Summarize and Rate the Last Movie You Saw

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AF.

Reaction score
12 Years a Slave

So after the Oscars I decided to watch this. A very powerful, emotional movie with unbelievable, beautiful cinematography. The acting was superb throughout and the movie was engaging as we followed Solomon's life during his enslavery. I had wished they shown a little more of his life before he was kidnapped, and I also thought the ending was a little rushed but I'm guessing this was so the movie didn't drag along, and it certainly didn't. Fassbender is absolutely brilliant as the tyrant. Eljofor is solid but nothing really groundbreaking. Overall I really liked this movie, even if I did prefer Django Unchained's take on slavery over this, I am still able to appreciate that this is a great film. Beautifully shot.

8/10

Reactions: Keith and Chris

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
The Monuments Men

A great classic war movie with a different take with a very very strong cast and emotional story. Literally one of the best war movies I have ever seen. It had a classic feel to it which was nice and refreshing from modern day movies.

9/10

American Hustle

Sucked. Sucked. Sucked. Sucked. Can't believe it got all the praise its been getting and was nominated for picture of the year. I literally couldn't even handle half an hour of this crap. I wanted to leave halfway through it. I thought "No, it will get better." But nope. Worst piece of shit I have seen in a LONG time.

1/10 for nothing more than Jennifer Lawrence

Her

Now this was a true contender for picture of the year. It got almost the least amount of exposure and was still an amazing story. The cast fit perfectly into their roles and the story was emotional, thought provoking and just an all around true classic. I've never been a fan of Phoenix but this was a very strong performance from him. I would rate this as number 1 in the list of Oscar nominations.

10/10

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Return to Class of Nuke'em High Part 1

As a Troma fan, this movie had a lot to offer. A "soft" reboot(think Star Trek The Next Generation) with many jokes returning from previous Troma films, like American Chicken Bunker buckets littering the streets. Great Cameos include Stan Lee, Lemmy, and Judah Friedlander. Tits, birdies, Mutant Glee Club, and Life affirming rape, only at Tromaville High!

Reactions: Keith

AF.

Reaction score
thumb_mv_51464_w_220_h_320_bg_1_bgc_000000.png

Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Very, very good movie. Did the backstory extremely well and gave viable and logical explanations as to why the Apes eventually take over the world. The movie did a great job of making us care for the characters and tugged at all the right strings, especially towards the end of the film. Very anticipated for the sequel, though I don't think it'll top this.

9/10

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
300: Rise of an Empire

First off, IF YOU DID NOT ENJOY THE FIRST MOVIE, THIS ONE WILL NOT CHANGE YOUR MIND!

If you are looking for a PG-13 90 minute episode of Spartacus you have come to the right place. Slow motion camera grabs, loads of blood, limbs and heads being taken off the body, and Eva Green topless.

This story is actually all over the place and took me about 20 minutes to grasp what was going on. Some events take place before Leonidas & The 300 march to the Thermopylae, some of it takes place during that battle, and some of it takes place after Leonidas had sacrificed himself. The new main character is an Athenian named Themistocles who is renowned for felling God-King Xerxes' father, and his naval tactics.

The only issue I had with the movie is solely my geekdom raging. Why is Faramir following a woman whose son beheaded his brother?

9/10 it delivered on everything I was expecting, and I enjoyed every single minute of it.

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Blue Valentine : pretty good movie but also depressing.

8/10

Reactions: Keith

Hot Rod

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Lone Survivor - 9/10

Action packed from beginning to end, very sad at times because it is based on true events.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Bad Ass

Danny Trejo plays an old Viet Nam vet who becomes a local hero after beating up 2 skinheads on a bus. Shortly after tragedy strikes at every turn, and it is up to Bad Ass to unravel the greatest cover-up in LA's history. Lots of great action, some really well timed comedy, and a better story than I expected from a movie based on a youtube clip.

8/10

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Bad Ass

Danny Trejo plays an old Viet Nam vet who becomes a local hero after beating up 2 skinheads on a bus. Shortly after tragedy strikes at every turn, and it is up to Bad Ass to unravel the greatest cover-up in LA's history. Lots of great action, some really well timed comedy, and a better story than I expected from a movie based on a youtube clip.

8/10
Already has a sequel out.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The Way Back (2010)

The latest from Peter Weir following the true life story about a group of prisoner's who escape the gulag and make their way on foot all the way to India. The first 40 minutes felt a bit slow, and some of the accents jar (its mostly a British and American cast), but once I got into the characters and their journey the film really had me hooked. Its beautifully shot, and well acted.

7/10

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story - One of the best parodies ever made and John C. Reilly's Anchorman or Ghandi....One of my favorite movies, and the music made for it was damned good.

15/10

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The Hungover Games: Obviously by the title it's a spoof movie, but fear not this one doesn't suck, as a person who watches low budget parody movies, this one may be one of the better ones I've seen in years. If you are a fan of the source material, you will enjoy the spot on impressions and it also offers some scenes I actually laughed out loud.

8/10

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The Wolf of Wall Street: Really just Goodfellas in Armani suits, DiCaprio does a Ray Liotta impression throughout the film and it's just really, really, really long. I really didn't like Jonah Hill's character, infact most of the characters in this had no redeeming qualities or anything that made them seem cool like Liotta, De Niro and Pesci did in a far superior movie. This movie is boring because I feel like I've already seen it, and done better back in 1990.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
The Raid 2
Really fun sequel. Not as good as the first film, which really shone due to its simplicity story-wise, but there's still so much to like about this one. The fight scenes are all incredibly well done, especially those in the last 30 minutes of the film which are are just blistering to watch. The story itself is also pretty engaging and well told, although I do they they got bogged down in it during parts of the film. Overall though, the action delivers and in films like this that's the most important thing. 8/10

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The Rocket (2014)

Very charming and beautiful film, about a boy who is considered bad luck after losing his twin at birth and other random events. The boy forms a touching bond with a girl who like him has lost her mother, and events lead up to a Rocket contest in which he hopes to prove himself. As well as being really feel good, the film also has believable characters, and handles the darker moments very well too.

7.5/10

Letter From a Unknown Woman (1948)

Classic Hollywood melodrama carried by a very convincing, restraint performance from Jean Fontaine as a woman obsessed with a famous musician, who puts her life at stake to pursue him. The characters are nicely drawn up, with enough warmth and complexities to draw me in. The locations are stylishly captured too.

8/10

Men in Black (1997)

Entertaining, and inventive SCI-FI blockbuster which holds up well today. Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones are perfect together, the supporting cast are great also, the effects wonderful, the jokes are knowing, and theme tune kick arse! Perfect bank holiday film viewing.

8/10