OOC The Out Of Character Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD

Indy

Banned
Reaction score
I still laugh everytime you guys mention a promo school when promo's are really the least important thing in the league

Ginothony Bamtano

I rate this forum a decent to strong 4
Banned
Reaction score
I still laugh everytime you guys mention a promo school when promo's are really the least important thing in the league
Doesn't mean that learning how to write something cohesive doesn't help with anything.

The leagues and NGW helped me grow so much as a writer, a school doesn't hurt.

Indy

Banned
Reaction score
Doesn't mean that learning how to write something cohesive doesn't help with anything.

The leagues and NGW helped me grow so much as a writer, a school doesn't hurt.
Oh nah it doesn't hurt at all, but I just don't really see the point in it for the league. It's not like good promo's get you titles, y'know what I mean? I could take a shit, in the literal sense, on several fans at ringside in a promo, dickslap the referee for the fun of it but as long as you win all your matches, you'll get your title shots.

Chicken McDouble

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Oh nah it doesn't hurt at all, but I just don't really see the point in it for the league. It's not like good promo's get you titles, y'know what I mean? I could take a shit, in the literal sense, on several fans at ringside in a promo, dickslap the referee for the fun of it but as long as you win all your matches, you'll get your title shots.

A new complete ranking system which takes wins/promo skills into consideration.

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
Remember Bork Laser and Charlie Sigma...?

Nah but between efeds and something like 2kcw, this kind of league represents a medium. You're trying to win matches, but also to play fun matches. You don't have to promo the best to do well (more accessible) but people can have the satisfaction of building characters and stories. Promo school will help with that.

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
I know a lot of people who would disagree with that statement. It comes down to what people like, and the majority of this league like role playing as a wrestler. I believe that also keeps the league interesting when the game eventually gets boring.

Reactions: Geek773

Indy

Banned
Reaction score
Remember Bork Laser and Charlie Sigma...?

Nah but between efeds and something like 2kcw, this kind of league represents a medium. You're trying to win matches, but also to play fun matches. You don't have to promo the best to do well (more accessible) but people can have the satisfaction of building characters and stories. Promo school will help with that.
Fair enough. If everyone here really likes the idea of it, that's fine. Can't really sway anybody's opinion about it. I just think that it doesn't add to anything, especially since people here loves building to stuff anyways. A promo school, to me, sounds like extra work only to have everybody ''learn'' something that's subjective anyways. I don't exactly know how it's gonna work either, but when I was in the league back like a year ago and I heard the first ideas about it, it sounded really dumb to me. (Have people who are in the school not have matches yet, so they can fully concentrate on ''getting better in promo's''), but if it works similar to how the school works in IWT, I guess I can see it but I don't think people's promo's will drastically improve from it. The feedback thread does the same thing imo.

Indy

Banned
Reaction score
I know a lot of people who would disagree with that statement. It comes down to what people like, and the majority of this league like role playing as a wrestler. I believe that also keeps the league interesting when the game eventually gets boring.
there's a difference between importance and what people like

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
Fair enough. If everyone here really likes the idea of it, that's fine. Can't really sway anybody's opinion about it. I just think that it doesn't add to anything, especially since people here loves building to stuff anyways. A promo school, to me, sounds like extra work only to have everybody ''learn'' something that's subjective anyways. I don't exactly know how it's gonna work either, but when I was in the league back like a year ago and I heard the first ideas about it, it sounded really dumb to me. (Have people who are in the school not have matches yet, so they can fully concentrate on ''getting better in promo's''), but if it works similar to how the school works in IWT, I guess I can see it but I don't think people's promo's will drastically improve from it. The feedback thread does the same thing imo.
The school will be completely different. I also disagreed with the idea of not allowing school members to play matches.

Reactions: Geek773 and Indy

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
there's a difference between importance and what people like
And promos are important to keeping a league active, and most of the people like doing promos anyway.

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
Feedback thread has single handedly made some of the best promers in this league, myself included. Damn shame it was so dead last year.

Promo school ideas will need to be finalised but it will just be for people who can't yet write coherently. When it gets to the point that it's subjective how good it is, they wont be in the school.

Reactions: Indy

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
The best thing about 2kcw is that it's another option for people who want to play but not promo, so this league will only have the people who want to make an effort to promo.

Similarly, if 2kcw peeps get pissed about tryhardiness they can be directed here where that's restricted.