The Official Against All Odds Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Inside my dads ballsack for most of that time. But I meant Sting couldn't draw for TNA, he was good back in the day and was a huge draw but he's not drawing as much in TNA is what I meant and I think others could do better. His matches arent bad but I could name many others who could do much better.

I agree with the 3D comment, they are past their prime and do still put on some good matches but guys past their prime just shouldn't be main eventing, that would be like having Ric Flair main eventing before his retirement or something.

I dunno just what I think...So whats up with the PPV at the moment?

Your dad has long living sperm. :laugh:

No one in TNA really draws. When you think about it, TNA may as well justify the money they're giving Sting.

Reaction score
Predictions.

Sting vs. Brother Ray vs. Kurt Angle vs. Brother Devon

A glorified supershow does not warrant a major turn in the brand's biggest storyline. What we're led to believe is Sting distancing himself from the MEM via this match. What I feel is Sting retaining, and proving to Angle his allegiance. In all honesty, this match blows so it doesn't deserve anything special as a result.

Beer Money, Inc. vs. Lethal Consequences

It would devalue the Tag Titles more if they begin see-sawing in power. BMI retains in typical fashion.

Alex Shelley vs. Eric Young

Eric Young seems like nothing more than an X-Division patsy IE. he is always going to be worthy of a title match, but that's as far as it will go. If typical TNA booking does not eventuate (eg. Sabin or either of Lethal Consequences interfere), this can easily claim match of the night.

Awesome Kong vs. ODB

Here's the equation. Kongtourage barred from ringside and any interference to favour Kong + the audience favourite of ODB + Awesome Kong requiring some recovery time from injury = ODB victory. And it would help if the bookers gave at least SOME leverage for the Frontline. It can be a novelty reign for all I care, but this is ODB's moment ... by default, but nevertheless.

Booker T vs. Shane Sewell

On paper, this screams "filler". But who knows? If Booker crushes Sewell and then some more post-match + his heavy beating of two other referees a couple of weeks back, there might be a zebra revolt! Referees begin calling matches that are biased against MEM competitors etc etc. Either way, this MEM/Frontline storyline needs to progress in some shape or form.

Matt Morgan vs. Abyss

Could be a surprise match in terms of quality. Abyss turning back to his traditional, non-emotional self can start on a good note by going over against a guy who is being pushed generously as a monster. I don't picture a No DQ match between these two because quite frankly, Abyss would be overwhelmingly dominant.

Scott Steiner vs. Petey Williams

Unlike the Booker T/Sewell match, this doesn't appear to be a filler but the outcome will be unlikely to provide a future angle. Just a simple case of winning the grudge match, winning the war, and then these two are back to normal programming - whatever it may be.

Magnus Brutus' Open Challenge.

Too soon. How about Magnus Brutus putting together 4-5 squash-like wins on the trot, under various stipulations (eg. Handicap). Taking a leaf from Vladimir Kozlov's book, he announces his frustration over his competition, and issues the open challenge.

He waits in the ring for an opponent to enter, and nothing. Which is fair, considering he has cleaned up most of the competition not already involved in other AAO matches. He grabs a microphone and says: "Nobody will take up my challenge?"

Pause.

"I will."

No music and no titantron - a sinister Samoa Joe enters the arena. What we get is a good 5-7 minutes of Joe showing off his destructive manner, and Brutus being tested on his in-ring performance, which TNA can analyse and decide if they see him with a title future. Joe wins cleanly and easily, and earns a decent push along the way.

MaZZacare

Reaction score
i think its funny that the undercard has me more excited then the main event since shouldnt the main event be the thing your buying the PPV for?
the tag title and x div matches sound like there'll be good along with the womens match and hopefully morgan abyss wont be to bad just give us them in a hardcore match already plz

LKP

This ppv looks as if it will suck. Where is everyone? I missed last weeks impacta nd saw this weeks. Where is Aj styles, and jarrett ? I know joe is back but is not booked on the card. Im sure ive missed out a few more but i think this card lacks depth and it will probably be the worst of year.

Montana

LAX, Chris Sabin too. I think Angle killed Jarrett at the last PPV.

This looks more like a storyline PPV. Should be entertaining. Morgan and Abyss could be interesting. But overall a lackluster ppv card.

Reaction score
Boo!

TNA reported that Rhino had apparently accepted Brutus Magnus' open challenge, only for Chris Sabin to appear instead.

After watching the X-Division title match, it's clear the MCMG are TNA's greatest commodity. And instead, Sabin is defeated by an inexperienced and lethargic "monster" courtesy of the typical inter-ref-erence.

Reaction score
Quick reflection.

I missed both of Shelley vs. Young and Steiner vs. Williams - take that into account when I give the overall rating. It could be 1-2 scores higher if I had remembered to tune in.

Booker T def. Shane Sewell

The referee outfit designed for wrestling is lame x 10. The match wasn't a filler, because it wasn't a match. It was basically Booker T theatrics (which were great) and Sewell theatrics (the hulking up) + a Book End, Sharmell gets involved and axe kick for the trey.

Booker T honed in on a defeated Sewell to remind him of the loss, and AJ Styles appears. Nothing original in the booking, he just came out, minor scuffle, took the Legends belt and told the story of his life on the mic.

4/10.

Brutus Magnus def. Chris Sabin

Interesting swerve. I guess it's too soon to put someone large on Magnus' plate as he cannot carry out moves, or at least perform them well with a 300 lbs body, and we need to see more of this guy. His attire rocks, by the way.

I didn't feel these two connected well and quickly got bored. I will reiterate that the Guns are TNA's best export right now. Sabin has a Shawn Michaels "showstopper" feel to him that should be appreciated. I'm probably not giving Magnus enough credit but I'm very disappointed that he lowered the colours of Sabin in only his second match!

4/10.

Awesome Kong def. ODB

The Kongtourage comes out and before the match begins, Cornette pleads to them to leave as he had requested previously. If not, he would gift ODB the title. And right then I thought: "is Kong's injury so bad that she cannot even job to ODB and therefore begin rehab?"

They had their moments but this was effectively a squash in the other direction, and not a convincing one by all means. Is Kong fine after all?

4/10.

Abyss def. Matt Morgan

Three instances of this match teasing us for a weapons-charged No DQ dogfight: Abyss came to the ring with a bag (which was found out to be thumbtacks), and the referee ate an Abyss clothesline on the turnbuckle, followed soon after by a chair shot.

They took the match to the stands, which is lame because all that can happen is some soft jabs IMO. Matt Morgan was competing while heavily strapped, so leeway must be given. The match was lazy and lethargic but they could not go hell-for-leather.

5.5/10.

Beer Money, Inc. def. Lethal Consequences

Lunch break for me. Don't consider LC to be any sort of tag team threat for now, but what I saw was pretty good. LC are animated performers and Beer Money are seasoned and established. I was disappointed in myself for caring very little about this match.

This might be because I'm lost for ideas what the tag team division has for an immediate future. Morgan/Abyss are separate, LAX are a singles faction of sorts, 3D are involved elsewhere and LC have now been beaten cleanly in a PPV.

7/10.

Sting def. Kurt Angle, Brother Devon and Brother Ray.

After Kurt Angle had a pep talk to Sting in the MEM locker-room, he told Kevin Nash to "watch him". No sign of Nash at all. In fact, no sign of this match pushing the storyline any further - any storyline IMO.

Mick Foley was on commentary and would award the title to the winner. Would that lead to anything? Nah.

Match was fair to good. Team 3D worked extremely hard and should be lauded for their efforts. As the match progressed some spots told a story, albeit an expected one. Angle went after Sting for the belt in a more sinister fashion to Team 3D, who fought Sabin/Shelley style on a lower scale.

That was fine and dandy but the ending did NOTHING for me. Sting retained by landing the Deathdrop on Brother Ray after he clotheslined Angle out of the ring. It was a neutral result. Sting did not win like a heel nor a face, and the post-match events were minimal (Foley congratulates Sting, Angle emotionally crushed on the ramp).

I'm going to rate this on the basis of it being a supershow and not a PPV. It's unfair to rate this card as PPV worthy in the first place.

And quite frankly, you needed to lower standards because TNA are holding back for Lockdown methinks, and Destination X will be the prelude to that.

I'm out on a limb to say the X-Division is the strongest of all divisions across all wrestling companies right now. This was a reasonable show for what I expected.

5/10.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

I didn't order it, nor did I stream it. I found the card to be simply too crap to warrant my attention. I actually forgot the PPV was on until I saw Monty and SP talking about it in the sb.

Beer Money Army

i didn't order it.. I might say if they book this show as a tna impact.. I don't know if i would be willing to even watch it...

taikimoto

Reaction score
PPV's should be something special out of the ordinary weekly show. TNA bookers
have yet to figure that out.

The Rated R CMStar

Agreed. Even if people try to defend it as a storyline PPV...how was the last time TNA didn't have a storyline PPV? It seems that on every PPV TNA prefers to push a match an angle for iMPACT and next PPV instead of focusing on the PPV itself.

The fact that a still struggling company trying to grow gives throw away PPVs and storyline PPVs is ridiculous.

noumenon

To me it almost seems as if TNA books as if they believe they're real. They've got MEM who claim to be the top draw, legends..ect ect. Sometimes I swear TNA with their delusional storylines believes this to be true and assumes just featuring these guys on the card is enough to make the PPV.
And as CM Star said... they always book looking ahead to their next PPV without even considering the current.

LKP

3 good matches on the card. Eric young vs Shelley Steiner vs Petey was better than id expected it to be. And Lc vs Beer money was good i like beer money. Also Aj returning was cool, i love aj styles and cant wait for the Booker vs aj feud.