Summarize and Rate the Last Movie You Saw

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984)
Fun as always just like any Indy movie, I think it gets a entirely too much hate just because it isn't as good as Raiders of the Lost Ark or The Last Crusade, but it's still a real good movie in my opinion. Plus you had Kate Capshaw looking so hot towards the end. The little guy was great for comic relief too. Definitely the worst of the original trilogy, but I still found this really fun to watch.
8/10

Dr. No (1962)
First time seeing this one since I was like 13, better than I remember it actually. Sean Connery was in G.O.A.T. mode like always in this one, and Dr. No was a fun villain, though there will definitely be better ones. Even though there ended up being better Bond films, this one holds up nicely and was a great movie to start off this series.
7.5/10

Last edited:
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
Chernobyl Diaries

Summary: A group of "extreme tourists" ready to settle down, decide to go on one more tour and are met with wild beasts, radioactive environments, and...something else. It's well acted, the sets are so amazing that you forget that the movie only cost 1 mill to complete. It starts a bit slow, but it's worth it to develop the characters as much as they did. No cardboard stereotypes in this one.
In a year when horror movies are one overused plotline after another, one stands alone.

My score 9/10

AF.

Reaction score
Heat (1995)

What a movie. It was long, though great. I thought the second half of the movie was 10/10 stuff. Al Pacino and De Niro are bosses. Absolutely loved this movie and I'm glad I finally got around to watching it.

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
I saw Spring Breakers and thought it was pretty good and Selena Gomez was Hot(though she wasn't in it as much as i thought).

Nate

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
homicide
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Zombieland
220px-Zombieland-poster.jpg

Summary: It contains zombies, an awkward college kid, two con-sisters, a twinkie-obssessed cowboy and Bill Murry. 'Nuff said.

Review: It's a good comedy IMO, but it lacks a storyline. Still, it has four really great developed characters and it's definitely not a bad movie if you're looking for a decent comedy to help pass the time by.

Rating: 8. I'd give it a 7.5 but Bill Murry's special appearance boosted my rating to a solid 8.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I saw Spring Breakers and thought it was pretty good and Selena Gomez was Hot(though she wasn't in it as much as i thought).

She was a BITCH in it! Ashley Benson all the way :mark:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The Place Beyond the Pines (2013) 8/10
Like Derek Cianfrance's last film Blue Valentine this was a distinctive, surreal, unsettling and naturalistic film with some truly compelling performances. However it is a little more ambitious in its storytelling and in the final section it was a little ambitious, with the later devolopments a stretch too far. After a fairly simple plot in the first half the film, the second half was a more complex story involving themes of race, police conruption and the male ego, this makes for a more fascitining watch. Its not as good as Blue Valentine, but that was always going to be a hard act to follow, but it was very powerful and thought provoking thoughtout, the director is a major talent and this is in my top five films so far of the year.

From Russia With Love (1963) 9/10
Connery at his steeling, swerve best as Bond, the script is perfectly paced, there are nice action set pieces and it has all the hallmarks a classic Bond film should including good gags and impressive villians.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Iron Man 3
Not gonna' give away anything with this review since I'm sure lots of you haven't seen this yet, but I LOVED this movie so much, was a big improvement over the second one. Robert Downey, Jr. was just as awesome as he always is, especially the scenes with the kid. So much badassery throughout this.
9/10

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Iron Man 3
Enjoyable film. I don't know how much better this is than the second film, but judging from what I've seen from the first one Shane Black does a good job of staying true to the franchise. He kept it humour heavy, action packed, and gave Downey Jr. a lot of time outside the suit, which I'm sure he liked. There were still a few issues I had with the script though, particularly surrounding Tony Stark. I'll try and not give anything away, but there were many inconsistencies involving Stark's actions at some points and the amount of humour used throughout, which I felt could have been avoided. It's not the best Marvel movie ever made, or even the best Iron Man movie, but it's certainly a film that has its moments. 6/10

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Live and Let Die(1973)
Another fun Bond movie, I really enjoyed the change of atmosphere in this one with all the Harlem black guys being the main bad guys and such instead of some big foreign mastermind. All the New Orleans scenes were really well done, and the hick sheriff was hilarious, though the boat chase could have been cut a little bit shorter in my opinion. A lot of things could have been done better in this one however though and the climax wasn't near climatic enough. Had to get used to Roger Moore as Bond at first, but I felt he did a good job. And Solitaire was so hot :homer:
7/10

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The Fly (1986) 8/10

Cult classic from David Cronenberg who at this stage of his career was the master of body horror, social satire. Saw this at a special late night screening and while there were not that many people there the atmosphere was good and the film went down a treat. Jeff Goldblum and Geena Davis (WTF is she now?) give intellgient performances in a film which perfectly balances hammy, Sci-Fi belly laughs with a sinister tension and shocking setpieces. The characters are written with depth and the special effect make-up very impressive. Maybe one of the directors best films.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Cosmopolis

Cronenberg at his best, yet again. For every question that gets an answer in this movie, there are more questions raised, some scenes made me wonder if they were actually happening, or if they were hallucinations of the main character, "of this, I do not know". A great film if you enjoy the "what the fuck is going on" kind of movie.

9/10

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Cosmopolis

Cronenberg at his best, yet again. For every question that gets an answer in this movie, there are more questions raised, some scenes made me wonder if they were actually happening, or if they were hallucinations of the main character, "of this, I do not know". A great film if you enjoy the "what the fuck is going on" kind of movie.

9/10

Must have seen a different film from you. And I don't see it as "WTFIGO" movie because pretty much the same thing happens for most of the film just with random characters poping up here and there. If more had been made of the great supporting cast it would have been a better film. I found myself cut off from the world of the film and found the lead character dull, and no I don't think the Pattinson experment worked either.

I am a big Cronenberg fan so this was a painful watch, easily his worse ever film and I have seen all but one.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Must have seen a different film from you. And I don't see it as "WTFIGO" movie because pretty much the same thing happens for most of the film just with random characters poping up here and there. If more had been made of the great supporting cast it would have been a better film. I found myself cut off from the world of the film and found the lead character dull, and no I don't think the Pattinson experment worked either.

I am a big Cronenberg fan so this was a painful watch, easily his worse ever film and I have seen all but one.

The final scene with Paul Giamatti is admittedly the best part of the film, and its always good to see Bob Bainborough still getting work. I think it was intentional to not like the lead character, and to make most of the characters seem like they are out of touch with the world around them. I was glued to the events going on outside of the limo, and from the news cast on I couldn't figure out if what they showed in the movie, was actually what had happened due to the extreme violence depicted in the video, which had me questioning everything, like the seemingly advanced computer network that was set-up in the limo, and the odd attachments on the guns, but the relatively modern looking vehicles, and wardrobes put me off about the setting of the film.

It was a great movie, sorry you didn't enjoy it.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The final scene with Paul Giamatti is admittedly the best part of the film, and its always good to see Bob Bainborough still getting work. I think it was intentional to not like the lead character, and to make most of the characters seem like they are out of touch with the world around them. I was glued to the events going on outside of the limo, and from the news cast on I couldn't figure out if what they showed in the movie, was actually what had happened due to the extreme violence depicted in the video, which had me questioning everything, like the seemingly advanced computer network that was set-up in the limo, and the odd attachments on the guns, but the relatively modern looking vehicles, and wardrobes put me off about the setting of the film.

It was a great movie, sorry you didn't enjoy it.
Just to answer one point I have no issue with not engagin with the lead character if that is the point, but the trouble is I wasn't even draw into his world enough. IMO part of the reason I didn't care is because he was just so boring, unlikeable is one thing, boring is different.