Summarize and Rate the Last Movie You Saw

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
This Is The End

I cant really say too much about the movie itself without giving things away, but if you are a fan of any of the actors in the cast its a safe bet to say you are going to enjoy this. I would have to put this up there with Movie 43 and Ted as best comedy movies I seen this year.

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Don Jon

I heard from a lot of people that this was such an amazing movie. I liked it, but probably wouldn't watch it again.

4/10 since Scarlett is really hott

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
The Incredible Burt Wonderstone

Honestly not a great movie, but it had its moments. I enjoyed Steve Carrell better than I normally do, but Jim Carrey stole the show. I would advise against watching this movie unless you are a fan of Jim Carrey's In Living Color character Fire Marshal, basically the same brand of dumb slapstick humour. Also Steve Buschemi and James Gandolfini were in it, in both of the worst roles I have ever seen them in. Olivia Wilde was looking good in skin tight red leather with the heart cut out of her chest though.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
12 Years a Slave
So yeah, this was pretty amazing. Steve McQueen was kind of perfect for this film - his use of long shots and just all round creativity fitted in extremely well with the story. They find a perfect balance of not going overboard with the gruesome violence, but not shying away from it either. The manner in which they give so many characters some time to breath under such a serious setting was also brilliantly done. Excellent performances from Fassbender, Nyong'o and Ejiofor, with some really strong minor performances from the likes of Cumberbatch and Paul Dano. Perfect. 10/10

Anchorman 2

Started off well during the whole recruiting part of the film, but after that it just went downhill quickly. I might be alone here, but I found Brick unbelievably annoying with his constant loud noises and random bursts, easily the worst part about the film. His sub plot with Kirsten Wiig just didn't work at all. All that time focuses on him took away anything for Paul Rudd and Champ, who really weren't given a whole lot to do. It was like a clichéd sequel in many ways, taking everything from the first film and making it BIGGER and LOUDER, thinking that'd make it better somehow. It just didn't do it for me. 4/10

Reactions: Keith

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Texas Chainsaw (2013)

Better than the others. Better ending. But overall... average slasher. Not that bad. But not one to look up to rewatch anytime soon. Luckily it was just Netflix though.

3.8/10

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Anchorman 2 sucked.

Grudge match: This movie won't win any awards, but my firends and I were constantly laughing throughout the film, Kevin Hart is the shit, Alan Arkin was fucking hilarious and De Niro and Stallone were completely punching their iconic characters in the balls to prove they had one left, and Chael Sonnens cameos are a must see.
9/10

Last edited:

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Sorority House Massacre.

An 80's Slasher that is has really loose story like most of them to be fair. It's followed horribly too. You find bits and pieces to who the killer and why he's killing but in the end it doesn't pay off very well. The scene where the killer dies is very lackluster too. Yet it's still a somewhat suspenseful. I'd honestly skip this for Slasher movies like Sleepaway Camp if you want a cult classic or something actually fun to watch. There is a second Sorority House Massacre, I may watch it in the near future. Still some good lookin' chicks runnin' around and gettin' killed... So it's not the worst way to kill an hour or so.

3/10

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Robocop(2014)

I will start of by saying, THIS IS NOT ROBOCOP! but it is an enjoyable action movie. Amazing cast, great CG, and they even keep the old theme. If you liked the older movies due to their dark, grittiness it will disappoint as there is a softer tone to the whole movie. It would definitely be better if not compared to the originals, as it was very enjoyable on its own, but fails to capture what made the originals classics.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Robocop(2014)

I will start of by saying, THIS IS NOT ROBOCOP! but it is an enjoyable action movie. Amazing cast, great CG, and they even keep the old theme. If you liked the older movies due to their dark, grittiness it will disappoint as there is a softer tone to the whole movie. It would definitely be better if not compared to the originals, as it was very enjoyable on its own, but fails to capture what made the originals classics.
Didn't have the verhoeven(sp?) tongue in cheek jokes nor the Christ metaphors for me to enjoy this.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Didn't have the verhoeven(sp?) tongue in cheek jokes nor the Christ metaphors for me to enjoy this.

I completely understand. But the thing I found the most intriguing was that the whole time it sounded like they were leading to the Robocop vs. Terminator story. Certain elements and characters gave me the idea that if that is the direction they intend to go, this movie did serve as a very good way to blend the two seamlessly.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Sure hope that isn't true, just because you could mix and match with Freddy vs jason and alien vs predator doesn't mean you should.

Second Verhoeven movie new Trollywood remade without any of the things that made them special.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I can understand the problem, but look at it more like The Avengers, establish each franchise first before confirming they are indeed the same world. Its simple as saying that Skynet is another subsidiary company of OCP, and the T-101's are modified EM-208's, the idea of the 101's being skeletal is easy enough to explain as being more effective with fewer resources to make.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
My opinion is the Robocop remake was a fail, anymore attempts at sequels would prolong the agony. Also, no James Cameron......no just no for the love of Lemmy Kilmister please no.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Think I will see the new Robocop film as it is the sort of film which can be remade and updated, but I share deezy's concerns.

Also the cast maybe good, but I can't see anyone other than Peter Weller in that role.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
The Lego Movie (2014)

Okay so I've already seen this twice and it just gets better and better each time. Kind believe it took them this long to do a Lego movie but it was well worth the wait and I loved it. Easily the best movie I have seen in a long time and it appeals to all kinds of audiences, children and adults alike. The story is actually very well done and its a feel good movie that has everything. A nice star studded cast too.

10/10

The Nut Job (2014)

This was a...pretty boring animated movie. Only savior is the lead character being voiced by Will Arnet. I can see the appeal in it to children but thats about all. If you have kids, watching it with them could be more enjoyable but seeing it on your own, or with your girlfriend like I did, its pretty boring. Way too many "Nut" puns as well. I expected some but they based almost all comedy bits in the movie after jokes with nuts.

5/10