SUPERSTARS Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

-TJ-

Superstars haven't disappointed me like i think it would.

Although they should have one commentating team (JR and King) instead of them all. We all know Striker and that other guy need some time but seriously?

Only disappointment Finalys vs. Kidd/Neidhart

The Rated R CMStar

We all know Striker and that other guy need some time but seriously?

Only disappointment Finalys vs. Kidd/Neidhart

Seriously, they should just go ahead and make Matt Striker the color commentator of every show

Quintastic One

Reaction score
I think this show will have a higher degree of importance once they actually ENFORCE the brand split now that Backlash is over. Once people start actually sticking to their own show, people are gonna tune into Superstars to see interbrand matches. So hopefully we see that happen.

Soulpower

You know, Superstars is quietly becoming a damn good show. Once again, we got a show with some solid wrestling, and a segment that helped push one of the title matches at JD.

The Cutting Edge did a great job of promoting the Edge-Hardy title match, and it made for a nice trip down memory lane as Edge talked about his history with Jeff. Segment ended after Jeff hit a Twist of Fate and a Swanton on Edge.

Santina-Kelly vs Beth-Rosa was much better than it had any right to be. Kelly seems to be improving, and although he has to dress in drag to do it, Santino finally finds himself/herself with a short winning streak. My only problem with the match is that I believe Rosa got pinned, despite the fact that Beth was the legal woman.

Zack Ryder vs Finlay was just puzzling, to be honest. It was a decent match, but why give Ryder a new gimmick, if you're going to job him out in his first match?

Morrison vs Jericho was very good, but not great. Surprisingly, it was Morrison who was in control throughout the majority of the match. Morrison came close to getting the win after hitting Starship Pain (Split-Legged Corkscrew Moonsault) but Jericho managed to get his foot on the ropes. Finish came when Shelton Benjamin's music interrupted the match (With a tron appearance by Shelton), which distract Morrison and allowed Jericho to hit the Codebreaker for the win.

Match Ratings:

Santina & Kelly vs Beth & Rosa (**)
Finlay vs Zack Ryder (**)
John Morrison vs Chris Jericho (***)

All in all, another solid show for Superstars.

LKP

Superstars and ecw are wwe most least watched shows due to the channels they are or or whatever reason. Unfortunately they are the best shows to watch for matches and talent. I liked Morrison vs Jericho and the rest of the show. I'm from the UK and superstars is the only wwe show i watch via the net now, most UK wwe fans will be disappointed they are missing it.

LKP

Yeah but my mates don't watch it cause they aint got the net lol. Sky Sports should have it soon, so i can watch it in hd :D.

Soulpower

I'll be totally honest. Last night's Superstars was a total one match show. With that said, that match was GREAT. Of course, I'm talking about Big Show vs Hornswoggle.... or not :shifty:

Seriously, the Shelton-Rey match is worth going out of your way to see. Probably the best match we've gotten on Superstars up until this point.

LKP

Yeah very good match imo. Show vs horny was stupid and why goldust? Christian vs henry was ok also, better than i thought.

-TJ-

Well i missed Superstars. I heard the show was pretty above average for Superstars. Am I right?

xtremebadass

This week on Superstars it will be Jericho and Dolph Ziggler vs. Hardy and R-Truth. Sounds like a good tag match. Jericho has been on Superstars quite a bit recently while some Superstars haven't set foot on the show yet.

NCD

Reaction score
I've only seen like the first two editions of Superstars. What was the M.E. last week?

winddomino

Reaction score
I actually didn't catch it tonight. I'm sure it's going to be used to squeeze in some more matches when necessary to build a feud before a PPV. Or perhaps for feud blow off matches after PPV's.
Sounds really corny but I was kind of hoping that the show would be more about having out of character interview with the superstars and following them out of the ring and shit....

Airfixx

^^^Where have you been since April, that's exactly what it's being used for.... LOL

IMO, they should move the Abraham Washington thing to Superstars if they're serious about it.... ECW have fueds, a title and the development of new stars on their agenda - their ring time is too valuable IMO and Superstars needs some kind of USP anyway (*)... They could use the interviews segments as a cataylst for that night's Superstars matches at times too.

Either that or they've gotta raise the stature of matches or bring more stroyline development across from the other shows, cos a Diva tag match & Hornswaggle v Chavo being 2 of the 3 matches is hardly gonna compell me (and I'm guessing a hell of a lot of the peeps here) to watch.

(*Yet again last week I found myself not watching the episode I've downloaded as there's so only so much wrestling I can fit into my mid-week before SD airs on Friday night and Superstars is obviously gonna be the most miss-able of the WWEs TV shows.)