The Political Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
@King Switch if you willing to dig in this much to protect the 2nd amendment....why don't you do the same for the 1st since this is YOUR site?
Because the 1st only protects you from the Government? It doesn’t mean that you can say whatever the fuck you please without any sort of consequences.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
King Switch said:
I’m telling you almost no conservative, but especially those in Texas will vote out GOP if their opponent is running on anti-2A legislation. No one can ban gay marriage. It’s been constitutionally protected. Now yes, I’d vote for gay marriage because we can overturn the rifles ban in time. It would never stand long term, but of course marriage equality is important. The problem is most deep red don’t care about gay marriage, so that still wouldn’t pass. Now let me volley the ball back to you, would you even agree to strip away some rights of gay rights like gay marriage and equal protection in order to compromise with those that don’t want it at all, or would you fight to keep the whole thing? Because this is what it’s like when being asked to only protect part of the second amendment and if you don’t agree to strip it down, you’re not compromising.
the difference is I see gay people as needing to be more protected than guns and Republicans don't

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
MUH GUNS AT ALL COSTS CONCEQUENCES BE DAMNED

i love how theyll rally for the right to kill each other, but when their own fellow man is being actually oppresed, not a finger lifted by this crowd .

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Because the 1st only protects you from the Government? It doesn’t mean that you can say whatever the fuck you please without any sort of consequences.

Oh god it's like we're delving into that Twitter vs Trump / Disney vs. Florida debate again. :heston

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
exactly.

if you prioritize your entitled right to own a weapon over the actual right of actual people whom your own party takes rigths away from. youre kind of a piece of shit im sorry :draper2

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Not advocating for it but you still believe it lol I'm not saying you're a bad guy for it, I just can't understand that logic at all. If you think something should be legal I'd advocate for it, you're not a politician yourself
It was banned the year I was born after being whittled down during the prohibition era originally. There’s zero point in fighting losing causes. It’s what I’ve said in this thread many times. Understand your sides losing causes and let them go.

As for understanding it, it’s what it was created for. If we can’t defend ourselves from a tyrannical government, the amendment is pointless.

I love self defense and trust me I’d point the 3 million defense uses of a firearm over the mass shooting any day, but that’s not the original point of the right.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Mods are governing the site.... :draper2

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The abortion thing was a much better comparison to the gun argument if you need to make one, I wouldn't involve civil rights as a comparison

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
like literally not voting for someone who thinks banning automatic rifles MIGHT be a good idea while actively voting for a party thats anit human rights is fucked up no matter how you try to justify it. thats what your doing

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
No one being civil here

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Mods are governing the site.... :draper2
The website is also a private entity owned by Smark, so your comparison is just fucking awful.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I’m telling you almost no conservative, but especially those in Texas will vote out GOP if their opponent is running on anti-2A legislation.

No one can ban gay marriage. It’s been constitutionally protected.

Now yes, I’d vote for gay marriage because we can overturn the rifles ban in time. It would never stand long term, but of course marriage equality is important. The problem is most deep red don’t care about gay marriage, so that still wouldn’t pass.

Now let me volley the ball back to you, would you even agree to strip away some rights of gay rights like gay marriage and equal protection in order to compromise with those that don’t want it at all, or would you fight to keep the whole thing?

Because this is what it’s like when being asked to only protect part of the second amendment and if you don’t agree to strip it down, you’re not compromising.
And I don’t personally care here what others would vote for, I’m asking about you, and you alone.

Now for your question, Gay Marriage or gay rights of any kind has never killed a person. I can’t shoot someone with gays having rights. So no, because basic human rights isn’t the same as someone having a gun that you yourself said can achieve the same as other guns. If a handgun can do what an AR-15 can do, why need the AR-15?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
King Switch said:
It was banned the year I was born after being whittled down during the prohibition era originally. There’s zero point in fighting losing causes. It’s what I’ve said in this thread many times. Understand your sides losing causes and let them go. As for understanding it, it’s what it was created for. If we can’t defend ourselves from a tyrannical government, the amendment is pointless. I love self defense and trust me I’d point the 3 million defense uses of a firearm over the mass shooting any day, but that’s not the original point of the right.
part of my confusion is not understanding what you actually believe in and what you've accepted as a loss then I'm guessing. I really thought you'd agree AKs should be banned whether you're actively fighting for it or not lol but if not then I literally got nothing for you, I think they 100% should be so I'm too extreme

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
The abortion thing was a much better comparison to the gun argument if you need to make one, I wouldn't involve civil rights as a comparison
except ive yet to hear any politician say they are PRO 15+ over abortion. they just say they dont want a ban on abortions because no one gets abortions past that limit again other than for medical reasons. the argument is in bad faith and made by republicans to try and point out that democrats would meet in the middle but its just some gotcha bullshit thats not actually factual. they are just trying to get ppl to say they a against abortions so they can call them flip floppers immediately after too

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
the difference is I see gay people as needing to be more protected than guns and Republicans don't
I think both are important. And I confirmed that when I told Blaze I’d vote against guns only if I was forced to pick between that and gay marriage.

But, there’s virtually never gonna be a time you’d have to choose. You can easily find a Democrat willing to stand for the second amendment and run on gay rights and they stand a great chance because they second amendment is top two single policy voting issue and any democrat that break party lines on that might not win a primary, but it would bolden their general election chances.

Now, most Republicans wouldn’t see it my way and I agree with you which is why you should remove that clash. Which is what I said originally. Find a Democrat that stands for both in Texas.