"The Punisher" Kevin Calvaco

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

I've nearly finished watching the DVD's I have from FYF. I'm missing two, Liverpool part two, and I'm not sure about the other one. Great shows.

Who is your favourite tag team in ROH?

Jericho as WHC, good or bad?

How in the hell does Afa fit in with Orton's stable, ignoring the fact he's second gen? I mean, I've tried to keep an open mind on this, but he has the crazy Samoan look. There's no way he fits in with the likes of Orton, DiBiase and Rhodes.

Montana

Who is your favourite tag team in ROH?

I like Steenerico. Briscoes are pretty sweet, but they do a lot of double teaming. Richards/Romero, AOTF, SNS all good teams, however Steenerico matches tend to be a little more exciting.

Jericho as WHC, good or bad?

Good question. I think its one of those things you kinda have to sit back, watch and enjoy and not get too bend out of shape. (like when Cena/Batista won the tag straps) I think its good for Jericho, and he's certainly come into his own as a heel, AND he's earned it. I think he's a much better choice than say, Batista. But my problem with Jericho winning is more about the end result at Wrestlemania. Jericho has proven, he isn't a draw. So i don't really know how the wwe is going to bounce the world championship around before WM. It might not bounce, but i mean, there really isn't any blockbuster matches including Jericho. Unless they did a 8 man tournament. Which i think is the best solution. (Orton, Punk, Jericho, Batista, Cena, HBK, Hardy, MVP)

As far as how i feel about CM Punk losing the belt in such a weak fashion, im actually OK with it. I think this COULD be the start of a monster push for punk. It looks like the main storylines are going to revolve around punk and ORton's stable. Automatically this should get punk over. If not that, Punk can go at Adamle for not letting him defend his championship, and how he got screwed out of it. Lastly, how awesome would it be to see Colt Cabana (NOT scotty goldmen) Make the save for Punk on raw tonight. Never say never, Punk is going to need some backup.

All in all, shocking entertaining stuff here, But all in all i think it works for now. Come WM 25, who knows.

How in the hell does Afa fit in with Orton's stable, ignoring the fact he's second gen? I mean, I've tried to keep an open mind on this, but he has the crazy Samoan look. There's no way he fits in with the likes of Orton, DiBiase and Rhodes.

I agree, its dumb. I've said they should have kept it a trio, before they were even a group. They might be able to clean him up, but i doubt it. Not to mention, i think he is still a little green. I guess we will see.

Beer Money Army

i just finished watch escape from new york.. some of my original review were wrong with it.. the show is Good.. PUNk/Strong ****..

but it wouldnt be in my ROH all time list...

just thought to tell you, just incase you were going order it

Wrestling Station

Questions about Batista..
1- Do you think that he will ever turn heel? Everytime I think that he will become a heel; WWE screw us with it and he is STILL a face! :mad: lol.
2- Do you think that he will win the WHC title anytime soon?
3- Do you think that he will have a stable or will stay solo?

Montana

what do u think of Caged Rage????

This is a pretty underated DVD imo. Its solid top to bottom. About 4 matches in the 3.5+ - 4.25 star range. Some entertaining matches to start the show. I myself personally don't own the dvd, but its on my list to get. Heres a top 10 of 2007 DVDs imo.

1) Good Times Great Memories

2) Man Up

3) Supercard of Honor II

4) Driven

5) Fifth Year Festival Finale

6) Death Before Dishonor Night Two

7) Manhattan Mayhem II

8) Caged Rage

8) Glory By Honor VI night two

10) Rising Above / All star extravaganza

Here's my top ten of 2007. These 10 pretty much give you the whole year just about, so the storylines flow. Some are more storyline, some more wrestling, other hardcore based. But you can't go wrong with any of these.

thoughts on charlie haas impersonating everyone?
(cena, JBL, Carlito)

Pretty lame in my opinion. If it was a one time thing, thats fine. But now he looks like even more a joke. If the guy can't come up with a good enough character, just throw him in a tag team or something. Or release him. He really hasn't done much his whole career.

Questions about Batista..
1- Do you think that he will ever turn heel? Everytime I think that he will become a heel; WWE screw us with it and he is STILL a face! lol.

Yeah, I think with HBK, and John Cena going out and Orton and Jericho being very good heels its certainly going to take a little time before a Batista turn. I believe the orginal idea was to have Batista turn heel on raw. Although i think the wwe will continue with Batista against heels on raw just to kill some time. Im not sure if you know, but Batista, is one of my more hated wrestlers, and i was afraid they might try to book Batista vs Cena with Batista being the heel. Well, i think half the fans would cheer for Batista in that case. I really don't think Batista is goin to give you any great promos as a heel. Probably just a cocky swag. So I'll say give him 10-12 months, and he will turn heel to shake things up

2- Do you think that he will win the WHC title anytime soon?

He better not, and no i don't think he will win the championship. I hope they are not trying to book Cena vs. Batista at wrestlemania. I am 100% sure Batista will not be a title match come wrestlemania (WWE/WHC) unless he's facing john cena. (or a multiman match) Batista vs Jericho/Orton/Punk just isn't a draw. Plus is will be stale by the time it comes around.

3- Do you think that he will have a stable or will stay solo?

I didnt see raw yet, but i could see him in a alliance or sorts, but not really a faction. Alliance meanign like punk, hbk, and batista team up as good guys, but not a official faction. I think a evolution part 2 would be a good idea to kick around, but they kinda gave that up with the second generation stable. Batista is the type of wrestler that really doesnt fit in with factions very well, unless he's in that heel enforcer role, like he was in evolution. Now, his status is too big for a faction, and i don't think he's good enough to be a leader of a faction, so really he would be in a secondary role if he were to be.

Beer Money Army

What would be Your top 10 ROH shows and your Bottom 5 ROH shows???

here is mine

1st - Manhattan Mayhem 2005 73% (3 **** or higher) (i hope the sequal is good)

2nd - Main Event Spectacles 2003 65% (3 **** or higher)

3rd - Better Than our Best 2006 64% (2 ****)

4th - Death before Dishonor 2004 Part 2 63% (2 ****)

5th - Nowhere 2 Run 2005 64% (1 ****)

6th - Glory By honor 5 n2 61% (1 ****1/2)

7th - Unified 2006 60% (2 **** or higher)

8th - Anarchy In the UK 2006 60% (2 ****)

9th - Final Battle 2003 60% (1 ****)

10th - Death before Dishonor 2004 Part 1 60% (2 ****)
Honorable mention: 3 Year Anniversary Show Pt.3. 61% (N/A)

My worst 5 ROH shows (M/H = Best Match)

Worst ROH show I seen: Trios Tournament 2005 34% (B/M: ***)

2nd: Glory by honor 2 35% (B/M: *** 1/2)

3rd: Ring Of Homicide 2006 37% (B/M: *** 1/2)

4th: A Night of Appreciation 2002 37% (b/m: *** 1/2)

5th: Tied Bitter Friends, Stiffer Enemies 2003 38% (B/M: *** 1/2)/Scramble Madness 2002 38% (B/M: *** 1/2)

H.mention
ERA of Honor Begins 2002 32% (1 **** 1/2) (it's my lowest rating ROH show, But hey it's the 1st show.. I can't expect it to be average at best...) that my reason why i didnt put it in the top 5 worst ROH as being the pilot or debut show you can't expect too much...

My 2nd question... Same Thing for WWE But top 10 and Your Bottom 10 this time :)

1st - In Your House XVI - Canadian Stampede 77% (1 ****, 1 *****) (maybe only went for 2 hours(4 matches).. But the Most solid 2 hours of Wrestling that i have seen producted by the WWE, If you havent watch this PPV Montana i advise you to watch it...)

2nd - Wrestlemania XVII - X-Seven 56% (4 ****, 1 **** 1/2) (The Best Over 2 hours PPV Ever in WWE)

3rd - Summerslam 2002 63% (2 ****, 1 **** 1/2)

4th - No Way Out 2001 58% (1 ****, 1 *****)

5th - Royal Rumble 2001 62% (1 ****, 1 **** 1/2)

6th - Judgement Day 2000 58% (1 ****, 1 **** 1/2)

7th - Royal Rumble 2007 58% (2 ****)

8th - Royal Rumble 2005 62% (1 **** 1/2)

9th - No Way Out 2006 58% (1 ****1/2)

10th - Summerslam 2001 56% (2 ****)

Honorable Mentions:
Survivor Series I 60% (1 ****)
Backlash 2007 58% (1 ****)
Royal Rumble 2000 56% ( 1 *****)
In Your House XIII - Final Four 56% (1 **** 1/2)
Royal Rumble 2002 56% (1 ****)

1st - King Of The Ring 1995 22% B/M ** 1/2

2nd - King of the Ring 1999 23% B/M ** 1/2

3rd - Summerslam 1990 17% B/M ***

4th - In Your House IV 23% B/M ** 1/2

5th - Survivor Series 1998 - Deadly Game 20% B/M ***

6th - Wrestlemania IX 24% B/M ** 1/2

7th - The Wrestling Classic 23% B/M ** 1/2

8th - No Mercy Uk 1999 25% B/M ** 1/2

9th - Wrestlefest 1988 21% B/M ***

10th - Survivor Series 1999 23% B/M ***

Honorable Mentions
Armageddon 2004 26% B/M *** 1/2
In Your House 25% B/M *** 1/2
Summerslam 1988 23% B/M *** 1/2
UK Ramapage 93 20% B/M ** (not a ppv)
Mayhem in Manchester 23% B/M ** 1/2 (not a ppv)

Maybe some others needed to be mention.. but i think these are the worst PPV's in WWE history

Evil Austin

If you saw Unforgiven the other day what was your out of ten rating of the ppv -

If you saw unforgiven the other day what was your favorite match and why?

Montana

What would be Your top 10 ROH shows and your Bottom 5 ROH shows???

Top 10 ROH Shows

1) Better Than Our Best
(A very complete show, everything you want in a wrestling show)

2) Supercard of Honor III
-one of the greatest wrestling show ever

3) Man Up
- Awesome PPV

4) Supercard of Honor II
- Over rated a tad, because i was there live.

5) Manhattan Mayhem
- A ROH Classic, features some highly rated matches

6) Unified

7) Final Battle 2005

8) Good Times Great Memories

9) Death Before Dishonor V night Two

10) Glory by Honor V night Two

Bottom 5

1) Double Feature
- Good matchups, nothing really that good though

2) United we Stand

3) Reborn Again

4) Survival of the Fittest 2007

5)Era of Honor Begins

Top Ten WWE shows
(The big four are the only shows that hold value to me)

1) WM 17

2) WM 18

3) WM 7

4) SS 02

5) WM 22

6) WM 20

7) SS 92

8) WM 12

9) WM 10

10) RR 92

Bottom 5
(Pretty much any non- big four ppv)

1) In your house 1 ( i hated this series)

2) In Your House 2 (Again, hated the series

3) SS 95

4) In Your House 3

5) In your house 4

NON-Honorable mention goes to the other non big 4 ppv's, ALTHOUGH the wwe has gotten better with this the past couple years.

If you saw Unforgiven the other day what was your out of ten rating of the ppv -

I only saw bits and pieces, but i'd go 7.5/10. Really the only two wothwhile matches were Jericho/HBK and the whc scramble.

If you saw unforgiven the other day what was your favorite match and why?

HBK/Jericho mostly because of the hot fued. Although i really didnt see any of the matches full. If i do catch them this week, i will re rate these matches.

Beer Money Army

Why do you Hate the IYH Series????? (i know it showcase the worst thing ever in wrestling.. That is owen hart death :()

I didn't Mind them.. That diesel vs Sid didn't sold me.. but some of them had some wicked Matches.. Harts Vs Austin Team ***** classic from C.Stampede, HBK/Taker ***** HIAC plus there wild brawl from ground zero that shits all over Lesnar/Taker one from unforgiven 2002, HBK/mankind wild near ***** classic..

It was a good new way into getting fans into the 12 PPV's a Year thing... So shows were better than the major 4... But my Favourite Year of IYH would be 1997 year era...

What did you thought of WWE 1997 season ???

It was one of favourite years along with 2000, 2001....

Harts/HBK/Taker as champ/Austin rising/Foley and HHH verge to future and DX coming out....

I'm not going say any of the bad crap that was on 1997 WWE cause there was some... but you got treated to some great matches within a one year period...

WWF Title Match: Bret Hart Vs Austin Vs Undertaker Vs Vader Final Four 1997 (**** 1/2)
WWE European Championship: Owen Hart vs Bulldog Raw 3/3/1997 (**** 1/2)
Bret Hart Vs Austin Wrestlemania 13 (*****)
Hart Foundation Vs Steve Austin, Ken Shamrock, Goldust, LOD Canadian Stampede 1997 (*****)
Undertaker Vs HBK Badd Blood 1997 (*****)

plus alot of **** quality matches... I felt 1998 in wrestling matches quality wise couldn't back it up, but Losing Bret Hart, HBK(due to injure), Bulldog, Pillman, The Patriot and HHH (being injured for about 1/4-1/2 of the season).. You are deemed to not have quality wrestling shows.... Luckly the storylines and Austin saved WWE that year or else it could of been a year for the worst...

Just say in 2001 WCW>WWE and put wwe out of business, With the booking and control of WCW do you think they would lasted to 2008???

Can you see alot of similiars to TNA booking/controlling a company as to WCW did it in 1991-2001??

Do You think WWE, bret Hart and Owen hart Widow should been in discussion for a Owen hart DVD????

I always like this dude when he wrestled and i think he made alot of fans, The man stayed with the company even after they "screwed" bret hart in 1997.. So the least they could do is make a dvd and make the profits/a % portions to Owen hart Kids.. I would assume they would probably be in the teens....

Montana

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why do you Hate the IYH Series????? (i know it showcase the worst thing ever in wrestling.. That is owen hart death )

Like i meantioned they did get better over time, but ill look over each card now and give my 2 cents (breifly)

IYH I

The top two matches were Sid/Undertaker and Jerry Lawler pinned Bret Hart in 5 minutes (after hart beat Hakushi) Ehh, nothing on this ppv mattered

IYH 2

Only good match was HBK vs Jeff Jarrett for the IC, back when it still had a little value.

IYH 3

Again top matches HBK/Diesel vs Bulldog/Yoko, Bret Hart vs Jean Pierre Lafitte, and Dean Douglas vs Razor Ramon.

IYH 4

Bulldog vs Diesel main event....and thats about it

IYH 5

HHH vs Godwin in the imfamous Hog pen match, and i wanna say this was the first specialty match of IYH. (or first real specialty match) Undertaker vs Mable Casket match, and a very good main event in Bret vs. Bulldog. I can give this ppv a thumbs up.

IYH 6

Hart vs Diesel Cage match, but you knew 100% Diesel was losing. HBk vs Owen was a pretty good match, not much else.

IYH 7

Some good matches on this show, HBK vs Diesel No holds barred, and other fun matchups.

IYH 8

The PPV in the dark....enough said. HBK vs Bulldog was a good match, about again you knew the champ was winning.

So at this point we've seen about 8 PPV's spanning over a year, and just about one good match per show, and really one show that was worth a thumbs up.

IYH 9

Not a big fan of multiman matches, and there really wasnt a undercard on this show. One of the weakest IYH cards

IYH 10

Featured the great matchup between HBK/Mankind, but it was a DQ!!! That kinda killed the match for me. No, i don't think this match was near 5 stars, more like 4-4.25 at the most.

IYH 11

Taker vs Mankind buried alive, was probably my favorite main event up to this point. No one really had any idea what a buried alive match was, and this was a great fued. I was a big fan of the boiler room brawl, so i was pumped for this. Pretty good match. Again not much of a undercard.

IYH 12

Sid vs Bret Hart, decent main event. You werent really sure who was going to win this one.

IYH 13
The fatal fourway featuring Hart/Austin/Vader/Taker. Good match, idk about 4.5 stars. Im not huge on battle royal matches with less than 20 people.

IYH 14

Lots of outside interference, DQ's, and countouts.

IYH 15

Undertaker vs Steve Austin was big. I remember this is probably one of the first, and only time's the wwe has had a guy with so much momentum, and i dont wanna say they blew the load early, it actually worked out well. But this almost felt like a blockbuster matchup, (even though austin was on the sucess level yet, although his popularity was huge) I guess i good way to put it, a lot of people wanted to see Austin get a shot, but no one really thought he would get the shot. Good main event

At this point, you really didnt know what you would get with IYH. Too skeptical to order the show. The main events have been delivering, but you didn't want to shell out money for a DQ or a match that you knew so and so would win.

IYH 16 Canadian Stampede

I didn't actually see the ppv all together, but i've seen every thing except the opening HHH/Mankind double DQ match. I think you were a quite generous with these ratings. sasuke vs Michinoku was a barn burner and show stealer. Taker vs Vader solid 3.5. I DONT think the multiman was 5 stars. 4-4.25. So yeah, i guess back then this was pretty stacked in terms of quality matches, but wwe is more about the entertainment. I dont really watch the wwe for the matches, but more of the entertainment. Not to say this wasnt entertaining, it just wasn't a complete show, at least not enough to say it was the greatest show ever. I think hype and buildup goes into a ppv as well. But certainly a thumbs up with this show.

IYH 17 Ground Zero

Awesome HBK vs Undertaker match even though it was a no contest. (First matchup ever between them as well) This match kinda put some importance into IYH. This was def. big 4 worthy. This PPV kinda took that step of importance. Thumbs up for this show.

IYH 18 Badd Blood

HIAC....5 stars...nothing more needs to be said....except Classic. I want to say at this point the were barely using the IYH name, which some people thought like myself, IYH's suck, so they gave each one individual names.
Another Thumbs up for this show.

IYH 19 Degeneration X

Well rounded show. Ken Shamrock got a well deserved title match and a pretty good card top to bottom. Not really thumbs up worthy, but not bad by any means.

So that was kinda the last real IYH before they changed it up with no way out, unforgiven and so on. Like i meantioned, They got better towards the end.

What did you thought of WWE 1997 season ???

Awesome year for the wwe, probably there best year actually if you look at the classics it produced. Like the list you made, you got some great matches. The wwe is really producing some killer stuff here, and it took the wrestling world a year or two to catch on. I hated wcw at the time, so in some odd way, i felt disrespected wcw, and really let down by guys like Diesel/Razor and others. The wwe took at easy in 96, and cranked in 97. I still understand how someone thought wcw was by any means. I was totally one sided, and i was a fan of wcw 93-96. But when they starting signing guys left and right, the wwe knew it was a war, not a battle. They played it smart. They used what they had, they made new stars, they added attitude, and put on a better show. The only thing wcw had was nwo and the cruiserweights (who were kinda before their time) I watched Nitro back then too, i just didn't see what the big deal was. In 1996 i think Nitro brought back a lot of the old Hogan fans when he turned heel. It shocked the world, and not just the wrestling world, and people wanted to see whats up.

But not to get off subject. 97 was close to a perfect year for the wwe. The ONLY thing i wasn't big on was that HBK didnt wrestle at WM. Yes, he was injuried and lost his smile. But ehh. WM 13 was pretty good, but it didn't stack up to the all time greats. I thought 12 was better. 13 was more of a one match show. Thats my only problem with the year.

In 1997 I went to my first Raw as well. I don't remember too much from the show, cause i went to one 97/98 they kinda blur. But i the one in 97 featured the first ever "triple Threat" or three way dance for the IC Belt. It was Owen vs HHH vs Goldust. That was the match of the night. Also, I seen Sabu vs Too cold scorpio, not sure if that was 98 that was awesome to see Sabu (fav wrestler at the time) Come in from ECW to wrestle on raw. That was probably the first time i marked out about wrestling.

So yeah 1997 was great.

Can you see alot of similiars to TNA booking/controlling a company as to WCW did it in 1991-2001??

Hmmm, not really. I can see some minor things here and there. The thing abotu this is 90-95 was so much different then 96-01. I was going to say it was old school wrestling with minimal storylines. Then 96 is got crazy with storylines, too roster, gimmicks, and politics. I guess TNA started off kinda similar. IT did start off with the "new school" wrestling based, then it turned into more entertainment. The thing WCW did, that TNA isn't doing now, is that WCW would pull out all stops. Bischoff would sell his soul to the devil for a .2 increase in ratings. TNA i feel has a more relaxed, we will get there in due time approach. I guess i never really questioned WCW's booking. The early 90's i felt it was well booked, to the point where you just watched and didnt question. I think TNA was still on the fence when they starting doing some questionable booking moves. Certainly both used cruisers/x division. I think both copanies spend too much money on their roster. But TNA isn't nearly as bad. Now tNA is having a lot of veterns on there roster, similar to wcw.

All in all, i guess there are a handfil of similarities. To me, its still different. I think they are trying to learn from wcw's mistakes. They want there product different, where as wcw went with a traditional approach, but injected new school (nwo) into the mix. Where as TNA is kinda all the place. TNA lets the younger guys shine, more so as well. I look at TNA as TNA. For that matter, i dont think ROH is like WCW or ECW as well.

Do You think WWE, bret Hart and Owen hart Widow should been in discussion for a Owen hart DVD????

Ehh, one day i think it could happen. The biggest problem here, was he died on a wwe show. Showcasing that, or making that a bigger scene would be a problem imo. Thats almost as bad as wwe putting out a best of beniot dvd. Certainly thats a little strech, but i dont think it would be in the best interest of the wwe coming from a business perspective.

Montana

Are you bored of doing these questions?

Nope, i enjoy it. I don't post much on the rest of the forum, except the ROH section, so here i can give my 2 cents on everything going on at the moment.

Beer Money Army

how much does a Batista Vs JBL Feud disinterest you???

what did you think of there 2005 feud???

I personally think it was a horrible feud... didn't like GAB match, hated slam match and the bullrope match sucked...

what do you think of JBL???

I have never liked him, enjoy his apa run with faarooq in this promo's and segments.... but that is all about it.. (i really like his color commentoring skills)