Summarize and Rate the Last Movie You Saw

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Mud (2013) 4/10
A big let down from promising indy director Jeff Niccols (Shotgun Stories, Give Me Shalter).
Just such a boring, and cliche ridden story, with terrible dialouge and some patchey performances. MM is okey but he does mumble too much. More Reese Witherspoon and Michael Shannon would have made it a better film. A bit of a bore all in all.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Mud
Don't listen to Keith, it's all lies! Seriously, I really enjoyed this film. I haven't seen anything from Nichols before (although I heard great things about take Shelter), but if this is his weakest film then I'd really like to see his other work. The story is engaging, and Michael McConaughey gives a brilliant performance as an almost modern version of Huckleberry Finn. I do agree that Witherspoon could have been used a bit more, but the main relationship concerning McConaughey and the two kids is handled perfectly, so I don't really think it takes a whole lot away from the film. 8/10

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Fast & Furious 6
This was really enjoyable, especially if you're a fan of the series. I felt they really rushed into the plot at the beginning of the film, by the time they were 20 minutes into the film, they were about where I expected them to be an hour or so in. The movie was still 2 hours and 10 minutes, so I guess I'm happier that they maybe rushed a lot of the given stuff at the beginning and got right to the action, but it did seem a little weird. I still haven't decided whether I liked this one or Fast Five better. I feel like Fast Five is probably the better standalone movie, but this movie did a lot for the series, and in my opinion, solidified the franchise as a great movie series, even thought the movies haven't been so great other than the last two. They went back and tied up a lot of loose ends, lots of stuff from Fast & Furious (mainly because that's the one where Letty "died," and they had to explain it. I won't spoil anything from the ending, but it did make Tokyo Drift make so much more sense, and should have cleared up so much confusion that that movie left us with. That final scene got me looking forward to the seventh one more than I ever thought I could be.
7.5-8/10

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Mud
Don't listen to Keith, it's all lies! Seriously, I really enjoyed this film. I haven't seen anything from Nichols before (although I heard great things about take Shelter), but if this is his weakest film then I'd really like to see his other work. The story is engaging, and Michael McConaughey gives a brilliant performance as an almost modern version of Huckleberry Finn. I do agree that Witherspoon could have been used a bit more, but the main relationship concerning McConaughey and the two kids is handled perfectly, so I don't really think it takes a whole lot away from the film. 8/10

Think you touched on one my problems with it. Because it did feel like that kind of story and that has been done so many times before then because it didn't add anything new it was a let down.

The Dead (1987) 8/10
Lavish and beautifully acted adaptation of James Joyce short story. It starts off light hearted but slowly the tensions from the central characters come out and it is all the more effective for it.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The Birds

Another Hitchcock film and this time it focusses on a series of widespread violent bird attacks over the course of a few days in a small town. The attacks begin after a young socialite, Melanie, decides to deliver a pair of love birds to a man that she met in a bird store. She delivers the bird by boat and as she is doing it she is attacked by a bird. That is the beginning of the attacks which increase in frequency and volume in the coming days. In the end it is a story about relationships and love. What I find really interesting is that Hitchcock purposefully doesn't give a clear reason to why the bird attacks happen, there is no nice wrap-up at the end. You are left to make up your own mind. For me the telling point is when they leave at the end together as a family with the love birds in tow and the birds leave them alone. It says to me that love is what was needed and that the birds were representing the hateful relationships that existed in the town. Much different to the other Hitchcock work that I have seen but still very good.

Rating: 8/10

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Star Trek Into Darkness

Even if you're not a Trekkie (like myself) you'll enjoy this movie. Much like the first movie, I liked this one a lot. It was very entertaining, and very fun to watch.

9/10

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Liberal Arts
Really enjoyable film, I didn't know Josh Radnor had this much talent in him. The writing gets a little bit off track in parts, with some even being a bit too artsy for its own good, but overall this is a really well written film that kept me engaged from start to finish. The chemistry between Radnor and Olsen is especially good, and the strong supporting cast also help this film a lot. Definitely worth a watch. 7/10

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Liberal Arts
Really enjoyable film, I didn't know Josh Radnor had this much talent in him. The writing gets a little bit off track in parts, with some even being a bit too artsy for its own good, but overall this is a really well written film that kept me engaged from start to finish. The chemistry between Radnor and Olsen is especially good, and the strong supporting cast also help this film a lot. Definitely worth a watch. 7/10

Pretty much agree with that. I think you care about the relationship a lot more due to Olsen. It was a bit of slow starter, but I really warmth to it once it did get going, loved the bit where she convinces him to read Twilight and the debate which insues.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Dredd

A straight forward, beginning to end action film. I will admit, I know very little about the Judge Dredd comics, and as such enjoyed this movie a lot more than the Stalone movie, and I know some of the comics fans will agree with that statement at the very least. It had its faults, like the overuse of the slow down, but atleast it is explained as the designer drugs effects on the human body. I wouldn't really recommend this movie to everyone, but if you are looking to kill about 90 minutes, and enjoy more action than story, then I would make the effort to see it.

6/10

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Brooklyn's Finest

I actually really liked this movie, Good story, great acting a bit of action ... and the ending was perfect. 3.5/5

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Fast & Furious 6.

Since I went to the movie theater with a date I got to see this piece of crap. I mean I looked up and down that movie list for a Horror movie but these lame ass big budget movies forget to start their summer off with one. What a bunch of smurfs. From what I saw in this film, it was a complete mess. I didn't pay much attention until the end. I mean the last huge action scene with that airplane was so over the top and so long that I swear they weren't on the runway anymore. I can't condone such bullshit. And as far as I was concerned everyone died in this movie. I mean at one point The Rock jumps like 50 feet off some building so he's dead. Later we see folks jumpin' off that damn plane straight down into a car. I was like well that jump isn't possible so they all ended up splat on the pavement. I don't think I need to go into any further. So as I write this series is over... Oh wait that is right they always say this GONNA BE THEIR LAST TIME but if you watch the ending barbecue they say they know it's going to happen again. Just great. What now they gonna race Aliens?

3/10

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Watched these three recently

Cloud Atlas
This was so much fun to watch, but if you're going to then you really have to pay attention. It focuses around 6 different time periods and how one fairly unrelated person in the past could shape someone in the present's future. The way they had the actors play different parts in the time periods was great, Tom Hanks was pretty good, but Hugo Weaving was fucking awesome in all his parts, and man he was such a DICK in every lifetime, it was great. I can see why people didn't enjoy this film, but if you really pay attention, it's not hard to follow at all. It was a tad on the long side, but with the different storylines, I was okay with it because I wanted to see a resolution in them all.
8/10

End of Watch
This was pretty good as well, not a big fan of the documentary style movies, but this was better and they didn't do it for the whole movie. Jake G-word last name was pretty good in this, but I will forever know him as Homer Hickham, so I almost couldn't take him seriously. I was kinda' bored during this at times, but it was enjoyable and the ending was pretty crazy. Amy Adams was lookin' right though.
7/10

The Place Beyond the Pines
Oh man, this wasn't what I expected at all. I'm not gonna' give anything away in case some of you haven't seen this and it'd be really easy to spoil some things, but this was great. Cooper was a boss as usual, and the the way the movie changed focus on what the main point was a couple times (not in a bad way at all, seemed like a really natural progression) was really fun. I definitely recommend this one.
8.5/10

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Robots

Fun animated film from a few years back, voice cast was great, the animation was great, as per usual. The story is what always gets me though. This is a movie I never get tired of. if you haven't seen it, I strongly recommend it. Such a nice film.

9/10

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The Addams Family Values (1996) 6.5/10
More hit and miss than the lavish original, some the humour is just too over the top and relies less on the fine cast and characters and more on gimmicks. The children's antics at Summer camp steal the film, but Joan Cusack is very funny too. Its still quite good fun overall.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Looper
Finally getting around to watching this, so late, but whatever. This was amazing, better than I expected and I had fairly high expectations. I really enjoyed JGL in it, my man crush only got bigger. The concept was one of the better ones in the past few years, and I really liked how they went about time travel, that's always a sketchy subject to deal with in any medium of entertainment and usually one I don't care to watch because of the confusion. Really good movie, and the ending was pretty fucking awesome, I feel like I should have predicted it, but for some reason I didn't.
9/10