OOC The Out Of Character Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ryan Blade

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Website
RDSWrestling.com
How will you make the league something people like?

I'd ask them. I agree that the rules aren't bad, but they aren't very good for the state that the league is in. What I would do you ask them what they would want and do that. Then if things start getting abused, I'd add some rules back and such.

How will you keep the league afloat when the only problem with it is the lack of members?

I think the first thing that has to be done is keeping the current members happy. If the current members aren't very happy, why would anyone else join? I don't know what exactly happened to get this league to the point where people who have PS4s don't want to join, but it's something that happened. If the current members are happy, maybe that'd result in the other people who didn't want to join before want to join.

People might not like Frosty being in charge

Speaking about morale again, but I don't think this is helping the league in its current state either.

How will you get more people interested in the league?

I'd try to talk to Solidus or someone and try to get help promoting that the league is here and people should join. Maybe like a monthly alert letting people know to get people's attention and maybe even catch new members who don't know the league is here because it's almost buried in sub-forums. I'd almost always be talking about it myself, etc

Ryan Blade

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Website
RDSWrestling.com

Indy

Banned
Reaction score
If digging into my channel and embedding them and saying that you don't even have to make a joke about them isn't an attack, I'd love to hear what you think is.

An opinion is not the truth.

Okay.
yeah

SupaHeeroh

The man with the rear that makes the girls cheer!
Reaction score
Taking Ryans ideas into account, what do people want in this league to make it better? That's what he would've asked so i'm going to ask it. That was basically all he said, except talking to Solidus which I agree the league sections as a whole are buried in sub sections, so i'll talk to him about that.

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
Taking Ryans ideas into account, what do people want in this league to make it better? That's what he would've asked so i'm going to ask it. That was basically all he said, except talking to Solidus which I agree the league sections as a whole are buried in sub sections, so i'll talk to him about that.
I've said this before and will do again: I think TWF should be canon to this league. You should call the show Sony Storm, and have the same titles. It might do something to improve accessibility for people who were in the TWF league - which seems to currently be our most likely source of members. It's not like it's massively alienating aaaaaall the WWEF members currently flocking in - there aren't many of those (although I'd love to see that change, and maybe advertising better would get more people from this site in too, as Davis said). Even if you and @TheFrostyBlur aren't in favour of that, I think there should at least be a poll to get a consensus view. Nothing like democracy to improve enthusiasm.

Other than that, nothing immediately springs to mind. Lack of members is the main problem though, I'm in favour of anything aiming to remedy that.

SupaHeeroh

The man with the rear that makes the girls cheer!
Reaction score
I've said this before and will do again: I think TWF should be canon to this league. You should call the show Sony Storm, and have the same titles. It might do something to improve accessibility for people who were in the TWF league - which seems to currently be our most likely source of members. It's not like it's massively alienating aaaaaall the WWEF members currently flocking in - there aren't many of those (although I'd love to see that change, and maybe advertising better would get more people from this site in too, as Davis said). Even if you and @TheFrostyBlur aren't in favour of that, I think there should at least be a poll to get a consensus view. Nothing like democracy to improve enthusiasm.

Other than that, nothing immediately springs to mind. Lack of members is the main problem though, I'm in favour of anything aiming to remedy that.
The leagues have already started and there's no point changing it back to Sony Storm now. Everyone else has gotten on fine with the leagues starting fresh and a few people have even made new characters that they are using for the leagues. Like I said before, you can still use the same characters and have them continue their stories if you wanted. A few people, along with myself being Buster Gates are continuing where they left off in TWF with their characters. There's no reason to bring up past things again. If you want your character to grow you dont go around talking about the past. Other than that, i've already put ideas forward to Solidus in how to get more attention to the leagues and hopefully he takes me up on my suggestions. Although it might not seem like myself and Frosty are doing much to advertise the leagues, I put up my weekly matches to my youtube channel which always gain a couple of hundred views. I don't really know what else there is to do. Either people will join or they wont.
Anyway, this is what I said to Solidus.
d3488aaa801c358a682ca346a18b447f.png

Reactions: Geek773

Ryan Blade

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Website
RDSWrestling.com
The reason why I didn't participate in the PS4 League on TWF is because the community was toxic and I saw no point in helping it.

I don't remember you asking me if I would stick around, so I guess I wouldn't

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
The reason why I didn't participate in the PS4 League on TWF is because the community was toxic and I saw no point in helping it.

I don't remember you asking me if I would stick around, so I guess I wouldn't

"The reason why I didn't participate in the PS4 League on TWF is because the community was toxic and I saw no point in helping it."

99% of this league are TWF members from that PS4 league.

"I don't remember you asking me if I would stick around, so I guess I wouldn't"

You wouldn't stick around? Why would you want to be GM if you wouldn't stick around?

Ryan Blade

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Website
RDSWrestling.com
"The reason why I didn't participate in the PS4 League on TWF is because the community was toxic and I saw no point in helping it."

99% of this league are TWF members from that PS4 league.

"I don't remember you asking me if I would stick around, so I guess I wouldn't"

You wouldn't stick around? Why would you want to be GM if you wouldn't stick around?

Most of the negative people didn't migrate over or aren't very active at least.

I was being sarcastic as I was never asked, it was just assumed that I wouldn't stick around

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
this isn't helping at all. This argument is just becoming spam and boring. @Ryan Davis PM me with your ideas if you really want to help but stop posting stuff provoking an argument.

Ginothony Bamtano

I rate this forum a decent to strong 4
Banned
Reaction score
I vote Gino be GM again. It went so well on TWF, right...RIGHT?