summer transfer window thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
1 point behind :annoyed: I'm still surprised you weren't in the mix for the playoffs tbh.
Me too, we were second at Christmas.

Not sure what to expect next season tbh, I know we are good enough but then again something must be going wrong, we only won 3 games in 2013. :silva:

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Me too, we were second at Christmas.

Not sure what to expect next season tbh, I know we are good enough but then again something must be going wrong, we only won 3 games in 2013. :silva:

What was the problem? Ours were goals until Lita came in which put the team under pressure as well we scored about as many times as Crayo. The defence knew one mistake and we're fucked.

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
What was the problem? Ours were goals until Lita came in which put the team under pressure as well we scored about as many times as Crayo. The defence knew one mistake and we're fucked.
Honestly have no idea, everything I suppose, our defense was the best in the league at Christmas then suddenly they're conceding for fun, our strike force were awful all season so it isn't that, our midfield had no fight in it, only Jason Steele, our keeper played well throughout. The players just didn't seem to care tbh. Obviously some blame has to go to Mowbray but some are calling for his sacking which imo is ridiculous, he saved us from relegation to division 1 when he came in, he's done a good job and he's done it with no money at all.

Wish we hadn't sold Lita, he was a good striker, for the Championship at least.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Ya he averages 1 in 3, not a great finisher but get's himself in the right positions. With a full season I really see him getting 15 /20 goals tbh, he's great when he's on a roll. If we could keep him with St Ledger and a decent creative CM to support Antonio we'd be OK this season for me.

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
Ya he averages 1 in 3, not a great finisher but get's himself in the right positions. With a full season I really see him getting 15 /20 goals tbh, he's great when he's on a roll. If we could keep him with St Ledger and a decent creative CM to support Antonio we'd be OK this season for me.
Tbh my gut tells me you'll be alright anyway, the teams coming up don't look strong at all to me, although I said the same about Southampton and look what happened to them.

I still think you'll be alright and I hope Boro can finally get into the PlayOffs for the first time since coming down.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
With the sounds of it you just need a goalscorer, if the team has confidence they can score defence and midfield get less edgy. Also a midfield enforcer can't hurt (we have similar weaknesses from the sounds of it) hopefully we can bring Sey Olinyavagina back in, dudes a beast.

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
That is exactly what we need, which is why I'm hoping we bring in SEB, we've been crying out for one ever since Viduka and Yakubu left.

Yeah we had an enforcer who was actually very good, but we released him as unfortunately he was a total prick, he was causing problems with morale and shit behind the scenes, good player, but I don't want anyone like that at my club.

Zach

Emma Watson ♥ ♥ ♥
Reaction score
Kolo Toure -> Liverpool (Free)
Iago Aspas -> Liverpool (7.8M Euros)

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Isn't he really prone to homesickness? His ventures with the Spain squad suggests he's over but it's a risk he'll settle in.

Gav back in the championship

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
west ham have had a 14.5 million bid turned down by sevilla for negredo would be a great move for them if they were to pull it off

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
man city have just agreed a deal to sign jesus navas thought?

Jealous. I love watching him in La Liga. City will need to adjust their style of play to fit him in. They had decent wingers in Johnson and Sinclair who were both unused due to them not operating out-and-out wingers properly; none of them were poor at City either. Navas is the type of player United need at the moment, so it's a bit of a bummer to see yet another great midfielder join a team with so many fantastic midfielders.