad in the ring, he's just a lot better backstage. As im watchin a quick promo i have on my comp. It could be due to ROH's audio equipment as well, with such a loud rowdy crowd. None the less, bottomline is the wwe is looking for guys they can mold. They don't want to take guys who bust their ass in indys for years. (BJ Whitmer) They want potential. They want youth. They aren't looking for mic skills so much. But the exception to the rule, is wrestlers becoming managers. Look at armando estrada. He pretty much got in due to mic skills. And i really think they dropped the ball in him as GM, that had storylines written all over it. Another guy i can see coming in right off the bat is Larry Sweeney. Many people have compared him to bobby the brain hennan already.

Nancy Di Loreto

Reaction score

What exact time was this? When Aries stole Jacobs girl and he was practicallly crying in the ring? If that was the time I'd say no. AOTF still has a lot more to offer. Plus we had Necro turn face, and i think eventually Tyler Black will do the same. All in due time. I also like how ROH doesn't rush their storylines, like some other companies, who have to worry about ratings.

Maybe another month back then. My bad, :tomato:
But seriously, Tyler Black has it coming, should they give it a go with Jacobs?

And...

This Question got me thinking. Does Jimmie Jacobs have no charimsa??? Hmmm. I do think his backstage promos rank up there with the great, however his in-ring promos, generally aren't that good. Or not on the same level. But what is charisma. Webster best defines charisma as "a spiritual power or personal quality that gives an individual influence or authority over large numbers of people" (actually that wasn't webster) But i was looking on dictionary.com and all the definitions were similar, but somewhat different. Bottomline charisma is personal quality and makes others try follow him. Not so much, dancing to the ring like Brian Kendrick. In terms of gainer followers AOTF is kinda popular amoungst ROH fans. You love jimmie or hate him. I think Jacobs has a different type of charisma, but he has it.

Another point you brought up, was Morrision got over due to mic skills. I'd probably have to disagree there. He was just as much as a heel, while Johnny Nitro. Maybe i don't pay as much attention to morrision, i don't see a dramatic change in crowd response. I think MOrrision or Nitro has gotten over because #1 he has the "look" , the guy lools like a celebrity or someone famous. #2 the guy can wrestle a pretty match. I do think he does lack on charisma, but he is kinda funny. I think if we seen his as a face, more charisma would leak out.

Back to the orginal question at hand after all that rambling. Could someone like Jimmie Jacobs make it in the wwe only off promos, and not to in-ring quality.

I really think every case is going to be different for each wrestler. In the WWE if a wrestler has size, the look and no in ring talent, they will take him. Because they can teach mic skills. Someone like Jimmie Jacobs, i don't think would be very useful to the wwe. I say this because look at his in ring promos compared to his backstage promos. Not to say he's bad in the ring, he's just a lot better backstage. As im watchin a quick promo i have on my comp. It could be due to ROH's audio equipment as well, with such a loud rowdy crowd. None the less, bottomline is the wwe is looking for guys they can mold. They don't want to take guys who bust their ass in indys for years. (BJ Whitmer) They want potential. They want youth. They aren't looking for mic skills so much. But the exception to the rule, is wrestlers becoming managers. Look at armando estrada. He pretty much got in due to mic skills. And i really think they dropped the ball in him as GM, that had storylines written all over it. Another guy i can see coming in right off the bat is Larry Sweeney. Many people have compared him to bobby the brain hennan already.

Jimmy Jacobs is the wrong example. He can get heat quite easily, so there's another one. My bad, again :clap_1:
How about Jimmy Rave? Here's a man lacking charisma, and mic skills, yet has a look and inspired near crowd riots, and every night was tp'ed to death in the ROH ring.

And on Morrison, have you seen this guy live? Half the crowd are cheering as loud as the other half are booing. As Nitro he played a more serious role, kinda like HBK did back in the day. And there is a face turn coming. I remember a tag match on SmackDown, he just stood there and belittled Yang and Moore. Even broke out a great line at Moore, "Nice hair. That's why you're a virgin!". Now that's entertainment, it wasn't on the stick, just out of the blue. You can't teach that. Back to Rave and Jacobs.

I've seen some Jacobs' backstage stuff. Great, but he's still in the same emo character. Where can he go from here? He'd done it for almost his entire career. I'm not saying it's time for a change, just something different to showcase this "talent" is in order.

There's some more food for thought Montana

Beer Money Army

According to a new report by The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Sting has verbally agreed to work through the end of 2009 for TNA Wrestling. It remains to be seen if a contract has been signed at this time, although they appear to be heading in the direction with future storylines as if he has.

There is hope internally within TNA of working a program between Sting and Ric Flair a year from now when Flair's non-compete expires. The earliest this could be done would be next August in 2009. What Flair's status would be with WWE at that point is up in the air as many feel if he had the choice now to legally go to TNA he wouldn't do it. Of course, some have noticed within WWE that while the public line was that Flair and WWE separated on good terms, his decision to leave didn't go over well in some people's eyes.

from these comments....

What do you make of a Flair vs STING 2009?????

(personally i enjoyed these 2 battle in the late 90's/early-mid 90's... But i dont see them 2 having a better match than there 45 MIn match(Clash of the champions1)... but i'll watch it.. These 2 have had some many battles just like HBK Vs Hart)...

If it's saved till august 2009, then i guess it's going be focus as one of TNA money making matches for BFG:V