The Official Wrestlemania 25 Thread.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

C4

I'm honestly disappointed with the way WrestleMania 25 turned out.

This has to be the most boring WrestleMania in years.

WM 19 - Rock vs. Austin, Jericho vs. HBK, Lesnar won Championship, Hogan and McMahon had a classic match.
WM XX - Undertaker's epic return, HBK/ HHH and Benoit was historic, Eddie won the Championship.
WM 21 - Kurt Angle and Shawn Michaels was historic, introduction of MITB, Hogan's short return, Cena and Batista both become Champions, the long feud between Undertaker and Orton finally ended, sudden twist in the Jericho/ Christian feud.
WM 22 - Mick Foley and Edge had a classic match, RVD won the MITB, Michaels and McMahon were real good, Rey Mysterio's Championship win, Cena beating Triple H.
WM 23 - Kennedy wins MITB, Undertaker's Championship win, Trump/ McMahon and Austin was pretty good, HBK/ Cena.
WM 24 - It was outdoors, MITB was pretty good, Flair had his retirement, Undertaker's win.

WM 25 - Uh. Undertaker and Shawn Michaels had a nice match?

I was expecting more. Like Randy Orton winning the Championship and stuff.

J

I'm honestly disappointed with the way WrestleMania 25 turned out.

This has to be the most boring WrestleMania in years.

WM 19 - Rock vs. Austin, Jericho vs. HBK, Lesnar won Championship, Hogan and McMahon had a classic match.
WM XX - Undertaker's epic return, HBK/ HHH and Benoit was historic, Eddie won the Championship.
WM 21 - Kurt Angle and Shawn Michaels was historic, introduction of MITB, Hogan's short return, Cena and Batista both become Champions, the long feud between Undertaker and Orton finally ended, sudden twist in the Jericho/ Christian feud.
WM 22 - Mick Foley and Edge had a classic match, RVD won the MITB, Michaels and McMahon were real good, Rey Mysterio's Championship win, Cena beating Triple H.
WM 23 - Kennedy wins MITB, Undertaker's Championship win, Trump/ McMahon and Austin was pretty good, HBK/ Cena.
WM 24 - It was outdoors, MITB was pretty good, Flair had his retirement, Undertaker's win.

WM 25 - Uh. Undertaker and Shawn Michaels had a nice match?

I was expecting more. Like Randy Orton winning the Championship and stuff.

Agree with most of what you said but didn't Eddie beat Lesnar to get the championship at like No Way Out and just retain at Mania? Plus if you ask me Jeff vs. Matt is getting WAY overlooked it really was a good match if you ask me and even though it didn't end the way people wanted like me. Orton vs. Trips was still a pretty good match.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Well i thought it was pretty good, Some unexpected wins.

HBK/Taker was fucking awesome and easily match of the night

Hardy's was better than i expected

Triple threat was also a lot better than i thought it would be.

MITB Pretty good, Some good spots

Diva waste of time

JBL/Reyrey looked fucking stupid and shit match for the 4 secs it was on.

HHH/Orton really didn't deliver like i thought it would. That match has had so much hype, It just didn't live up to it on the night. Dont get me wrong i love Trips But really wanted Orton to win. And i thought the ending was shite. They have had much better matches than they put on last night . It's not even the fact that Trips won it's just the way he did. I really expected them to work stiff and have an all out shit kicking fest. Just didn't happen. They could have least Made Orton look strong in losing and if Trips had to win, Why couldn't they let him win by the skin of his teeth not completely trash the momentum Orton had. Im little gutted with this match and dont really see anything good coming from this feud now.

And kid rock was on far too long, Why didnt they have him on for like 1 song and have the tag match would have been better than a kid rock mini concert.

Austin was a good touch nice way to say bye and good for the fans :)

C4

Agree with most of what you said but didn't Eddie beat Lesnar to get the championship at like No Way Out and just retain at Mania? Plus if you ask me Jeff vs. Matt is getting WAY overlooked it really was a good match if you ask me and even though it didn't end the way people wanted like me. Orton vs. Trips was still a pretty good match.

Oh yeah, Eddie retained the Championship at WrestleMania XX but it was still a good match worth the money.

Hardy vs. Hardy was good but they could have done lots more to make the match interesting. Once again, I was expecting something more from the match like an extreme bloodbath filled with violence and hatred.

Randy Orton vs. Triple H was garbage. Triple H screwed Randy Orton once again, I hate him. :mad:

CT Styles

Hardy vs. Hardy imo, they'd already done all they could in the previous rivalry that no matter what they did in the match it'd just be like, 'It's been done..' if people catch my drift. The whole match-up's been done, the match stipulation's been done, the spots in the match have been done. All that's all imo, btw.

This Wrestlemania doesn't have any 'moments' it just has a 'match'. Thank you, Mr. Wrestlemania. Shawn Michaels really was the shining light in the eternal darkness that is, Wrestlemania 25.

Qwake

Rofl, fucking terrible PPV!

MITB - Pretty good match and a nice way to start. Even though I don't like Kofi Kingston he was used very well and had some good spots (drop kick through ladder and stuff) and also Finlay done quite well, Christian and Benjamin were both quite good too, MVP, Punk, Kane and Henry didn't do too bad but they would have to have been the quietest in the match. A few huge botches in this match too, Benjamin's flip off the ladder, still looked cool but it didn't go as expected for him, the sunset flip with benjamin and also the unpretier off the ladder was terrible, not blaming Christian since it looked impossible to do but Punk landed on his knees, not his face. ***1/4

Legends/Y2J - I was dissappointed as I was waiting for Flair to come out and announce that Stone Cold would face Jericho or something! Match sucked until it came down to Jericho/Steamboat imo, as most have said Steamboat was awesome and can still put on a watchable match unlike certain other old guys (PIPER!). The after match stuff was kind of boring but whatever, Jericho made it worthwhile. **1/2

Hardy/Hardy - For some reason I didn't really care for this match before it started but it actually turned out alright, there were a few big spots by both Hardy's and I'm glad Matt won because I am sick of Jeff. Ending to the match was pretty awesome, although I thought Jeff was going to kick out and then somehow win but it was good the way it ended. Hopefully this means Matt gets a title shot or something. **3/4 to ***

Taker/HBK - Already been said by everyone but I may as well say it, AWESOME MATCH! Everything about it was great and this was the first time I have actually been worried about Taker's streak ending, usually its just "I wonder when Takers gonna pin him" but this time I wasn't sure if he would be winning or not, if Michaels had won it would have made me as well as many other people pissed off. Takers suicide dive was crazy, usually someone is there to catch him but this time it was that little cameraman and taker flipped into him and fucked them both up. Added hype to the match though, best thing about this PPV no doubt, probably made it worth buying. 17 - 0! *****

Triple threat - When Cena's old theme hit my hopes went right up, I thought he had gone back to old Cena, then I saw all those fags come down dressed as him and I was like "Wtf!" then out came Cena to his other theme, really killed my hopes. Decent match, nothing really special throughout it, was kinda crazy how Cena lifted Show and Edge at the same time, but nothing really made this match standout too much. Lol at Cena winning again though. **1/2

Orton Vs HHH - WOW! I really didn't think I could hate a HHH match this badly, I mean, I usually hate all his matches but this was just too terrible. First off the match itself sucked, nothing to it. Then, the fact that HHH beat him AGAIN made it even gayer, funny peepshow should mention the thing about HHH beating Orton cleanly 4 times or something the past year because HHH is also the only person to beat and take the title from Orton everytime he has held it, I thought Orton would finally get a little payback and win it off Trips but NOPE. The ending to the match was terrible too, Orton had no fight back or anything whatsoever. **

Now what I haven't talked about so far is the shit things about Mania, the Diva battle royal, why would you have a diva battle royal and have divas coming back for one night and not have Trish Stratus or Lita?! And the women who did comeback were thrown out within a minute. Santino's thing as boring, didn't even make me smile. Terrible shit. Then, Rey Mysterio beats JBL in 21 seconds, this is why the IC title sucks these days, someone should go look up how many times the IC changed hands the past year, I bet there would be more title changes then seconds from the Mysterio/JBL match. Not to mention Rey looked Blue.

Also, why have Kid Rock singing to a dead crowd for 15 minutes when you could have The Colons Vs Mizorrison for the tag titles, atleast with that match there would be more then 10 people paying attention to whats going on. I would rather have listened to the national anthem again for those 15mins, thats how shit and boring he was.

This is meant to be the biggest show of the year!? We are meant to get excited for this?! This PPV sucked, I may even go the whole way and say it was like a TNA PPV, that's how shitty it was.

deeman007

Reaction score
I think that this WM was just average compared to the build up. But that's how you keep people watching, I guess.

MITB, it was exciting and a good way way to kick things off.
Jericho Vs Legends, Obvious outcome but Jericho imo was the right guy for this kind of match.
Taker/HBK, as expected awesome match, really no explanation required.
Hardy vs Hardy, I think this match was underrated. They both put on a good match, I didn't see Matt winning at all.
JBL/ Rey: I didn't really care to much for this build up but knowing how good these 2 can work a match makes me think that this match coulda put this PPV over the top.
Triple Threat: It was average at best, but I think Cena winning the belt gives a chance for better storylines to be created possibly for Cena, Edge, Big show, and another superstar tbd.

Dislikes:
Diva BR, The tag-matches not being aired, and the ultimate bore fest Main Event.

The Rated R CMStar

This Wrestlemania doesn't have any 'moments' it just has a 'match'

For anyone not a smark, HHH getting revenge on Orton is a moment.

Way to forget JBL's retirement and we getting what was sold as Stone Cold last appearance ever.

MikeRaw

Holy fuck, these are the times i hate being an "internet fan". I laugh at how everyone here now says "man, WM24 was actually pretty good, and had some moments"... Last year, everyone hated WM24. When WM23, 22, 21 were on, no one liked those either. People bitch every year as soon as it happens, and then change their mind months later.

No one should say this didn't have a "moment". The only reason someone can say that, is because they were too busy being judgmental, and looking for something to bitch at (which is the cool thing these days), instead of taking time to enjoy it. Like CMS said, how is Austin's thing not a moment? It was to every fan that wasn't looking for things to bitch at. Thing slike HHH winning, Undertaker beating Michaels after a classic, and Rourke ko'ing Jericho, are all Wrestlemania moments. Hell, I bet 5 years from now, people will look back fondly on those things. People are just looking too hard for something to dislike.

the dark knight

yea that doesn't change the fact that he was speaking on behalf of vince mcmahon.

MikeRaw

yea that doesn't change the fact that he was speaking on behalf of vince mcmahon.
How does liking something the company does make him speak on behalf of Vicne (or me for that matter, since I echo his statements). That just further proves my point that "hating" te product is the cool thing to do these days. It's Blue. Just because I agree or like something WWE did, doesn't mean I'm sucking Vince off. I just enjoy the show, which is why I watch in the first place. When there's things to hate, I'm one of the first to bitch about it, and so is CMS for that matter. But there's nothing wrong with recognising something was good.