The Official Against All Odds Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kizza

TNA PRESENTS "AGAINST ALL ODDS" LIVE ON PPV
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2009, 8PM ET / 5PM PT
FROM UNIVERSAL STUDIOS IN ORLANDO, FLORIDA

On Sunday night, February 8, Total Nonstop Action Wrestling presents "Against All Odds" from Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida!

The three-hour epic event will feature the ongoing war between The Main Event Mafia and the TNA Frontline, including such superstars as TNA World Heavyweight Champion Sting, "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles, Olympic Gold Medalist Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe, Kevin Nash, Rhino, Legends Champion Booker T, Scott Steiner and Team 3D, plus TNA Founder Jeff Jarrett, Executive Shareholder Mick Foley and many more!

The event will be available on InDemand, DirecTV, Dish Network, TVN, Viewer's Choice and more. Call your local cable or satellite provider for details or check your programming guide for availability.

Fans in the Florida area - don't miss your chance to see "Against All Odds" live at Universal Orlando! Tickets are free for both guests of Universal and Islands of Adventure theme parks, as well as the public.

For more information on seating and parking, call the Universal Orlando Resort hotline at (407) - 224 - 6000.

CURRENT CARD

MAIN EVENT FOR THE TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
Team 3D vs. Kurt Angle vs. (C) "The Icon" Sting

TNA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
"Black Machismo" Jay Lethal & Consequences Creed vs. (C) Beer Money, Inc.

KNOCKOUTS CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
ODB vs. (C) Awesome Kong

Legends Champion Booker T vs. Referee Shane Sewell

Abyss vs. "The Blueprint' Matt Morgan

"Maple Leaf Muscle" Petey Williams vs. "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner

Discuss anything to do with the Pay Per View Here.

So, do you think we are gonna get D-Von vs Kurt & Bubba vs Sting? Even as much as I love Team 3D, this isn't a good decision to have as the two most likely biggest matches of the Pay Per View. If it is Kurt vs Devon, I'm fairly sure Jarrett will return then and attack Kurt.

Evil Austin

lol ^ you wish. Being realisticaly it will probably be another MEM vs. Frontline / TNA roster match where it is like 4 vs 5 or 6 and MEM win once again beating the odds. In the Against All Odds PPV.

Kizza

I reckon it'll be those four guys in the same ring for the one title, and the beginning of MEMs breakdown begins ...

I wouldn't mind that, like Kurt or something pins Sting or something after cheating, kinda like Sabin/Shelley.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

lol ^ you wish. Being realisticaly it will probably be another MEM vs. Frontline / TNA roster match where it is like 4 vs 5 or 6 and MEM win once again beating the odds. In the Against All Odds PPV.
Based on what happened last week, how in the blue hell is what you said any more realistic than what Seventh Reason said? Team 3D were the maim faces of the Main Event Mafia last week, and they strictly said they wanted Angle and Sting. Even with Russo, Mantell and Jarrett booking it, you can be pretty sure that we're either heading towards two one on one matches, or 3D vs Sting and Angle.

How would a Handicap Match FAVOURING THE FACES make any sense? How is that realistic? The faces are meant to be the underdogs. How can you be underdogs when you outnumber your opponents in a match? That's going to draw sympathy for the heels not faces, which is completely and utterly stupid. Under no circumstance do you try to draw sympathy for a heel, unless a face turn is in the works. Sure, TNA did it at BFG (how stupid that was too), but do you really think they're going to do it intentionally?

The Main Event Mafia would beat the odds AGAIN? They always have the odds in their favour, because they always use underhanded tactics, such as group attacks and the use of weapons. They don't beat the odds, they use the odds to their advantage and beat the crap out of anyone in their way. The Frontline are the ones who constantly have the odds stacked against them. Why would you suddenly put the odds in their favour? The idea of the storyline is to make the underdog faces (the Frontline) rise up and beat the big bad Main Event Mafia, who had DOMINATED throughout the whole feud. Winning against the odds (also known as causing an upset) does not show domination. If anything it shows that the other team is dominant.

Against All Odds is definitely another Pay Per View not to buy from the look of things. Looks as if we're going to see a rematch of Shelley vs Sabin (I hope, though for some reason they weren't featured on iMPACT! last week), as well as the Tag Title Match which Creed and Lethal earned last week, Morgan vs Abyss, ODB vs Kong, possibly a knockout tag and a filler MEM vs Frontline tag match. Predicting the card from here, I'd go with:

TNA World Championship
Brother Ray vs Sting (c)

Brother Devon vs Kurt Angle

{I'd say we'll get two singles matches, because I see the filler tag match, as well as the fact that Ray said he wanted to be a singles wrestler now last week. Being a singles wrestler would not mean teaming up with your old partner}

Frontline vs MEM
AJ Styles and Petey Williams vs Scott Steiner and Booker T

{If Nash is fit to wrestle [he's not going to be, is he?], it'll probably be Nash teaming with Booker to take on Styles and Foley, with Petey vs Steiner also on the card. However, I don't think Nash will be fit to wrestle, so I'll go with this}

X-Division Championship
Chris Sabin vs Alex Shelley (c)

{Plz, plz, plz}

Grudge Match
Matt Morgan vs Abyss

TNA World Tag Team Championships
Jay Lethal and Consequences Creed vs Beer Money Inc (c)

Knockout Championship
ODB vs Awesome Kong (c)

Taylor Wilde and Roxxi vs The Beautiful People

Some of it hinges on when Joe and Nash are back, though I'd say this will be the card for now. Some matches look to have potential, but you'd be much better off simply downloading Sabin vs Shelley and not ordering the PPV. I don't see anything of any importance actually happening.

Kizza

That is actually exactly how my card would look, but instead of Petey have Samoa Joe in there.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I think I'd depend on when/if Nash will be able to wrestle. If he is it'd probably Booker, Nash, and Steiner vs. Joe, Petey, and Styles. If not Joe may not come back til next ppv, since Pety and Bubba just returned and if Joe came back with out Nash being able to wrestle, he wouldn't fit in anywhere on this ppv.

I can't see Joe being back in time. He's spending time with his wifey and Samoa Joe junior. I'd probably say we'll see him back for probably Destination X.

Reaction score
TNA World Heavyweight Championship
Sting vs. Kurt Angle vs. Brother Devon vs. Brother Ray

X-Division Championship
Alex Shelley vs. Eric Young

TNA World Tag Team Championship
Beer Money, Inc. vs. Lethal Consequences

Knockouts Tag Team Match
Taylor Wilde and Roxxi vs. The Beautiful People

Not sure about a MEM vs. Frontline match, and I think LAX should be involved in the card.

LAX really seem to be fading outn right now, which is a shame. Homicide still has his briefcase, doesn't he? Maybe we'll see 'Cide vs Shelley. That'd be rather epic, since both are great wrestlers.

Beer Money Army

and tna think there going sell with this shit on there PPV...

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I'll give TNA credit for something different by not having the same guys in the ME every ppv, and putting in new guys.

I'll give TNA credit for something different by not having the same guys in the ME every ppv, and putting in new guys.

The problem is the new guys aren't their guys. They're ECW/WWE guys who are stale as all hell. It reeks of laziness that Team 3D and Rhino getting spots instead of pushing someone up from the midcard.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
^^^ Yeah you do have a point there. But seems TNA are too focused on name recognition. That's how they are with signing most of their guys and in this case pushing/establishing them.

Kizza

I wonder if Daniels will make his long awaited return as fucking CHRISTOPHER DANIELS!