• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The NEW WWE champion JEFF HARDY

The Rated R CMStar

You're REALLY bitter about this CMS, aren't you.

You have no idea.

But it's not only the fact that Edge lost the belt, because I was already set for the idea of Hardy beating edge for the belt. But the scenario I had gotten ready to, and hell, even looking for, was Wrestlemania, TLC or Ladder Match. Not 3 weeks into Edge's reign.

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
You have no idea.

But it's not only the fact that Edge lost the belt, because I was already set for the idea of Hardy beating edge for the belt. But the scenario I had gotten ready to, and hell, even looking for, was Wrestlemania, TLC or Ladder Match. Not 3 weeks into Edge's reign.

Edge is amazing CMS. His next lengthly title run will be when he win's the belt clean and in amazing fashion. It'd seriously make him look bad if he kept a belt he won by doing the same thing he's already done twice before and something that CM Punk did to him. So overall he's had four encounters with coming to claim the belt after a match.

what Edge needs on his resume is a big match win following a lengthy title run. That's why WM looks oh so much more promising.

If Jeff Hardy was going to be in the main event in Mania they wouldn't of had him win his title. Edge being the hot top heel of course will be because he's fucking gold. Proving it again tonight. and with the road of wrestlemania coming and Edge having control of SD, he has a brighter future without the belt then he would of had with the belt.

you know what im trying to say gee.

Moonlight Drive

Don't worry CMS, I doubt Jeff's run will last too long before people turn on him and call for the title to be back on Edge.

I still can't believe RVD loses the title the way he did, yet Jeff gets suspended, returns straight away and doesn't even get a tiny bit of a punishment. If the WWE is targetting kids, why use a guy who's been involved in so much bullshit involving drugs?

Jeff is going to becoming the John Cena of 2009 if his reign goes more than 3 months.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I already gave up on Jeff winning the belt after chasing for it for a year and being in so many title matches month after month so this was surprising. over all it was a good match. Didn't want Edge's reign to end so quickly after only 3 weeks. Time to see if all this build up was all for nothing or not. Edge will be champ again by WM. I guess its better this way cause I ain't want Jeff to win the Rumble and then at WM or win the MitB again.

This was totally unexpected, Match of the Year worthy. But sadly, the Slammy Awards are over :(

Jeff Hardy is finally Champion! Seriously, still can't believe this. I hope it's not a short championship reign for Hardy, the guy can hold onto the Championship till WrestleMania, that would be sooooo fantastic! :w00t:

The Rated R CMStar

I am curious on how will they evolve his character now. He was merely interesting because he was desperate on winning the belt. The "I live in pure emotion so I things other can't" and the rest of the emo rant now will not work as he's champion.

I'll be counting the times he says EXTREME in his SD promo this week.

Reaction score
How many times have you heard those promos, CMS, when someone's been chasing the title? I'm sure many have used it, to certain extremes, in their promos leading up to winning the belt. I'm sure Jeff's was a little more extreme than others, possibly, however he had the extremely sweet make up, which made things rather refreshing (imo, anyway).

Who care's if he uses the word 'extreme' a lot in his promos, it's what he's known for, it's like HHH not mentioning the word "game"...

And yeh, I used 'extreme' 5 times in my post. So sue me, and stop watching wrestling because I did it. :)

seX-Power

After taking it in, I'm kinda pissed he won the belt now. WM would be muchamore special. Now we get to see him lose it before Wrestlemania and not gain it back until well into next year.

seX-Power

According to a fans report, Matt Hardy came down the ramp following Jeff Hardy's championship win at Armageddon and hugged him. The brother’s high fived fans at ringside as they made their way back to the ring. Triple H got up from the mat and shook Jeff's hand before heading backstage.

source-lop

I was shocked Matt didn't come out but I guess he did after all. Just thought I'd post this in here. Also shocked that HHH shook his hand.

paulie

Reaction score
great match went back and forward good finish also edge putting jeff through the table was also a great spot glad to see jeff win

Airfixx

Great stuff.... Un-expected and all off of the back of an awesome match.

Minor complaint about the fact that I thought we were heading for a B-I-G WM moment with Jeff finally winning the gold there (and the much speculated TLC would have been perfect), but fair do's, I think that would be a huge leap of faith on WWEs part given Hardy's past form.