OOC The Out Of Character Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AfricanScatMahn

The Showoff
Reaction score
Yes, a ban list is needed. I'm not having people use these moves since they're broken. This makes the league more fair considering people won't have those broken moves. the first list we had was a lot bigger than the one we have now, but we decided to use this one since everyone would be complaining about the other list. And yeah, spamming broken moves will call for a rematch if recorded.
What if it's not recorded but ?. it's a game at the end of the day. Like it's getting to a point there's gonna be too many rules that's putting myself and many others off signing up to a league match.

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
What if it's not recorded but ?. it's a game at the end of the day. Like it's getting to a point there's gonna be too many rules that's putting myself and many others off signing up to a league match.
If a match isn't recorded I'd assume no rematch. I question "many others" since noone else has raised a complaint except Gino who was talking about one move.

Ultimately, it isn't fun to play a game that's being exploited. Moves like the ones on the list can't be reversed, so they're banned so we can play a fun game. If you disagree that's fine but other people here are fine with it. I think 2kcw is more in favour of there being fewer restrictions.

Psycho Rangers

The Artiste
Reaction score
If a match isn't recorded I'd assume no rematch. I question "many others" since noone else has raised a complaint except Gino who was talking about one move.

Ultimately, it isn't fun to play a game that's being exploited. Moves like the ones on the list can't be reversed, so they're banned so we can play a fun game. If you disagree that's fine but other people here are fine with it. I think 2kcw is more in favour of there being fewer restrictions.

True, but 2KCW is dead. Roadster said so.

Ginothony Bamtano

I rate this forum a decent to strong 4
Banned
Reaction score
*The camera shows Ryan Blake sitting on a chair in a filming room. He seems relaxed and a little happy. Ryan Blake begins to speak to the camera*

Ryan Blake: Today we will remember my brother and his greatest achievements. I'm sure you all know that he died due to surgery, but we all know he would want this. Yes, my brother knew he was the best at his time, but he didn't allow that to impact his life outside the ring. He was actually very humble, but he would never break his character inside the ring. We all know he was great at his job, and that's why he went on to win those World titles. I see people always thinking about what he would've done if he didn't pass away, but he was the most successful new star of all time. People seem to forget last year was his first year as a pro wrestler, and he was a Exodus World champion, Precision World champion, TWF IC champion and the Precision Iron Man champion. Let's not forget his 4 month reign as Exodus Wold champion. The purpose of this documentary is to show you all who the real Robert Blake was. We're going to start with his debut match with Randy Borton. I actually don't really remember this match, so let's take a look at it.

*The match between Robert Blake and Randy Borton begins to play. It is a back and forth 15 minute match, but Randy makes a mistake, and Robert takes advantage by hitting a superkick catching Randy in the air. Robert Blake picks up the win after 15 minutes of competitive action. The fans are in shock that this new guy has beat the former two time World champion on his debut. Robert Blake leaves the ring first while Randy is left in the ring dazed from that match ending superkick.*

Ryan Blake: This match was interesting. This was when no one knew his name or who he was. He was titled as "Unknown" and he wouldn't reveal himself as Robert until his first month in TWF was completed. But yeah, having your debut match with a former World champion? You would be shitting yourself big time. However, it was a perfect place to show everyone who he was. I'm not going to lie, but Robert had big doubts about this match. You see, he didn't really get along with Randy, but that probably gave him that last burst of energy to get the win. TWF clearly was invested into Robert since he had crazy amounts of talent. This match took place 3 months before the shut down of TWF. I can say this match made him a big star. I mean, who wouldn't be the main attraction after beating a World champion? However, he still wasn't ready. He still needed me to talk for him as the leader of the Saviors, but he was growing with skill each day. I knew he would be able to take on leadership, and I could go to the job that was waiting for me backstage. In the next few episodes we'll be looking at his rise and his feuds with Jay Sparks and Tyson Frost.
Fat Finger me... Just wait

Ginothony Bamtano

I rate this forum a decent to strong 4
Banned
Reaction score
Fat Finger me... Just wait
Okay, as I was saying.

I understand what it is that you're trying to do with this whole Robert Blake death and sympathy angle. But I think you're doing it all wrong, with the wrong character.

A show of hands, how many people were genuinely interested in the Robert Blake character, besides Frosty?

That's the glaring issue with your whole storyline. Robert Blake's death had zero buildup, and was out of nowhere, and it wasn't even a swerve, it was just like "Oh yeah, he's dead. Feel sympathy for our bastard of a GM." Robert Blake just wasn't interesting enough to garner a legitimate reaction. He was an average heel, and won the world title. Other than that, his death isn't anything to be sad about, it's more of shock factor for the sake of shock factor, and just killing a character off for no reason.

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I mostly agree with @Gino Bambino

Not just that, I feel killing of a character, even your own, is something that should not be done. Death is final and as in real life our heroes and loved ones have died for real, causing major sympathy is crossing the line. Think about Eddie after he died for real. It was heart wrenching for fans to deal with it. They used that to give a push to Rey Mysterio, a close real life friend of his to honour him. That wasn't bad at first as it was only subtle, but when they started using his death to further storylines "Eddie aint in heaven." There was backlash and rightfully so. They exploited a real life death for profit.

Then there was the storyline they tried to do with Mr. Macmahon. They were going to treat his storyline death the same way as they did with the real death of Eddie. Then after it was all said and done, they would have declared it was a ruse and frankly, it would have been disgusting. It only took a real death of a wrestler and his family to get them to stop this before it happened.

So for me, no, I am not fine with killing off a character.

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
Go away. Robert would eat you all for lunch

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
A show of hands, how many people were genuinely interested in the Robert Blake character, besides Frosty?
His wife. You're a bad guy. You should feel bad for what you just said

Robert Blake's death had zero buildup, and was out of nowhere
Well yeah, he wasn't going to have buildup for his death. How do you even build up your death when you don't know you're going to die?

I mostly agree with @Gino Bambino

Not just that, I feel killing of a character, even your own, is something that should not be done. Death is final and as in real life our heroes and loved ones have died for real, causing major sympathy is crossing the line. Think about Eddie after he died for real. It was heart wrenching for fans to deal with it. They used that to give a push to Rey Mysterio, a close real life friend of his to honour him. That wasn't bad at first as it was only subtle, but when they started using his death to further storylines "Eddie aint in heaven." There was backlash and rightfully so. They exploited a real life death for profit.

Then there was the storyline they tried to do with Mr. Macmahon. They were going to treat his storyline death the same way as they did with the real death of Eddie. Then after it was all said and done, they would have declared it was a ruse and frankly, it would have been disgusting. It only took a real death of a wrestler and his family to get them to stop this before it happened.

So for me, no, I am not fine with killing off a character.
Mate, it's a fucking league. I killed off a fictional character. Stop trying to make me look like I'm making fun of real wrestler dying because that's stupid. This isn't like Eddie who died for real in 2005. This isn't real, and it should be treated as so. Do I care if people don't like my story? Not at all. Why should I care? We're all fags pretending to be wrestlers on the internet.

I feel like everyone is jumping on me right and I can't handle this....I'm reporting you all for harassment.

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
Thanks, man. THANKS A LOT.
Well yeah, it's kind of true. We're pretending to be wrestlers on the internet. Do you know how weird that sounds in real life? I'm the biggest fag though since I run the league. I'm running the place where people pretend to be wrestlers on the internet.

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Mate, it's a fucking league. I killed off a fictional character. Stop trying to make me look like I'm making fun of real wrestler dying because that's stupid. This isn't like Eddie who died for real in 2005. This isn't real, and it should be treated as so. Do I care if people don't like my story? Not at all. Why should I care? We're all fags pretending to be wrestlers on the internet.

The Internet or not, it's still just a line that shouldn't be crossed.

Anyways let's just stop this debate to prevent people from getting too heated.

Reactions: Psycho Rangers

Psycho Rangers

The Artiste
Reaction score
Well yeah, it's kind of true. We're pretending to be wrestlers on the internet. Do you know how weird that sounds in real life? I'm the biggest fag though since I run the league. I'm running the place where people pretend to be wrestlers on the internet.

NO. NO I AM NOT. I am not "just trying to pretend to be a wrestler on the internet". I'm here to put forth roleplaying experience and testing my game skills against other people in real competitions. You implying that I'm just a "fag pretending to be a wrestler" is AN INSULT.

SCREW. YOU.