The Official Against All Odds Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
^^^ I didn't mean new as in young guys, I meant new as in different guys that haven't been in the main event before besides the same ppv after ppv after ppv

Beer Money Army

but they didn't draw in main events for PPVs in wwe...

remember Great American Bash 2004.. they main evented that...

I know it's something different. but i probably speak for a couple of people here.. I wouldnt waste my money on seeing devon and ray in singles against angle and sting on a PPV.. Those matches sound very very impact match styles...

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
That was WWE though. They are hella over in TNA right now, and what do you do with talent that's over, you main event them. If it doesn't work, then they wont main event a ppv again. They're taking a chance. WWE toke a chance in taking Jeff out of the Survivor Series only having Triple H vs Kovlof knowing that when they had it at house shows, the crowd was bored with it. And hoped that just with Cena return and it being SS that it would still be huge, turns out it was one of the worst selling ppvs. They toke a chance in that and it wont happen again. Maybe TNA will do the same. You may not want to see the Dudleys main event that ppv, others here may not order a ppv with them headlining them, but I guarantee there are those that do want to see it. There are those that have that "what if" taste in their mouth. "What if one of the Dudley's pinned Kurt/Sting to capture their 1st World title." Professional Wrestling greatest tag team in a world title match with the high chance of one of them capturing that title, that'll sell and that seems to be what TNA is doing. Devon vs Bubba vs Sting vs Kurt for the TNA title, odds are in the favor of team 3-D, because there's chemistry problem going on with Kurt and Sting. Again if it doesn't work, then they wont do it again, but there's a chance that it will and TNA's willing to take that chance.

Sure it would be better for them to have their home grown talent in the main event but that's not going to happen right now. TNA is in the mind-set that they need name recognition to sell, get ratings, and get viewers. Until they realize that they don't that's how it's going to be.

Oh and btw, I don't remember the GAB 04.

EDIT: To add to the "they didn't draw in WWE" statement, you can use both Christian and Gail Kim as an example to that. I barely remember Kim in WWE, but TNA imo made Gail Kim. Christian, Vince didn't think he'd draw, he went to TNA and drew big.

The Rated R CMStar

Ugh, first Rhino, now a couple of tag team wrestlers get a World Title Match.

Any storyline that leads to those types of matches at a PPV is beyond Blue.

I mean, wasn't this storyline designed to put the likes of AJ Styles and Samoa Joe over?

Jaybsty

Reaction score
That was WWE though. They are hella over in TNA right now, and what do you do with talent that's over, you main event them. If it doesn't work, then they wont main event a ppv again. They're taking a chance. WWE toke a chance in taking Jeff out of the Survivor Series only having Triple H vs Kovlof knowing that when they had it at house shows, the crowd was bored with it. And hoped that just with Cena return and it being SS that it would still be huge, turns out it was one of the worst selling ppvs. They toke a chance in that and it wont happen again. Maybe TNA will do the same. You may not want to see the Dudleys main event that ppv, others here may not order a ppv with them headlining them, but I guarantee there are those that do want to see it. There are those that have that "what if" taste in their mouth. "What if one of the Dudley's pinned Kurt/Sting to capture their 1st World title." Professional Wrestling greatest tag team in a world title match with the high chance of one of them capturing that title, that'll sell and that seems to be what TNA is doing. Devon vs Bubba vs Sting vs Kurt for the TNA title, odds are in the favor of team 3-D, because there's chemistry problem going on with Kurt and Sting. Again if it doesn't work, then they wont do it again, but there's a chance that it will and TNA's willing to take that chance.

Sure it would be better for them to have their home grown talent in the main event but that's not going to happen right now. TNA is in the mind-set that they need name recognition to sell, get ratings, and get viewers. Until they realize that they don't that's how it's going to be.

EDIT: To add to the "they didn't draw in WWE" statement, you can use both Christian and Gail Kim as an example to that. I barely remember Kim in WWE, but TNA imo made Gail Kim. Christian, Vince didn't think he'd draw, he went to TNA and drew big.

i'm not usually a nazi on grammar but your posts are ugly to read. i read a few and now i got to mention it. run them through spell check or some shit before you post please.

Beer Money Army

all i got to say WWE made Dudleys very over in 2000/2001 from there feuds with hardyz, e/c.. after those 2 team went for brighter and bigger things.. The Dudley can't keep themselfs over...

It's not wwe fault if Dudleys couldn't make stars within WWE grounds and maintain a strong overness...

Plus you say Team 3D are over in TNA.. TNA impact shows can barely hold over 1500.. If you put them infront of 15 000+ i would like to see how over they really are...

WWE already tried them in singles and they failed.. (in which was a interest good move to try out, since E/C work well as singles and the Hardys were benefiting from singles)

team 3D are just about how great they really think they are.. (althought i havent seen that many classic by them besides the Ladder Match, other than that)...also despite what dudleys have won in championships.. IMO they are not the greatest tag team ever....

the other is about Tables... After 10 + plus yrs of seeing it in ECW and then in WWE and now in TNA..

it tends to be stale and drawless....

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
all i got to say WWE made Dudleys very over in 2000/2001 from there feuds with hardyz, e/c.. after those 2 team went for brighter and bigger things.. The Dudley can't keep themselfs over...

It's not wwe fault if Dudleys couldn't make stars within WWE grounds and maintain a strong overness...

Plus you say Team 3D are over in TNA.. TNA impact shows can barely hold over 1500.. If you put them infront of 15 000+ i would like to see how over they really are...

WWE already tried them in singles and they failed.. (in which was a interest good move to try out, since E/C work well as singles and the Hardys were benefiting from singles)

team 3D are just about how great they really think they are.. (althought i havent seen that many classic by them besides the Ladder Match, other than that)...also despite what dudleys have won in championships.. IMO they are not the greatest tag team ever....

the other is about Tables... After 10 + plus yrs of seeing it in ECW and then in WWE and now in TNA..

it tends to be stale and drawless....

I know all that. I'm just saying you can't base how good someone is with their success in WWE over in TNA. That's why I said you could use Christian and Gail Kim as examples of that. You could throw Matt Morgan in there as well. Gail Kim's success in WWE< Kim in TNA. Although Christian didn't have a long career in TNA, his main event time there was way better than his main event time in WWE. Vince didn't think he'd be draw, TNA proved them wrong, which is why he's going back to WWE. So just because 3-D failed as singles in WWE, that doesn't mean they'll fail in TNA. And if it does, then they'll just re-join again.

And I know that the whole "get the tables" thing is stale, but the TNA crowd eats it up. So when I say they're over in TNA, I'm talking about in the TNA audience. Their audience doesn't get 15,000 people, so if you put them in front of that audience, that's no longer TNA. So in TNA they are over.

And the greatest tag team, that was more of my personal opinion and by kayfabe in TNA as that's what they claim they are.

i'm not usually a nazi on grammar but your posts are ugly to read. i read a few and now i got to mention it. run them through spell check or some shit before you post please.

As far as I know, I said hella and that'll. Two words that had the little red underline on them and I didn't want to change that. And you have two choices.

1. Don't read my post. I'm the only one with a Shelton Benjamin avatar. When you see that avatar, that means don't read, skip it go to the next post.
2. Read the post and get over it.

I ain't perfect. I'll fuck up from time to time. I know my ideas can be jumbled up. They sound better in my head. I had the same problem when I was in school. It's not going to change over night. And if you want to talk about someone's grammar, check yours first. When you use "I", you're suppose to capitalize it. And when you start a new sentence, the first letter of that sentence should be capitalized. Alright. :good:

Beer Money Army

I know all that. I'm just saying you can't base how good someone is with their success in WWE over in TNA. That's why I said you could use Christian and Gail Kim as examples of that. You could throw Matt Morgan in there as well. Gail Kim's success in WWE< Kim in TNA. Although Christian didn't have a long career in TNA, his main event time there was way better than his main event time in WWE. Vince didn't think he'd be draw, TNA proved them wrong, which is why he's going back to WWE. So just because 3-D failed as singles in WWE, that doesn't mean they'll fail in TNA. And if it does, then they'll just re-join again.

I wouldnt say christian had a horrible career in wwe. if he stayed there before jumping to TNA.. he would of atleast been ECW Champion Once.. But i think him going to TNA and coming back to WWE will re-fresh him like it did to Jeff hardy...(i wouldnt say Vince said he wouldnt draw.. i take that as a act of jealous as most TNA wrestler have towards wwe, because at the time 2006.. WWE more better talent than christian at the time to push..)
christian problem in his wwe time, was his in ring work rate wasn't consisant all the time...That would be the answer to why christian wasn't bulid highly like edge, because edge is mor econisiant on putting better matches than christian

Gail kim was harder use in WWE, because she wasn't ready to be in the main roster.. Plus WWE overshadow her existance by giving her the belt for no reason in debut and then losing it to i dunno who to but the reign sucked.. Gail Kim should of stayed in TNA much longer to gain more fan base imo....

for Matt morgan, he was too grean in WWE, now 2009 he is fully trained. but he still sucks...

Soulpower

Here's the card as it stands after last night's Impact:

* TNA World Title Match: Sting © vs. Brother Ray vs. Kurt Angle vs. Brother Devon

* Knockouts Title Match: Awesome Kong © vs. ODB

Yeah, Team 3D in a title match, and a Knockouts match we've seen a bunch of times in the past year and a half.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I wouldnt say christian had a horrible career in wwe. if he stayed there before jumping to TNA.. he would of atleast been ECW Champion Once.. But i think him going to TNA and coming back to WWE will re-fresh him like it did to Jeff hardy...(i wouldnt say Vince said he wouldnt draw.. i take that as a act of jealous as most TNA wrestler have towards wwe, because at the time 2006.. WWE more better talent than christian at the time to push..)
christian problem in his wwe time, was his in ring work rate wasn't consisant all the time...That would be the answer to why christian wasn't bulid highly like edge, because edge is mor econisiant on putting better matches than christian

Gail kim was harder use in WWE, because she wasn't ready to be in the main roster.. Plus WWE overshadow her existance by giving her the belt for no reason in debut and then losing it to i dunno who to but the reign sucked.. Gail Kim should of stayed in TNA much longer to gain more fan base imo....

for Matt morgan, he was too grean in WWE, now 2009 he is fully trained. but he still sucks...

Christian's WWE career was horrible? I didn't say that. "Christian's Peep since 04" I can't be a peep if his career was horrible. I'm talking about his time as a main eventer in WWE, that compared to his main event times in TNA, TNA's was way better. And I read before (can't find the source now) that Vince was never too high on Christian during his singles career of WWE and he didn't think he could draw or get over enough, that's the reason he never won the title or was in the main event scene for very long. After he saw what he did in TNA, he wanted him back. I think Christian's main event time in WWE this time around will be way better because of what TNA did and showed off what he can do when the ball is handed to him.

With Gail Kim, that proves my point on what I said about you can't compare someone's WWE success to what they do in TNA. I barely remember Gail's WWE career. All I remember was she won the title on her debut. Her TNA career was extremely better than her time in WWE. If TNA had kept her on the same level she was in WWE, the knockouts division wouldn't have been what it was.

And Matt Morgan is getting better. He's still green to me, but his TNA career is better than his time in WWE.

Yeah, Team 3D in a title match, and a Knockouts match we've seen a bunch of times in the past year and a half.

When was Team 3D in a TNA World title match?

Soulpower

When was Team 3D in a TNA World title match?

Never, because they suck and shouldn't be in a match for the TNA Title. By the way, I was talking about ODB vs Kong when I mentioned a match we've seen a bunch of times in the past.

The Rated R CMStar

Bonez, you keep giving Christian as an example of how someone that didn't make it in WWE can make it in TNA.

The only reason Christian make it in TNA was because he was in WWE. As soon as some other WWE names arrived to TNA as Kurt and Booker, Christian was shoved back to midcard

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
By the way, I was talking about ODB vs Kong when I mentioned a match we've seen a bunch of times in the past.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it'll be another squash match like the rest of their matches.

And no where did I say that Christian didn't make it in WWE, I said his main event/upper mid card career in TNA was better than his main event career in WWE. Dipset Army was saying that since The Dudley's weren't as over or drew good in WWE (besides the Hardys/Edge & Christian feuds) that they wouldn't in TNA. I was using Gail Kim and Christian as examples of how that's wrong because in Christian's case, Vince didn't think he could get over or draw good, so which is why his main event career was lackluster. TNA proved them wrong when Christian was there, he drew well, got over as hell as, showed what he could do when the ball was given to him, and played heel and face very well. So after Vince saw that, he wanted him back. It's because of TNA, that when he returns back to WWE, his main event/upper mid-card career will be better.

So I'm not saying his career as a whole was bad in WWE, just his small main event career.