The "I'M-SO-URBAN" look

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
This is something that has just been bugging the living fuck out of me lately and I wanted to get some opinions. I saw a guy on the subway yesterday that was wearing literally ALL this crap and I just wanted to throw up on him. These people just try way too hard to fit in.

1. Flat-bill sports cap with the sticker still on - I don't know who started this crap, but I really hope they rot in hell. And it's always important to get a trendy team like the Yankees, because you really can't get any more urban than that. Except maybe a Tokyo or Hong Kong team, but that would just be too pretentious and confusing. Doesn't even have to be a team you actually support, in fact, it's probably better if local television stations NEVER air games from the team you chose because it makes you look so much more mysterious.

2. Air Jordan Sneakers - These shoes were kinda cool in the mid-90's, but they've been making these things for over 20 years now and I swear to god they all look the same. And they go great with a Yankees cap because between Michael Jordan and the richest sports franchise in North America, your team can never lose. You're a total winner, dude. Even though you still live with your mom and really haven't won anything whatsoever.

3. Beats by Dre headphones - I admit, the studio versions are awesome and I own a pair myself. But if you're just going to get the cheap solo editions that sound no different than regular headphones simply because you desperately want another man's name on your body and your allowance won't cover the extra $200, don't embarrass yourself. Stick with the earbuds that came with your iPod and preserve your dignity.

4. Peculiar beaded bracelet - This is usually just something you nab at a gift shop, or a gas station, or just anywhere they sell crap that no one cares about. But the more out-of-place it looks with the rest of your star-studded wardrobe, the more likely people will assume it has some deep personal meaning. Like maybe it belonged to a deceased relative or a relative that's currently stationed in Afghanistan. No, you just stole it from a gas station, jerkoff.

5. Camouflage shorts - Yeah dude, you're such a soldier. I bet you were the guy who killed Osama Bin Laden. I'm sure you're the last guy on this whole train that anyone should mess with because you're trained in 500 different forms of combat and you're probably carrying military-grade pistols in each pocket right now. Pssst... you live in CANADA, douchebag.

Anyone care to add to this? Because the whole trend is beyond lame and makes people look about as cool and original as a fucking stoplight.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I just want to add to what you hate. Skinny Jeans. I mean what the FUCK! It looks so Blue on guys, and it's just tasteless. I can't stand skinny jeans.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Or the pre-faded jeans. Might as well dig an old pair out of a dumpster somewhere rather than pay $50 for a new pair if you want them to look like they've already been worn a thousand times. Does anyone get pre-faded underwear? I think not.

Nate

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
homicide
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
I actually don't mind the camaflouge shorts, it looks good with some styles althogh I do agree with your point there Legion.

However I have a few gripes myself:

-People who don't pull up the fucking pants: Seriously guys, we don't care if you're wearing CoD: Black Ops 2 boxers, pull up your fucking pants. Nobody wants to see them and I don't want to be starting at them when your standing where I'm sitting on the bus.

-People with spacers in their ears: I mean really? I've never seen a more stupid trend in my entire life. You put in wholes the size of fuckin' quarters in your ears and you basically destroy your ears for a fad that's gonna potentially turn off most employers. No wonder everyone's on welfare all the time for Christ's sakes...

-Head/Neck tattoos: I'm all for tattoos, but you're just screaming for attention when you get a tattoo drawn on your skull. And yet 100% of them complain that the feel like that they're outcasts in the community. Well I fuckin' wonder why...

Sorry just personal gripes that I have about today's North American trends.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Spacers look fucking GROSS.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Haha, those kind of folks stick out like a sore thumb out here but usually we get more reclusive folks in my area of the country. I thought I kind of dressed urban but nothing compared to these lame trends. Usually just have a wrestling tee and semi baggy pants. Gotta have room to grow kids.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
How do you know he was trying so hard to fit and just doesn't feel comfortable with what he's wearing?

I weak Jordans, regular Jeans, Weird T-shirt or hoodie with a snapback that matches my sneakers or t-shirt everyday and if that makes me a "follower of fashion" then so be it.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Jordan's looking the same because Jordan is the greatest hustler of all time re-releasing sneakers he put out 15 years ago and people still buying the shits again lol.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Jordan's looking the same because Jordan is the greatest hustler of all time re-releasing sneakers he put out 15 years ago and people still buying the shits again lol.

I don't know about that. Spin Fighters made a return as Beyblade, and now they are selling absolutely ridiculous amounts.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Yeah that is impressive but Jordan has the longevity advantage using this tactic for years and still hasn't failed.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Nearing 40 years for Battling Tops, and I cant find any information on it, but apparently its a Malaysian game that goes back even farther called Gasing Pangkah. I would have to give the edge in longevity to it.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
How do you know he was trying so hard to fit and just doesn't feel comfortable with what he's wearing?
Oh I'm sure anyone would feel comfortable to wear that stupid crap after they paid $500 to put it all on. And I think that's what it all boils down to. "Look at me! I know how to waste money and still look normal! How fucking cool am I?"

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Hat - 20
sneakers - 69-89
Jeans - 20
T-shirt - 8

YEAH! that's totally 500

And I really don't give a fuck what people think about the way i dress, if i like it that's good enough for me.