The Official Against All Odds Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Rated R CMStar

TNA proved them wrong when Christian was there, he drew well, got over as hell as,

Again, that only was because he came from WWE, and played the big fish in small pond card

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
What are you talking about? How does that have anything to do with what me and Dipset Army were debating over? He said since the Dudley's sucked when they main evented WWE, and didn't get over as single competitors in WWE, that they wouldn't in TNA at the Against All Odds ppv. I said you can't only base of what someone can do TNA off of what they did in WWE, and used Gail Kim and Christian in the main event/upper mid-card/ World title holder as an example. I know he was in WWE or I wouldn't have even brought him up. So I'm not understanding where your trying to get at or what your trying to prove.

MaZZacare

Reaction score
hey maybe TNA will realize o crap this match will suck and put the hopefull x div rematch between shelly and sabin in the main event and give them time...what am i saying that wont happen this ppv already has me turned off and it takes alot to do that

The Rated R CMStar

You keep saying and giving Christian as an example of someone who wasn't a main eventer in WWE or over enough in WWE, can go to TNA and indeed main event.

I am saying that the only reason Christian got over in TNA was because he came from WWE. It was not because of his work itself, as he kept doing the same thing he did at WWE, but because people saw him as a big shot, as someone larger than TNA.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Oh okay, I gotcha now.

I doubt that people saw Christian as "bigger" than TNA. I think that's based more on your opinion rather than fact. And if he kept doing the same thing in TNA as he did in WWE, wouldn't that indicate that he was capable of more than what he did in when he was in WWE. He was over as hell in WWE, nut Vince him self said he wasn't high on Christian, didn't think he could draw, didn't see him as a main eventer. But after what he saw what he did in TNA, he's wanted him back every since. TNA showed Vince what Christian can do at the main event level. WWE should have pulled the trigger on him and elevate him to the main event, TNA did. It's obvious Vince's views of Christian has changed drastically if it's revealed that he's the mystery attacker. He's elevating him immediately to the main event and giving him major build up.

But fact is, he was majorly over in TNA through out his whole career there, and his career consisted of a main eventer and an upper mid card. He was more successful in his TNA career than his WWE as a upper mid card/main eventer.

put the hopefull x div rematch between shelly and sabin in the main event and give them time

I think it'd be too early for them to have a rematch for the title with just them two. Maybe next months ppv but not at Against All Odds.

The Rated R CMStar

And if he kept doing the same thing in TNA as he did in WWE, wouldn't that indicate that he was capable of more than what he did in when he was in WWE

No, it actually shows the lack of depth in TNA's main event picture at that moment. That ended more than clear as Christian was depushed when bigger, more over names as Booker T and Kurt Angle arrived.

nut Vince him self said he wasn't high on Christian, didn't think he could draw, didn't see him as a main eventer
Himself? You do know it's just a rumor.

As for the rest, Christian was just impatient. He was main eventing Raw against John Cena and was sent to SD, where he was not even jobbing back and forth, but fighting for the US belt. Vince's views, if we give the rumor you talked about as a given, haven't changed, as Christian will come back as upper midcarder, the same spot he had when he left.

In the end, main eventing TNA is like midcarding WWE. And again, he was more over in TNA because the folks in TNA were excited to have such a "big name" in there.

Beer Money Army

soulpower that 4 way is going reek of awesomeness :smh..

what a shitty ppv already.. should i even bother watching the impact for the build up.. if the world title match is going be that....

ODB vs kong. i could just watch one of last year matches and it would be pretty the same as there future ppv match...

TNA doing a awesome job to keep fans interested and bring new fans into the company

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

That was WWE though. They are hella over in TNA right now, and what do you do with talent that's over, you main event them. If it doesn't work, then they wont main event a ppv again. They're taking a chance. WWE toke a chance in taking Jeff out of the Survivor Series only having Triple H vs Kovlof knowing that when they had it at house shows, the crowd was bored with it. And hoped that just with Cena return and it being SS that it would still be huge, turns out it was one of the worst selling ppvs. They toke a chance in that and it wont happen again. Maybe TNA will do the same. You may not want to see the Dudleys main event that ppv, others here may not order a ppv with them headlining them, but I guarantee there are those that do want to see it. There are those that have that "what if" taste in their mouth. "What if one of the Dudley's pinned Kurt/Sting to capture their 1st World title." Professional Wrestling greatest tag team in a world title match with the high chance of one of them capturing that title, that'll sell and that seems to be what TNA is doing. Devon vs Bubba vs Sting vs Kurt for the TNA title, odds are in the favor of team 3-D, because there's chemistry problem going on with Kurt and Sting. Again if it doesn't work, then they wont do it again, but there's a chance that it will and TNA's willing to take that chance.

Sure it would be better for them to have their home grown talent in the main event but that's not going to happen right now. TNA is in the mind-set that they need name recognition to sell, get ratings, and get viewers. Until they realize that they don't that's how it's going to be.

Oh and btw, I don't remember the GAB 04.

EDIT: To add to the "they didn't draw in WWE" statement, you can use both Christian and Gail Kim as an example to that. I barely remember Kim in WWE, but TNA imo made Gail Kim. Christian, Vince didn't think he'd draw, he went to TNA and drew big.

Christian was made to look like a main event singles player upon his arrival in TNA. He was made to look like a big star. Gail was also instantly involved in Jarrett's stable, and made to look like someone. 3D came into TNA as a tag team, because that's really all they should be. If Rhino didn't sell well, 3D can't possibly.

People who watch TNA are generally smarks. Not many smarks wanna see 3D in singles action in the top two matches on the card. Sure, the imPACT! zone will be full, but the PPV buyrates will be absolutely shit.

Card updated, btw. Thanks for the spoilers for the show I have to watch tonight, SP. >_>

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
So what, he wasn't in title matches all the time, he was still over with the fans. He may not have been in the main event the whole time, but even his time as upper mid card was better than his time upper mid card time in WWE. And if what you say is true, that the only reason he was more over in TNA was because they got a "big name", then that would mean that when bigger names came in, they would have forgotten him and moved on to the next big name. That didn't happen, they still stayed behind him through out his whole career in TNA.

And I thought when I read the article, it was direct quotes from Vince. and if I remember right, he headlined one ppv with Cena I think and went right back down to the mid card again, and then eventually to smackdown. And how is he coming back as a upper mid card? If it is him that's attacking Jeff, they're doing a lot for his return. You don't attack SD top face keeping him from competing at a ppv, attack the WWE champ that happens to be the most over face, do a hit and run angle that involves his family, and mess with his pyro, and do all this 2months before mania, and only be a upper mid-card. He's going to be one of the top heels on that brand, that is of course if it's him doing all of this.

@BKB: There's only one way to find out if someone will draw or not, and that's doing what TNA is going to do. If he doesn't work it wont happen again. I'm not saying I would want to see that but TNA thinks Team 3D is over enough to headline a ppv, they wont know for sure unless they try it.

The only reason I could see someone contemplating buying this PPV for the main event would be to see whether or not Kurt would turn on Sting. Even if 3D are over, everyone knows they won't win anyway, so people won't pay to see them (logically).

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
The only reason I could see someone contemplating buying this PPV for the main event would be to see whether or not Kurt would turn on Sting. Even if 3D are over, everyone knows they won't win anyway, so people won't pay to see them (logically).

From a kayfabe point of view they do have a chance of winning. They're partners, they'll help each other out until they need to face each And there's chemistry problems between Kurt and Sting so for them, they're on their own, when 3D have each other. That's what TNA is pushing now. I know they wont win, I think this is going to start the break down of the MEM with Kurt winning the belt, probably pinning Sting.

I know they have a chance from a kayfabe point of view, but as I said on the last page, most TNA fans are smarks who know better. Matbe if TNA attracted a more general audience who didn't know so much about wrestling it'd work, but with the demographic they have, I can't see it possibly working.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Alright yeah, you do have a point there. I must have missed the smark part you said. But with that logic, yeah, it wont work.

Beer Money Army

so what's the bets on the 4 way match?

** rating or * rating or DUD?

we all know it's gonna suck, we just don't know how badly it will suck...

so what's the bets on the 4 way match?

** rating or * rating or DUD?

we all know it's gonna suck, we just don't know how badly it will suck...

I don't think it'll be that bad. Angle could pull off an awesome performance, and the other three aren't TOO bad. I'd expect it to be ** or **1/2.