"The Punisher" Kevin Calvaco

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

Its good to be back, awesome week, but its nice to be home.

What do you think of this concept Match????

I like it, however i wouldn't want to see the match on a frequent basis. It is a good idea for a new match, in fact a little surprised its never been done. Basically its a royal rumble with less wrestlers, and pinfalls rather than over the top. I think it would work best with TNA, as they have a larger main event/upper card roster, to where they can pull off a hell of a match. I would think every 3 minutes would be fair. If wwe did it, it would almost have to be interpromotional for star power.

ATM i'm watching 5th YF: Philly....

As a whole, the FYF is a little over rated imo. You certainly have about 1-2 big matches per show, however you could make a arguement at FYF Finale, its the only MUST own show. I really enjoyed Nigel vs Joe, although that was when i first started watchin ROH. Just see'in the top ROH guy vs The Top TNA guy was big.

Does Bj Whitmer turns heel in ROH 2007??? (i dont mind his wrestling, but from 06-07 he has been a extremely stale face, despite that big feud with jacobs)

You'll see, it goes into a storyline, but it doesnt work out so well.

Who should be pushed further, R-Truth or MVP?

MVP, i like both these guys, however MVP has earned his spot. He seems to be a bit more of a natural than Ron Killings (i hate R-Truth) In the ring, i do perfer killings, but in WWE, its all about crowd reaction and whatnot. I think Killings have even fizzle in the long run.

Shelton Benjamin or The Brian Kendrick?

I like THE brian Kendrick. I don't think shelton has grasp the concept of getting over with the crowd. I don't think he deserved the US belt. Shelton is putting on some good matches, but it takes a bit more than that. Plus Kendrick has that strut.

Q. Whilst there are some pretty decent matches from week to week, do you agree that SD is in dis-array atm? If so, how would you book their way out of this mess (without asuming the easy option of relying on the return of Edge, of course. ;o] )?

Good Question, and be honest, i havent paid TOO much attention to SD. Honestly, the fact Vickie is still GM, is turning me off from watching the show (im watch now atm though) I could CARE LESS about Vickie, and the Undertaker vs Big Show fued. Thats garbage. Another thing peev'ing me about SD, is the fact Colt Cabana is being used as a jobber.

So first i'd put a new GM in there (JBL, Mick Foley, Shane, Piper, anyone)

Next, I'd give HHH some good fueds, and storylines. A big face champ needs a big heel challenger. Since, there is no big heels at the moment, worthy, I'd give MVP his shot. HHH vs MVP, and basically MVP say All the champs have been ducking him, and he wants his shot. MVP wins in a non-title match, thus heats up the fued. Other Fueds Undertaker vs. Umaga, Kennedy vs Big Show, Jeff Hardy vs The Brian Kendrick. I'd put the belts back on Miz and Morrison and have them fued with a Carlito and Primo.

(After those fueds, i'd probably go HHH vs. Taker, Kennedy vs MVP, Jeff Hardy vs Edge )

Looking at the SD roster, the problem is you have (Show, Khali, and Umaga) as monster heels. Probably with that, it only leaves 1-2 real heels (Edge, MVP)

They got the talent, it just needs to be meshed together a little better. (Monster heels hurt too) They also have to do a better job building up there champs.

I think orton is going get his title match at Series, but im thinking of a y2J/HBK/Orton, in which can take the belt off them and orton could continue his age of orton until mania...

(i don't see y2J reign as world champion as a long term plan.. Maybe 3-4 Months at best he will get)))

Yeah, I would think they would perfer to have Orton bring the belt into mania, however Jericho could impress them as champ. I think he's done a top notch job thus far. Whats the biggest matchup the raw brand can put on at the moment? Cena vs Batista? Cena vs Orton? Orton vs Punk? I would have to think mania would look something like that. I don't see holding the belt all the way to mania. I think Cena vs Orton in a stipulation match at mania, would be the best bet. (how i would book it, at the moment)

What do you think of Raw as of late?

Well Well Well, Mr. Mat, long time no see. Good to hear from you

Raw has been.....alright as of late. I've enjoyed Orton being a dick to everyone. Jerichio vs HBK in a ladder match should be awesome. CM Punk is getting pushed right. Im not too fond of Batista/JBL. and Kane vs. Mysterio has been kinda lame. Marella is always entertaining. I do like simply priceless. Adamle has done a decent job, i do think they could crank up his character a bit and make him more of a dick. Overall i think its been average. The booking of fueds has been good, however the storylines have been a little recycled.

How long do you think the HBK/Y2J feud will continue for? (I think No contest Batista/JBL, fans vote at CS between Tista, Bradshaw and HBK, then LMS/I Quit/Ironman at SS to finish it)

I actually think it could at No mercy. I would think Batista is about in line for a shot after HBK. However i would like to see the fued continue, just more as enimies. Not as ppv main event. I like your idea as well. It works for me. I think Jericho/HBK would be hard pressed to top a ladder match though.

Was the move to push Koslov to the ME a good one? Too soon, or just not needed?

Both, who has he really beaten? Is he over? I'm fine with hyping up this match, but don't have it main event a ppv. Koslov is basically getting the Umaga push. Getting pushed to the moon, then jobbed out then after.

I'm kinda right in the middle of it being a good move/ bad move. I think its good, as long as its not a ppv match. I don't really have a problem with it, but why koslov, over someone like MVP? Thats my only convcern.

Do you think the NM card is so stacked because of BFG?

You bet. Im almost certain HBK vs Jerich in a ladder match is more hyped, and has a bigger blockbuster feel than ANY BFG match. I think if most wrestling fans had to pick one match it would be HBK/Jericho. To top that off, HHH vs Hardy should be a great match too.

I think Bound for Glory has been booked POORLY thus far. (Compared to years past) I was really impressed at the past 2 years BFG, and TNA seemed to really pull everything together with this show, this year its seems slung together.

Where's Rell?

In a thread? Idk??

How would you rebuild the Smackdown mid card?

I dont think its that bad at the moment. They got have a ton of mid card talent, so it should be no problem. MVP, Hardy, Umaga, Kennedy, Kendrick, Shelton, have these guys fued and things should be fine. Im not sold on Shelton as Champ, so i'd probably put the belt MVP, if he's not going to get a main event push.

Was giving the tag titles to the Colons a good idea?

Ehh, the wwe is known for giving ppl the belts, that haven't earned it. Or haven't been built up properly i should say. I actually think they are better champs than the Edgeheads though, so as sad as it is, its a upgrade in my book. So im cool with it.

Mr. Mat

Thank's for the welcome back anyway

What's your opinion on The Brian kendrick push?

Moonlight Drive

Favourite superstar to come from the ECW Talent Initative?

Are you a John Morrison fan?

Do you think that there is an overload of monsters on Smackdown, now we have Umaga, Koslov, Khali, Show etc.?

Do you think if I applied for E-Fed staff I'd get in?

seX-Power

Do Ezekiel and Bam Neely have futures in the WWE?

Who should be the next champ to lose their belt?

Who should be the last?

Beer Money Army

with my Concept Match which 10 people would you used from both company (TNA/WWE)? (just say they were both using them for Cyber Sunday/No Surrender)

(remember no world champions would be not used)
So I think there World Championship Matches for the PPV

Y2J Vs JBL Vs HBK (world Championship)
HHH Vs Vladimir Kozlov (WWE Championship)
Matt Hardy Vs Mark henry (ECW Championship)

Plus the Other cards to make sure the 10 man could fit right into the PPV, I think 2 or 3 Matches would make it onto the card...

Colons Vs Miz/Morrison Vs jesse/Festus vs Edge wannabes (WWE Tag team Championship)
Beth Phoenix vs Candice Michelle (Womens Championship)
Shelton benjamin Vs R-Truth (U.S. Championship)

IMO ATM

WWE (10)

1 - Batista (Raw)
2 - CM Punk (raw)
3 - Kane (raw)
4 - Rey Mysterio (raw)
5 - Evan Bourne (ECW)
6 - TBK (SD)
7 - Big show (sd)
8 - Jeff hardy (SD)
9 - Undertaker (SD)
10 - MVP (SD)

I didn't Pick finlay, but If i was going change anyone pby be MVp... i felt he hasn't bene performing so well this year...

TNA (title match pby joe vs sting 2)
1 abyss
2 aj styles
3 booker T
4 Christian Cage
5 James Storm (one of tna best on the MIC....)
6 kurt Angle
7 Robert Roode
8 Rhino
9 herdendaz
10 Homicide

did you notice scotty goldman has a wwe roster page now????

I hope this means he will be there for a while

Moonlight Drive

I personally hate Batista, but I think he would be doing much better as a heel? Do you agree?

Do you think the WWE should bring back the KOTR how it used to be (ie. qualifiers, an special PPV, etc.)

MITB vs KOTR-Which is better to push young stars?

Montana

What's your opinion on The Brian kendrick push?

I think its fair, im quite surprised they are pushing him in the first place, but he is doing a fine job. As others have probably said, he does remind me of a young hbk. Im just waiting for a major fued. I would have thought Kendrick/Hardy would team up as faces, until Kendrick turned heel. Now i think Kendrick/Hardy over the US title would be great. Neither guy great on the mic, but both are great in the ring. They should be able to have a storyline unfold within the ring. I also think MVP/Kendrick/Big Zeke might be a interesting trio to watch. So really im looking forward as to where his push is headed. I dont think he's main event worthy yet, but solid in the US Division.

Do Ezekiel and Bam Neely have futures in the WWE?

Big Zeke, does in my opinion. I've yet to see him in the ring, but he does have the look the wwe likes. Bam Neely on the other hand....not so much. They really havent used him well thus far, so i can't see the fans reacting much to neely. So in the long run, i dont think his future is that bright.

Who should be the next champ to lose their belt?

SHELTON. Not sure why, but i dont like him as champ. Probably cause MVP isn't doign much at the moment. He really didnt deserve to win the belt in the first place. Then other stars (Umaga, Kennedy, Hardy, others) In line for the belt, are better than the champ.

Who should be the last?

HHH or Santino Marella. Not sure if the Santin - o - meter or whatever its called is a storyline for a long reign. Also HHH is likely holding till WM 25. So thats would i think should hold it the longest.

with my Concept Match which 10 people would you used from both company (TNA/WWE)? (just say they were both using them for Cyber Sunday/No Surrender)

Well, I'd think I'd actually book that match on a Monday Night Raw. Hype it up for a few weeks, with any wrestler in the world invited to the Adamle Original match. He selects the ten wrestlers, and the winner would recieve a title shot at Survivor Series. So the 2 weeks before that they have some top notch challengers Qualify for the match. So after No Mercy, lets assume Jericho retains the belt. Week 1) Batista, 2) CM Punk 3) Randy Orton

Week 2) HBK, Ted Dibaise, Koffi Kingston. Also do secret random drawing for first 3 entrants.

Week 3: The remains drawing for selected spots is entered. Adamle says he's talked with some top talent from ECW, and SD, and will be making special appearances tonight. So the order...

1) HBK

2) Ted Dibaise

3) Jack Swagger

4) CM Punk

5) Randy Orton

6) Koffi Kingston

7) MVP

8) Batista

9) Rey Mysterio

10) Edge

The Match starts with HBK being doubleteamed by Dibaise and Swagger (a guy who wants to make a name for himself) The CM Punk makes the save and HBK Superkicks swagger out. Punk and HBK begin to argue and Randy Orton comes out, but now HBK/Punk are back on teh same page again, as they need to be. Dibaise gets pinned, HBK goes through a table or something, and Punk and Orton are battlign. Koffi Kignston comes in, then MVP, Kingston/MVP Battle, then Batista comes in. MVP takes out Kingston, then Batista and MVP go at it. Rey Mysterio comes and HBK comes back into play. So We got Punk/Orton, Rey/HBK , Batista/MVP, Then the big surprise, Edge makes his big return. The ultimate opportunist. Rated RKO takes out Punk. Batista Pins MVP. HBK pins Mysterio. So its down to HBK vs. Batista vs. Edge vs. Orton. Orton takes out HBK and Batista is now up against Rated RKO. Jericho comes out as Batista is getting beat down. Long story short, RKO gets in a spatter, and wins batista, thus setting up Batista vs Jericho.

Hopefully promoting something like this would bring in some viewers.

TNA, could work better on PPV.

Joe vs Sting

In a random order.

1) AJ, LAX, MCMG, Angle, Cage, AByss,Lethal, Booker.

did you notice scotty goldman has a wwe roster page now????

Yeah, but he's still a jobber though.

I personally hate Batista, but I think he would be doing much better as a heel? Do you agree?

I hate Bastita too. I do think he would be a better heel, although John Cena just got took out, so they felt the need to keep Batista a face longer. One of those guys (cena/batista) has to turn soon.

Do you think the WWE should bring back the KOTR how it used to be (ie. qualifiers, an special PPV, etc.)

I liked it as a ppV. The original King of the Ring. 8 men, you have to win 3 matches in one night to win. Throw in a couple other matches and your good. If you want to see how to properly book a tournament see Ring of Honor, Up for grabs. That was a good example of a tag tournament. The reason the wwe failed at it, cause they didnt know how to book it, the winners they selected were LAME, then it got to be more about the title match, then the tournament. I say do it just like 93.

MITB vs KOTR-Which is better to push young stars?

I think it depends where a "superstar" is at in there career. I think MITB is better for UPPER mid card guys like MVP, Jeff Hardy, Kennedy, guys like that. Guys that are ready to win a championship.

I feel King of the Ring is better for guys like Koffi Kingston, Evan Boune, Ted Dibase, Kendrick, Shelton, Cody Rhodes, Santino Marella, Jack Swagger and others. Guys that could use another year of bulding and going onto greater sucess.

I would use both, however i woudlnt have a MITB at Mania this year. Perhaps hold off the summerslam, and just do a Ladder match + #1 contender match at Mania this year.

Beer Money Army

who do you think has Been 2008 WWE Best Performer? (I think y2J has been very solid this year.)

Worst Main Eventer? (IMO either batista or JBL, These 2 havent impressed me at all this year.)

Best Rookie? (Evan Bourne)

do you think Evan Bourne could be the future guy to Knock the belt off Santino?
(I heard a rumour he might be moved to raw, So if that happen i personally think he could be the one.)

Moonlight Drive

Do you think that there is an overload of monsters on Smackdown, now we have Umaga, Koslov, Khali, Show etc.?

You forgot these ones

Montana

who do you think has Been 2008 WWE Best Performer?

I gotta go with HBK. I think start to finish HBK has had a GREAT 2008. Look at his PPV matches:

RR : IN the RR match itself

NWO: Elimination Chamber

WM: HBK vs Flair

Backlash: HBK vs Batista

Judgement Day : HBK vs Jericho

ONS : HBK vs Batista (stretcher match)

GAB: HBK vs. Jericho

SS: Promo

Unforgiven HBK Vs. Jericho (non-sancationed)

No Mercy HBK vs. Jericho (Ladder Match)

Every PPV match he's been in has been near 4 stars. Not all four stars, but close for the most part. This good be HBK best year yet. Thats just his in ring work. His Promos have been legendary. Yeah, im a HBK fan, but i dont think anyone can touch him at the moment, with the booking and storylines behind him like this.

Worst Main Eventer?

Khali, Big show, Batista, Kane, JBL, i could probably go on. I guess it is, what it is. I just think they werent built up correctly.

Best Rookie?

Im going to go against the grain on this one so to speak. Sure the popular pick right here is Evan Boune, and im a HUGE fan myself. However, Mr. Dibiase has been forgetten when considering top rookies. The guy is good, and seems to be over looked quite a bit. I think he's got a great future, and has almost installed some value in the tag belts. Not many can say that. My pick is Ted Dibiase, as i tihnk Borne will be sort of a "flavor of the month"

do you think Evan Bourne could be the future guy to Knock the belt off Santino?

Book it. I think these two could actually have a hell of a match too. Santino generally doesnt showcase his in ring skill, however santino going up against a small Borne, he might expend his arensial. The only probably i have with this, is that Raw sucking up a top talent of ECW.

Probably Evan Bourne, however, i do like Atlas Dabone (not so high on Ricky Ortiz) Jack Swagger is going to be good too imo. I pretty high on all three of these guys. Gavin Spears is the only guys i really dislike. He should not have been called up.

Ehh, no i wouldn't say im a fan. I think he's doing well for himself. I like him, but i wouldn't say im a fan. Good in the ring, and on the mic, however he's not really making much of a impact. So really its more on the booking side, and to get him more into storylines, fueds, and segments.

I also liked Johhny Nitro, i have a long rant about this a couple times in this thread. Long story short, Nitro should have turned face on Raw, perhaps joining Dx.

Yeah, i kinda touched on that in previous post. Basically yes there is a overload of monster heels on a SD, and not enough regular good ole fashion heels. You really only need 1 monster heel per show. On SD with 3-4 its actually affecting the booking imo.

Hard to say. I let CMS add/drop writers as he feels we need to. At this second, i wouldnt really say we have a "need" for more writers, but if your intersted let CMS know, and generally we will look at your, give you a sample match or two to see what ya got. Its kind of a long process.

Beer Money Army

i just purchase a order from roh...

have you seen any matches from the following... (don't post results)

Slammiversary 2008
Survival of The fittest 07
Undeniable 07
Motor city madness 2007
Manhattan mayhem 2
Caged Rage 07
Deat Before Gishonor V night 2
Race to the top tournament Night 1/2
Live in Osaka 07

Montana

have you seen any matches from the following... (don't post results)

Ill give you a quick review and rating. I'll just say what matches i thought were good and stuff.

Rating Scale:

10 - Awesome Classic Show
9.5 Great Great show, missing a little something
9 - Very Good show
8.5 - Pretty Damn Good
8 - Good Show (worth watching again/wouldn;t be mad if i spent 15$ on the dvd)
7.5 - Has its ups and downs, overall good show
7.0 - Solid Show
6.5 - ok show, needs work though
6.0 - Not that good.
5.0 - Bad show

Slammiversary 2008 6.5

Probably one of the best cards TNA has put on this year however the show didn't live up the hype. The last two matches were very good, but the rest of the show was ehhh.

Survival of The fittest 07 6.5

Entertaining event, however the camera work was bad. I never really complain about the camera work for ROH, but this show was the worst i've seen. The wrestling wasn't up to ROH's standard either.

Undeniable 07 9.0

I want to pick this one up myself, however i still got a few Dvds to watch. Probably one of the worst PPV offering, yet still some really good stuff on this. Stong vs Aries was great. The tag title match was really good. Hero/Danielson was solid. Nigel vs Morishima was good, but not as good as their other matchups. I think thats why i didnt rate this ppv as high as others. This main event didnt compare to other main events, yet the undercard was probably one of the best.
Motor city madness 2007

Manhattan mayhem 2 9.5

Some say better than the first. If people had 10$ this would be one i'd suggest. Fun entertaining good wrestling all the way around. One of the supercards of 2007. Contains probably the three biggest fueds of 07 all going one on one on this show (Danielson/Morishima, Hero/Claudio, Steenerico vs Briscoes) Must buy.

Caged Rage 07 8.5

This is another one i'd like to pick up. Everything was good on this show as well. Everything flowed nicely. Each match seemed to get a little better than the last.

Deat Before Dishonor V night 2 9.5

I just got this one and it was a steal. This features more hardcore wrestling than a normal ROH show, probably why i like it more. It also contains a good spotfest with jack evans vs Deranged, and great wrestling in Danielson vs Quackenbush.

Race to the top tournament Night 1/2 N/A

Havent seen the show itself, but i didnt see the last two matches. Both very good. So im thinking i'd probably rate this around 7.5-8.0

Live in Osaka 07 N/A

Not sure if i've seen any of these matches.

KenFan4life

Reaction score
do you think Batista, JBL, Kane are underrated on the net?

since its basically a bunch of brain washed geeks on the net that go by whatever some website's nerd brunch tells them is a good worker or main eventer...ya-know...

idk...

anyways..

any chance of moving my like...ban'nation to the General discussion area instead of hell in a thread area?

Do You Think Wrestlemania 25 will be able to Top Wrestlemania X-Seven?

Moonlight Drive

I've been looking to try and get into some RoH stuff, can you recommend any shows/matches to DL? Recent preferably

Montana

any chance of moving my like...ban'nation to the General discussion area instead of hell in a thread area?

That would require me to do...umm...work. So no.

Do You Think Wrestlemania 25 will be able to Top Wrestlemania X-Seven?

No way. Well, never say never, but they would have to book a perfect card. But right now the interest for wrestling just isn't there. The fans don't seem to have much emotion or feelings for Cena/Batista/Jericho and HHH is getting stale. HBK will likely be in a awesome match, but other than that, my hope lies iwth Orton and Punk. I think top 5 is about as good as the wwe could do with there current roster.

I've been looking to try and get into some RoH stuff, can you recommend any shows/matches to DL? Recent preferably

Yeah, I perfer watching the whole show. Especially if your not familar with ROH. They do a very good job explaining the storylines, and you can pick up on the characters pretty quick. The ROH style is quite different from TNA/WWE so anything you watch you should notice the little things.

If you just want to watch one match.... I like these from 2008

Steenerico vs AOTF (in the media section)

This match is a lot better if you watch the whole dvd, but still a good match.

Nigel vs Tyler Black

Again, the match is better if you watch the whole show.

Briscoes vs Austin Aries/Kota Ibushi

Danielson vs Tyler Black

Steenierco vs. MCMG (any match from Death before Dishonor VI)

these are just some random matches that popped into my head. Pretty much anything involving Nigel, Danielson, Aries, Cluadio, Black, Jacobs, Strong, Steen, Generico.

Good shows this year. You really can't go wrong with any show. There is only one show i'd say this year of dont waste your time to watch. Battle for supremacy is probably the two worst show this year,(in media) BUT its actually not that bad of a show, just not on par with the other shows.

- NOrthern Navigation (in the media section)

Its has some bad ass matches, but not much to offer in the way of promos and storylines.

- New Horizons
Not my favorite show, but its a good example of what ROH would be like on TV. PPV's do a great job of introducing the characters/wrestlers too. Mostly the top fueds go to PPV.

- Take no prisoners / Respect is earned II
The other two PPV's this year. PPV's are probably your best route to go to introduce the product.

- Up for grabs
A tag team tournament, i think its good for new viewers

- Supercard of HOnor III, 6th Anniversary Show, Death Before Dishonor VI

All three of these are amoung the best shows this year. Also i rank all of this years shows in the ROH DVD discussion thread. Its a few up for the last post.

If you need any media, check the media thread, or ask SP. His sources have some good stuff.