The Political Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
if you think guns are equally as important as gay rights, again, i feel like youre a bit of a piece of shit sorry

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
if you think guns are equally as important as gay rights, again, i feel like youre a bit of a piece of shit sorry

Now's probably a good time for you to dip out and do other things, my dude. Respectfully.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Well. He said he vote for gay rights over gun rights. So I don’t think he sees it as more important. I could be wrong.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
part of my confusion is not understanding what you actually believe in and what you've accepted as a loss then I'm guessing. I really thought you'd agree AKs should be banned whether you're actively fighting for it or not lol but if not then I literally got nothing for you, I think they 100% should be so I'm too extreme
I don’t think AKs need to be in the conversation at all. :lizlol

I don’t find you extreme for not wanting to unban them and I’m not trying to. I’m only saying if they were never banned and TODAY someone said rulers ban them, I’d be against it, but that’s not a situation we’ll ever be faced with ever.

And yes, trying unban them would be a losing cause. Most fun supporters see the difference between fully automatic and semi automatic and wouldn’t support a cause like that at all. Especially not when the fight to retain semi automatic rifles is already so tenuous in our country. Not worth the battle.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
You think I’m a piece of shit for supporting gay rights when even Democrats said it was gross on the senate floor? Just because I also support a right on my constitution. It took until 2013 for Democrats to even catch up to my liberal stance on gay rights.

That’s fine. But don’t say you’re not extreme.

• Haha
Reactions: Deezy

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'm not talking about unbannning or banning, I'm talking about my thoughts on if they should be LEGAL. I don't understand why it's so hard to have a conversation about what we BELIEVE should be legal or illegal either lol

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
The abortion thing was a much better comparison to the gun argument if you need to make one, I wouldn't involve civil rights as a comparison
Exactly.

Those are the two biggest single issue policy voting blocks. Both losing issues for the other party.

If you got on board abortion and guns, you could run for either party and stand a decent chance with moderates, centrists and independents.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
You believe they should be legal, that blows my mind and has changed my entire thought process bc everyone I've ever talked to about this has always had a line outside of "every gun should be legal no matter what" lol

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
And you not having that line is straight up blowing my mind

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I'm not talking about unbannning or banning, I'm talking about my thoughts on if they should be LEGAL. I don't understand why it's so hard to have a conversation about what we BELIEVE should be legal or illegal either lol
Because I feel it’s only being done to make my more responsible stance look poorer.

History plays a part in what you believe. Banning and unbanning takes a large part in whether you think something should be legal or not.

I think they never should have been banned. And should be legal today as I believe in the original purpose of the amendment.

But, I don’t believe in making them legal when they’ve already been against the law for decades. And I also don’t want them on the street today because I my opinion the bigger issue is we don’t have a strong enough net to keep any guns out of the wrong hands. So in that case, I don’t want them legal under these circumstances, regardless.

Better background checks, red flag laws, metal detectors at schools, more mental health screenings. Free therapy for people under 25. Possibly keep guns out of under 25s until a vigorous check etc.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Change the name from "banning guns" to "restricting military weapons".

Want to use an AR 15? Serve your country....that's a right that all Americans can get behind.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Because I feel it’s only being done to make my more responsible stance look poorer.

History plays a part in what you believe. Banning and unbanning takes a large part in whether you think something should be legal or not.

I think they never should have been banned. And should be legal today as I believe in the original purpose of the amendment.

But, I don’t believe in making them legal when they’ve already been against the law for decades. And I also don’t want them on the street today because I my opinion the bigger issue is we don’t have a strong enough net to keep any guns out of the wrong hands. So in that case, I don’t want them legal under these circumstances, regardless.

Better background checks, red flag laws, metal detectors at schools, more mental health screenings. Free therapy for people under 25. Possibly keep guns out of under 25s until a vigorous check etc.

Stuff like this has been argued for by Democrats in Congress, and yet when it comes time to vote, Republicans continually vote against it though.

As an aside, do you personally believe that gun restrictions should be stringent on age? For example, do you believe the legal age for owning guns should be raised to 21?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
King Switch said:
Because I feel it’s only being done to make my more responsible stance look poorer. History plays a part in what you believe. Banning and unbanning takes a large part in whether you think something should be legal or not. I think they never should have been banned. And should be legal today as I believe in the original purpose of the amendment. But, I don’t believe in making them legal when they’ve already been against the law for decades. And I also don’t want them on the street today because I my opinion the bigger issue is we don’t have a strong enough net to keep any guns out of the wrong hands. So in that case, I don’t want them legal under these circumstances, regardless. Better background checks, red flag laws, metal detectors at schools, more mental health screenings. Free therapy for people under 25. Possibly keep guns out of under 25s until a vigorous check etc.
Yes and I'm not accusing you of wanting them legal, you've made that clear lol but its the principle I can't wrap my head around at all, and i probably won't. But I think that's why we fundamentally won't ever agree on guns bc while I don't think they should all be banned I think there's a line that can be drawn and you don't even if you've begrudgingly accepted the one we have. I don't consider wanting some banned a lack of comrpomise, the compromise is agreeing on the line

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
And you not having that line is straight up blowing my mind
I have a line and I said it a couple weeks ago.

I said guns should be legal. All guns. But bombs, expensive devises, missiles and shit like that not.

No one seemed to care at the time. Grim even made a nuclear joke about us having one in the backyard.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
I have a line and I said it a couple weeks ago.

I said guns should be legal. All guns. But bombs, expensive devises, missiles and shit like that not.

No one seemed to care at the time. Grim even made a nuclear joke about us having one in the backyard.

I don't remember this but it was probably blatant hyperbole