"The Punisher" Kevin Calvaco

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

1chiban

Reaction score
Excluding people like Kennedy and Punk that seem to be getting pushes slowly but surely, who on the WWE roster do you feel deserves a push the most, but you don't think WWE will give?

Montana

was cena boo'd last night on raw since you were live in the arena?

He wasn't in the opening part with Regal. The fans almost 100% behind him. But then in his match with Orton, it seemed the fans were behind him, but only 60/40. Orton had a handful of supporters, i think i was in the orton section too. Then at the end with DX he was mostly liked, but a few cena doubters remained. All in all love/hate he got a largest pop, but Hardy had 100% the whole time.

Beer Money Army

In the Past year to 2 TNA Trend of World Champions have been ex top wcw/wwe Wrestler.. But in this Time all the young Talent has been jobbed or pushed aside for these much older wrestlers...

During this time AJ Styles (most decorated tna wrestler ever)...Isn't Main Evented anymore... This is his longest period of time where he hasn't held an single gold....

Samao joe finally got his Break but way way way overdue.....

But with the Likes of Kurt angle, Booker T, Christian Cage Team 3D, Sting, Kevin Nash and others very well establish wrestlers(that made a mark elsewhere) getting the spotlight... While the young hungry talent that's trying to make a name for themselfs.. (homicide, alex shelley, Robert roode, James Storm)....

How do you think this will affect the younger talent for the future of TNA??

(if there going nowhere in TNA, Could WWE or Japan be another option for them?

Montana

In the Past year to 2 TNA Trend of World Champions have been ex top wcw/wwe Wrestler.. But in this Time all the young Talent has been jobbed or pushed aside for these much older wrestlers...

I think there is some very logical reasoning behind, for a few different reasons. First of all, you want to get the most out of your talent. Kurt Angle only had about 3 years left in him (or so) Why take a top superstar in the world, to job him out? Kurt is paid the big bucks, to bring in viewers, and money. It would be wasteful to not fully use him. But on the other hand, you have a reletive unknown stars in someone like AJ, Roode, Shelly and others. These guys are in their mid 20's they are going to be around for a while, at least they should be. It would be a risk if TNA were to put one of their guys as their figure head. What they are doing, they are using well established characters, to bring out some character in the younger guys. Once TNA is tired of using Cage/sting/Angle in the main event we are going to see more of the properly built young talent in TNA take over. Its also a risk to tna to push the young talent real hard, because they know, thats the guys the wwe wants. They don't want the 35+ year olds they already released. They want the Robert Roode type. The Booker/Roode feud was perfect. Now wwe fans tune in, and are seeing a "new star" in Robert Rooder, whom they might not have heard of before. When they brought Russo in he gave a lot of these young guys some identity. I think AJ is another good example of this, yes he was a main eventer, but had no character. Now when he does turn face, he's going to be twice as over.

So to summarize that rambling, Its to use the veterns before they are gone, and to give the younger guys some character and build them up right.

How do you think this will affect the younger talent for the future of TNA??

(if there going nowhere in TNA, Could WWE or Japan be another option for them?

I actually think in the long run, its going to help TNA more. Short run, yes its a little boring, but looking at the bigger picture, there are TNA home grown stars, that can fill the void when need. Also, they are going to be hitting their prime. For the most part, i think a lot of them are being used right. AJ Styles is going to be a main eventer in TNA and its probably going to be sooner than later. Kaz, Abyss, and Robert Roode are not far off.

One guy i think tna is dropping the ball on is Homicide. This guy could be the next big thing in wrestling i think. He's got some of the austin attitude, and the rocks swag. He could be a main event guy, but they seem to want to keep him in LAX.

I think only a very select few could make in well in the wwe, the wwe is a very different ball game. You in ring skills don't make you in the wwe. Its your character, personality and being able to connect with the fans. I think Robert Roode could be a great heel, although i doubt his face ability. I dont think the wwe would use Homicide right. I think Kaz might be a decent fit. So i'd say Kaz might fit best in wwe.

Another option for some of these guys is ROH, probably more so likely than wwe/japan. A lot of the good buzz about MCMG is from ROH. Thats one reason why TNA is allowing them to come to ROH. Homicide/Joe were the top dogs in ROH. Some may consider it a step down, however ROH is slowly growing, and i think a short term move to ROH could be beneficial.

Soulpower

Do you honestly see CM Punk as a World Champion? Its his constant jobbing part of his "push" or do you think that the higher-ups simply don't like the guy?

Montana

Do you honestly see CM Punk as a World Champion? Its his constant jobbing part of his "push" or do you think that the higher-ups simply don't like the guy?

Yes, i do. I think i have to agree with truthslayer on this, whom i rarely watch, but remember him commenting on this same situation. He said, its doesnt matter how much he jobs, AS LONG as he has that breif case. The more i think about it, i have to agree. I think its clear he likely won't cash it in for a while. I would like to see Punk cut a promo, saying he will cash it in, when HE is ready. When HE feels he is unbeatable. So this time with him jobbing, i think this is to get the fans back on CM Punk side, and make him look like he's a average guy fighting the system. CM Punk vs the world.

I do think the higher ups like him, and it may not be this year, but sooner or later he's going to get the strap, not only because he is that talented, i dont think the wwe is going to have enough top guys in a few years from now. I like the wwe is going to look at Punk to lead the next generation of wwe.

Beer Money Army

nice answers you been coming up....

this question is going be a little bit easier..

In your thoughts, What should WWE with Finlay? (at the moment he looks like an crowd attraction with hornswoggle(nothing wrong with that your getting tv time.), But he hasn't done much since his feud with JBL.)

Montana

In your thoughts, What should WWE with Finlay? (at the moment he looks like an crowd attraction with hornswoggle(nothing wrong with that your getting tv time.), But he hasn't done much since his feud with JBL.)

Hmm, this is kinda tough actually. Mainly because im not a huge supporter of Finlay. I think he's too old, although he does go out there and whats on a entertaining match just about every time, with his stiffness. At first thought, i would have done similar to what they did with Cody Hardcore holly. I believe someone asked me about Rhodes, in this thread, and i said put him in a tag team with holly. Well, that didn't work so well, but they are tag champs. I think a vetern/rookie tag team can work, its just the wwe isn't doing what they should be, with the tag division. With that being said, first thing that comes to mind, is putting Finlay with a younger guy (DH Smith, TJ Wilson, Drew Mcintrye, Burchill) one of those guys, to toughen him up. Or Hell, throw him and Hardcore Holly on a team, after Rhodes/Holly breaks up.

But after giving it a little thought, myself personally would give Finlay back his "ass kicking" character. I'd have him come out saying this fight is going to be a street fight (Or under belfeast rules) or something like that. Make him seem like a unbeatable hardcore god, in the lower card of SD. Build him up like that. I don't think i'd put Finlay near the US/World title. I'd probably have him drop hornswoggle too. Maybe not the most popular ideas for Finlay, but thats what i'd do. I'd focus on the guys in their mid 20's low 30's.

Beer Money Army

Yeah Tru that.. I liked Finlay work always. but i think he's almost 50... But i totally agree about him not getting a championship...

MCMG's do you think they would generate more viewers, If given a Push and More promo time? (i think alex shelley is the most charmisa x-division on TNA, Sabin would be in the top 5)...

Montana

Excluding people like Kennedy and Punk that seem to be getting pushes slowly but surely, who on the WWE roster do you feel deserves a push the most, but you don't think WWE will give?

Sorry, missed this one. The person i don't see the WWE giving a big push is Carlito and maybe John Morrison. These guys just seem to scream midcard, in the eyes of the wwe, i think. Carlito apparently has a poor attitude, and Morrision lacks mic skills, even though Morrision is getting better. I think he fails to inject emotion with the morrison character. Thus hurting his chances.

MCMG's do you think they would generate more viewers, If given a Push and More promo time? (i think alex shelley is the most charmisa x-division on TNA, Sabin would be in the top 5)...

No, I dont think more MCMG would generate more viewers, not that i don't think it would be fun to see. Yes it would be entertaining, but i can't see them two single handedly drawing in viewers, push or not. I don't think moving them into the X-division would help either, not sure if thats what you meant. I think they are solid in the tag division, and they should be leading tna in it.

I think LAX would be better off as singles stars in the X division. I'd like to see it get more hardcore. I'd push the X-division almost as high as the world title. The wwe is lacking hardcore and cruiserweights right now, so TNA should take a advantage of this. I'd move lots of stars into the X division and really make it exciting. Guys like Homicide, Abyss, Tomko, Rhyno, daniels, to add to the existing guys.

Beer Money Army

this Question is about WWE drug policy...

Do you think The Suspensions be extended??? (1st offense 3 Months, 2nd Offense 6 Months and 3rd Fired) To actually teach these guys a lesson.. Because compared to other Drugs suspension in sports. Most of the time there about 1-2 yrs length suspensions...

Montana

Do you think The Suspensions be extended??? (1st offense 3 Months, 2nd Offense 6 Months and 3rd Fired) To actually teach these guys a lesson.. Because compared to other Drugs suspension in sports. Most of the time there about 1-2 yrs length suspensions...

NO! In fact, I'd sweep the drug thing under the carpet as much as possible. I think using steroids, is apart of wrestling, as odd as that sounds. Theres a difference between using and Abusing. As reported, MOST of the drug problems started in wcw. Notice several former wcw getting in trouble since wcw failed, and its left a bad mark on wwe. ( Eddie, Beniot, Rey, Regal, Booker, Steiner, Luger, pillman and a few others) For the most part, the wwe guys have been well at not abusing.

If i were to restructure. First offense, Warning. Second, 90 Day Suspension, Third, 180 Day. Forth Fired. Just to shut up the government.

I think drugs is apart of modern sports today, and i look at the wwe more as entertainment. These guys should look superhuman. Its kinda silly to go see wrestling, from you are better than half the wrestlers. (At the same time, i'd also push more cruiserweights...why isn't jack evans signed to a major contract, i dont know)

Montana

How do you think the KOTM match will be?

Good. Thats a easy one. KOTM has always been one of my favorite tna matches of the year, since i started watching tna. They deliver with this match normally, and to see Booker/Roode/Joe already in, with like Cage/Rhyno to be added, it looks like this year will be no different. I gotta think Joe is coming out on top. Although don't count out Booker T. He could be a dark horse in this match, if tna wants to have joe drop the belt soon. I'm pretty sure, this match will be atop of tna's best matches so far this year, as they haven't really delivered anything "great" yet.