"The Punisher" Kevin Calvaco

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Qwake

Who do you see as the next big thing in TNA?

what do you think of Jeff Hardy's return

Beer Money Army

Do you think WWE One Night Stand will be "2008 WWE lowest Buyrate" so far?

Once TNA starts to get 12 On the road PPV's..(outside of orlando).. Do you think they should slower start to have TNA Impact held around arena/staduims of North America??

Montana

Who do you see as the next big thing in TNA?

That would be assuming their is a big thing in TNA. I don't think i can say their is one specfic guy TNA is going to rely upon. Right now, there are a few wrestlers i think are going to be on a hot streak.

AJ Styles - Turned face, everyone loves AJ.

Abyss- He's going to come back strong

Booker T - He will be very close to the TNA Belt

As far as younger wrestlers,

Kaz - I could see him heating up again

Thats about it for younger talent. Jay Lethal could get a nice rub in the short term, now that he's dropped the X belt. But those are the guys i see going on a nice run this summer. I don't call any of them the next big thing. It would to see Roode get a nice push, I dont think he's going to get pushed hard enough yet.

what do you think of Jeff Hardy's return

OK, i guess. I'm surprised they are still pushing him this hard. He's not really in any fueds yet. I think the wwe is going to be confused on what to do with him in the next year. According to their policy, one more screw up, and he's canned. I think he's going to be walking on egg shells. I say just push Jericho to main event status, and put jeff in ECW.

Do you think WWE One Night Stand will be "2008 WWE lowest Buyrate" so far?

No, gimmick matches are always fun. I thought ONS 07 was a top 3-4 ppv last year. Who doesn't want to see Orton vs HHH Last man standing, again. (This time its serious) and Taker vs Edge TLC, Batista vs HBK Stretcher match. Hardy vs Umaga XXXVII falls count anywhere this time.

Once TNA starts to get 12 On the road PPV's..(outside of orlando).. Do you think they should slower start to have TNA Impact held around arena/staduims of North America??

I don't know why it isn't like that already to be completely honest. Its how you make new fans. I think Impact should be on the road once a month now, but they are cheap bastards. I think the problem is that they are doubting themselves. The problem is, they need to establish markets (What ROH is doing) TNA came to det in 06 for BFG, and they havent came back since. They had a good sized crowd. If they would have came back, you would hope the crowd grows. They need to hit the big markets on a regular basis, and not once every 3 years.

Beer Money Army

My question this time is a HBK one :)...

HBK has been on an excellent PPV winning streak...

Victims
WM24: Flair
B/L: Batista
J'day: Y2J
ONS: Batista?

Do you think this is leading HBK towards an WWE World Championship Program in the near future???

(It has to lead to something.. You don't just get 3 very huge PPV wins for nothing.)

Montana

Do you think this is leading HBK towards an WWE World Championship Program in the near future???

Im glad you asked this. I was thinking the same thing to myself a few days ago. Generally when you see 3 big wins like this, the title is next right? In this case, i dont think HBK is going to see it (on raw) If i had to give my prediction, as to where its going to lead, i think HBK is going to turn heel. They've been teasing it, but he's still getting a good face pop. If he were to move to SD, I could see him reclaiming the world title, perhaps setting up a HBK/Taker match at WM 25.

I don't think HBK needs to the belt anymore. He's a legend up there with Hulk, Flair, Austin, and those guys. HBK always seems like he's a "do whats best for the business" type of guy. On a side note, HBK is probably my all time favorite wrestler. I think its possible to have another hogan, flair, hitman, austin....but there is only one HBK in my opinion. The ability to master heel and face, the fact he can go out there and put on a 5 star match in the wwe, mic skills, making your opponenet look better, making you believe in the heart break kid. WHen you think of who's the one greatest wrestler of all time, i dont think HBK is going to be mentioned, but he's definetly one of the all time greats. (top 3-5 all time)

Well here's a little bonus thoughts, on who my top 10 wrestlers in the past 20+ years are. I made this over a year ago

1) Hulk Hogan
Hulk Hogan made wrestling. Headlined 10 Wrestlemania's and is the reason wrestling is still around. No One will ever dublicate his sucess.

2) Ric Flair
16 World Championships, has been wrestling strong for the past 20 years plus. Certainly one of the best combination of in ring talent, and mic skills.

3) HBK
HBK has been in the WWE for the good and bad. Been main eventing show over the past 14 years in wwe. Has put over numerous superstars, and was involved in one of wrestling most prolific fueds with Bret Hart.

4) Steve Austin
Revolutionized wrestling in the 90's. One of wrestling most popular stars. Became the new "Hulk Hogan" for wwe.

5) The Rock
Perhaps over rated, but help revolutionized wrestling with Stone Cold. Probably the best ever on the mic, and a true Entertainer. Became too big for wrestling.

6) Bret Hart
Some could argue Bret should be higher, but Hart only had 5-6 years of major sucess, while the WWF wasn't exactly blooming with business. His had many classic battles with HBK that will go down as some of the wrestling business best.

7) Macho Man
Hogans sidekick. Never really got out of Hogans shadow. No telling what he would have done, with hogan. Top Heel/Face in the 80's

8) UnderTaker
We all know the WM streak. Good amount of championships and record. A True Legend. The reason he is not higher on my list, is because he never really was the man. He was always #2 or #3 in the WWE. Main difference between taker and HBK, is HBK has had more "other" championships and has fought more respectable opponents, where as taker was a monster slayer.

9)HHH
Ten Championships. Too bad he never beat Austin or Rock at a WM ppv. He was always known as the 3rd wheel, even though hes been beating everyone the 6 years. He also has Multiple championships.

10) Edge
Perhaps a little early to put edge on this list, but he has already won 17 championships, at is just hitting his prime. Has put on many Match of the Night performances and really risen to fame.

Honorable Mention
Kurt Angle, Sting, Ultimate Warrior, Yokozuna, John Cena, Jericho, Roddy Piper, Ted Dibase, Andre the Giant, Booker T​

Then i took others list and made a compiled list. After like 50 some votes.

1) HOgan

2) Stone COld

3) Ric Flair

4) HBK

5) Rock

6) Undertaker

7) Bret Hart

8) HHH

9) Angle

10) Sting

11) Macho Man

12) Chris Beniot

13) Andre The Giant

14) Mick FOley

15) Jericho

16) Warrior

17) Dibase

18) Vader

19) Eddie G

20) Kevin Nash​

Airfixx

Q1. Relatively recently, Vince Russo commenting upon claims that TNA had no proper heels or faces, replied something along the lines of "Nothing in real life is so black and white.... It's for the fans to decide who's 'bad' & 'good'.

With the likes of Kennedy returning tweener (Indeed, face-like thus far but I'd argue he has yet to truly define his 'stance' with behaviour of either ilk) and the Y2J/HBK/Batista fued which is a bit of a cocktail of morals, various other characters hinting at heel/face turns (Sorry. Other examples excape me right now).... Do you think WWE are at least partially starting to subscribe to a similar philosophy?

Q2. What do you think of the Y2J/HBK/Batista fued?

Do you think this will run and run, developing into a fully fledged 3-way in-ring fued like many have expected/hoped or do you think that it's winding down now Y2J has had a rematch (notably, the first time one or the other hasn't struck the other to get the proverbial 'last word') and HBK's stretcher match with 'Tista this Sunday providing the opportunity to conclude their beef?

Q3.Ted DiBiase Jnr's soon to be tag partner.... Who'd ya reckon?

Q.4Any thought on this rumoured '2nd Gen' heel stable? How would you play it?

....Timing's bad cos he's hot ME property right now, but I'd love to see Orton lead them, playing the manipulative heel roll, motivating them with talk of "wrestling being in their blood", "chosen ones", "destiny etc.".

Cheers again in advance.

Montana

Great questions again, My answers are going to be a little delayed. I try and answer everything in 24 hours. So tomorrow morning at the latest.

Beer Money Army

I made a post about carlito in the WWE section...(if you have read it)

Do you agree that Carlito won't win a World championship in the WWE?

Montana

Q1. Relatively recently, Vince Russo commenting upon claims that TNA had no proper heels or faces, replied something along the lines of "Nothing in real life is so black and white.... It's for the fans to decide who's 'bad' & 'good'.

With the likes of Kennedy returning tweener (Indeed, face-like thus far but I'd argue he has yet to truly define his 'stance' with behaviour of either ilk) and the Y2J/HBK/Batista fued which is a bit of a cocktail of morals, various other characters hinting at heel/face turns (Sorry. Other examples excape me right now).... Do you think WWE are at least partially starting to subscribe to a similar philosophy?

Hmmm, you do make a great point. I don’t think it’s the so much of a white or black thing. I think wrestling fans have changed over the years. Back when the original Stone Cold was a heel, yet the most popular guy. Since then, the lines have been gray. As far as the WWE goes, I think they just needed some fresh matchups. I think they know they need one of (HBK/Jericho/Batista) to go heel. Myself personally likes the face vs. Face matchup. Plus now, I think you need a mix of face, heel and tweener.

Now that I think about it, TNA has a lack of major heels. I mean, there heels aren’t very heelish. You could probably argue Robert Roode Is the biggest heel. Kurt is kind of a soft heel. The heel you are entertained by. Although for the most part TNA is on one side or the other. For the most part I think that is fine. However you need heels to fight heels, and faces against faces. I think that’s a must.

Q2. What do you think of the Y2J/HBK/Batista fued?

Do you think this will run and run, developing into a fully fledged 3-way in-ring fued like many have expected/hoped or do you think that it's winding down now Y2J has had a rematch (notably, the first time one or the other hasn't struck the other to get the proverbial 'last word') and HBK's stretcher match with 'Tista this Sunday providing the opportunity to conclude their beef?

Well, I do enjoy the fued, mainly because it’s a fresh matchup/fresh with HBK/Batista. Throwing Y2J in the mix is a curveball. Which has provided some great promos. It’s very enjoyable to me. What I think is going to happen, is one of them will turn heel. I think once the draft happen, I would expect to see these fued to be about over. They may have one more match with 2 of the 3 guys, however I think its close to being done.

I’ve thought of a couple great candidates, well better than Cody Rhodes. First would be to form Money Inc ’08. The experience JBL with the young Dibiase. They would make a hell of a team, I think. They could really dominate the division, and cryme tyme messing with them, could bring some entertainment back to the tag divison.

Secondly, and who I think is sort of a logical pick, which a few people won’t like is Lance Cade. Notice how these two like very similar? Cade is a multiple time tag champ, and there isn’t much room to do much else on Raw. It wouldn’t surprise me if the wwe threw him in another tag team.

Then they could have Dibiase buy out a monster like Umaga/Khali. That wouldn’t be too bad, if done properly. The wwe is going to have tons of options with Dibiase, so expect to see some great storylines with him.

Q.4Any thought on this rumoured '2nd Gen' heel stable? How would you play it?

....Timing's bad cos he's hot ME property right now, but I'd love to see Orton lead them, playing the manipulative heel roll, motivating them with talk of "wrestling being in their blood", "chosen ones", "destiny etc.".

Im not too big on the idea of a second generation stable, with the rumored guys I heard who wear going to be in it. (Dibaise, Rhodes, Afa, DH Smith) To me, Rhodes is a midcarder. Afa and DH are lower card guys right now. I think Dibiase is going to be a upper mid card real soon. To me, It doesn’t seem like these guys fit. The wwe has nothing for these guys, so just put in a stable? Im not big on that idea.

However, I think it would be a great time for Orton to lead a stable. He just seems like a good leader, and the time Is right. I do agree with the manipulative character. I wouldn’t want to see only 2nd generation guys though. Someone like a Kenny Dystkra could use a nice push. Lance Cade. Maybe not those exact guys, but there are low-mid card guys they could put in that role. You could add Rhodes/Smith in there too, if need be.

Other factions I can see forming, is an anti American one. Burchill/Highlanders/DH Smith? I think they would be a good group, if done right.

I made a post about carlito in the WWE section...(if you have read it)

Do you agree that Carlito won't win a World championship in the WWE?

I did read it, and i'd have to agree with you. Im a carlito fan, but he just screams mid card. I dont want to say carlito will NEVER get the belt, but right now, he's way far away. He's gotta completely change. Attitude/ and get in better shape and work harder. Then again mid card isn't so bad. Many Legends were mid card. (Jake the Snake, Mr. Perfect, Razor Ramon, Roddy Piper) So depends how you look at it. Thats about all i gotta say on that, which is kinda why i didnt respond.

Airfixx

I’ve thought of a couple great candidates, well better than Cody Rhodes. First would be to form Money Inc ’08. The experience JBL with the young Dibiase. They would make a hell of a team, I think. They could really dominate the division, and cryme tyme messing with them, could bring some entertainment back to the tag divison.

JBL sprang to mind for me too... (Side note: Massively intrigued as to how he and Ted Snr are gonna interact.)

I don't like the idea of Rhodes or Holly cos splitting them up is hardly the fast track to the titles for Ted Jnr (he'd arguably have to wait for them to drop the titles before being able to team up with one of the former partners). Plus, I don't think either Rhodes or Holly would get that much heat for turning on the other (which ever way they played it.)... Ted Jnr & Cody locking up at some point would be cool tho' cos they could resurrect all the bad blood between Ted Snr & Dusty (Dusty's last WWE fued being when he and the pre-Golddust Dustin' got totally batttered by Ted Snr @ RR91)

...The wwe is going to have tons of options with Dibiase, so expect to see some great storylines with him.

Indeed, Ted Snr's arrival has got me extremely excited....

Cheers as always for your thoughts.... (And sorry for too much of my opinion! LOL)

Hometown Kid

Who do you think (if anyone) on ECW deserves a push to the "A Show" in the upcoming draft?

Guys like Shelton and Morrison come to mind for me at least but is there anyone else you could see come up to RAW?

Montana

Plus, I don't think either Rhodes or Holly would get that much heat for turning on the other (which ever way they played it.)... Ted Jnr & Cody locking up at some point would be cool tho' cos they could resurrect all the bad blood between Ted Snr & Dusty (Dusty's last WWE fued being when he and the pre-Golddust Dustin' got totally batttered by Ted Snr @ RR91)

Great point. I didnt really give it any thought, but neither would get much a reaction upon turning on each other. I agree too with the Dibiase vs Rhodes. I would have liked to see Cody Rhodes and Ric Flair go at it. I would have even consider that to be a WM match, but seeing how well Flair/HBK turned out that would have been a subpar option.

Who do you think (if anyone) on ECW deserves a push to the "A Show" in the upcoming draft?

Well, CM Punk certainly, although he's been on Raw for a little while now. But if i had to pick one guy, im going with Elijah Burke. He's never been on Raw, he's got the tools, and ECW has nothing for the guy. To me, this would be the best case scenario. Looking at the roster, not much is raw worthy. Morrison was on raw last year. Estrada was on raw, and he has a good role as GM of ECW. Shelton was on Raw. Chavo could go to raw, but its chavo, who cares. I think he's better off in ECW right now. Kane was just on raw like 1-2 years ago. The younger guys arent ready yet.

Beer Money Army

Tru..

With Impact ratings of each segment/match being leak onto the internet...

I notice Kip James is hurting the ratings really bad...

but Kip wasn't ratings for WWE (except DX era), Why would tna think he would be for them...(doesn't take a stupid person to see that).

but my question is What would you do with Kip James, if he losing you alot of viewers?

Qwake

How do you think the ROH one night tournament for the tag titles will end up?

who do you think will win and who do you think should win?

Montana

What would you do with Kip James, if he losing you alot of viewers?

Well, i didnt look at the exact numbers, but yeah im sure Kip isn't going to bring in many fans. The guy is just stale now. He's made a bad rep for himself, thinking he's so important to the business. Really i only think he has a job is because he's friends with Jarrett. Simply from watchin the show itself, and not looking at the ratings. I'd give Kip a year off (maybe more) So sense having him fill up a roster. I understand, he's a good vetern for the younger guys, however he's not adding anything. He's been on tv for like 15 years now. He's the same billy gunn for about 10 of those years. You gotta give it a break. But yea, he def. needs some time off.

How do you think the ROH one night tournament for the tag titles will end up?

Looking at the brackets, it looks like Steenerico will be in the finals for sure. On the other brackets, it looks like AOTF and Team Work (danielson/aries) will meet. Im also certain one of these three teams will win. I have to think Team Work is going to go all the way. I love steenerico however i'd perfer if they beat the champs, rather than win a tourney. AOTF is the dark horses.

Also, looking at the PPV taping the next night Team WOrk is facing AOTF (again?) So could that mean something?

who do you think will win and who do you think should win?

Well Steenerico deserves to win the belts, however i dont like this situation for them. I kinda think Team Work is going to beat steenerico in the finals, and maybe a little bit down the road, Steenerico wins in a big rematch. Right now Danielson/ARies have already had numerous shots at Nigel, so i think putting them in a tag team will freshen them up.