Summarize and Rate the Last Movie You Saw

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Good Will Hunting
How the hell did Affleck and Damon write this film? It's absolutely fantastic. The script has so many memorable and heartfelt scenes, with the cast (especially Damon and Williams) doing an excellent job with each one of them. The film is also directed extremely well. For a film that has so many scenes of just two people talking to each other, he does a great job of pulling you in to each one. This is a film I could watch over and over again. 10/10

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Expendables 2.

JCVD as the villain was just awesome, it was like he didn't even need to try and be creepy. Chuck Norris making a Chuck Norris joke was one of the greatest scenes in the movie. The action was pretty non-stop with very few stops to progress a very simple story, and it was nice to see that the movie wasn't trying to take itself too seriously.

6.5/10. A solid action flick.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
How the fuck can you give The Expendables 2 a higher rating than The big Lebowski? NO!

The Last Action Hero:

Was a fun movie. Great concept really, I enjoyed the idea of movie characters coming into the real world. it was set in the perfect time too. I wasn't a huge fan of the cast chemistry(And yes, that is a very big deal for me!) a lot of the cheesy jokes were funny. I kind of half expected more punch lines to be honest.

7/10

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
i just watched The Incredible Burt Wonderstone online.

it is a fun family oriented film. Jim Carrey is doin' his THING that only he can pull off :) And BTW, Olivia is smokin' hot as usual!

fu** the critics!

monkeystyle

Reaction score
JFK (Director's Cut)

6/10

Interesting movie. I don't buy into the conspiracy theories at all but it's always fun to hear them.

Stone told his story very well but barely touched upon the points that debunk his theory. I suppose that's to be expected but I disliked it because I can't imagine how many people bought into the movie as gospel truth.

Regardless, it was a well acted movie and aside from the conspiracy nonsense, it was pretty decent.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
End of Watch:

Holy shit it's intense. From start to finish you just get the feel of a good cop flick. Jake Gyllenhaal and Michael Pena work so well off each other. They made you believe they were best buds. The movie follows 2 cops just trying to do their job when they pretty much find themselves in some pretty messed up gang shit. Some of the stuff is brutal in this, and I'm actually quite surprised they allowed some stuff in this movie. But it's got the action you want, a compelling story and honestly, it had me on the edge of my seat sometimes and cheering for the good guys. No movie has ever really done that for me before. Maybe it's the way it was filmed.

8/10

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Trance
I really enjoy Danny Boyle's work, and this film has everything you'd expect from him really. Unique shots, great cinematography, techno heavy soundtrack, it's all here. My only real problem with this film is that it gets a bit too tangled for its own good. The film takes so many twists and turns that you almost don't know what part of the story you're supposed to be watching. That said, its a film that still has a lot to enjoy about it. The story is strong despite some rough patches, it's shot very well, and McAvoy's performance is particularly good. 7/10

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Trance
I really enjoy Danny Boyle's work, and this film has everything you'd expect from him really. Unique shots, great cinematography, techno heavy soundtrack, it's all here. My only real problem with this film is that it gets a bit too tangled for its own good. The film takes so many twists and turns that you almost don't know what part of the story you're supposed to be watching. That said, its a film that still has a lot to enjoy about it. The story is strong despite some rough patches, it's shot very well, and McAvoy's performance is particularly good. 7/10

Been wrestling with wether to see this, am a big Boyle fan, but this on paper at least just seems pretty desposible.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Been wrestling with wether to see this, am a big Boyle fan, but this on paper at least just seems pretty desposible.

I'd say it's worth watching, especially if you're a Boyle fan. Just don't set your expectations too high for it, because it certainly isn't his best work.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
A ClockWork Orange 10/10
Kubrick's shocking, and subversive vision of british youth culture and the class system actually manages to merge a nasty and gritty feel, with an oddly funny and colourful aesthic. The lines between good and evil are finely blurred, the acting first rate and soundtrack deeply enriching. Along with Dr. Strangelove the director's masterpiece.

Saw this at a special late night screening at the Duke of York's (Brighton) last night, and in the coming weeks they are showing the likes of This Is Sperial Tap, The Fly (Cronenberg's version) and Blue Velvet, happy days!

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Sleuth (1972)
Oh man, this was amazing. I went into it not really knowing what to expect, just recorded it because a few days ago because it seemed like it'd be pretty good and I was blown away. I don't want to give away too much, but it had some awesome SWERVES in it, a couple that I saw coming due to the clues given, which I liked since I love figuring out mystery movies. Lawrence Olivier was a boss in this, and Michael Caine was even more of a BOSS, and it was fun seeing him before he was Alfred because that's all I've really seen him in.
9/10

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
^With Caine alone I'd check it out.

X-Men: First Class

I've never read a comic book in my life aside from Archie comics, so watching this movie was different for me than it was for comic book nerds 8D. I really enjoyed this film though. Kevin Bacon shows why he'll always make a better heel than a face really. Jennifer Lawrence doing her thang yo! This movie is entertaining, the small cameo by Wolverine was brilliant. Had me laughing for a while when I first saw the movie, now I always find myself saying his line with him. James McAvoy(sp?) was really good at portraying Professor X who I've only really seen played by Patrick Stewart in the original three. Michael Fassbender(again, sp?) made me a huge fan of his during this film. Just a great actor whom I can't wait to see in the next film.

8.5/10

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Moonrise Kingdom (2012)
Well this was definitely different, very fun to watch and I'd recommend it for sure, but I could see how some people might not enjoy it as much as I did. Bruce Willis, Edward Norton, and Bill Murray were all three phenomenal in this along with the main girl (Kara Hayward, I believe). One thing I really loved was how the children in the film were way more mature than the adults but still being childish, IDK it was weird and I can't really explain it.
7.5/10

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Moonrise Kingdom (2012)
Well this was definitely different, very fun to watch and I'd recommend it for sure, but I could see how some people might not enjoy it as much as I did. Bruce Willis, Edward Norton, and Bill Murray were all three phenomenal in this along with the main girl (Kara Hayward, I believe). One thing I really loved was how the children in the film were way more mature than the adults but still being childish, IDK it was weird and I can't really explain it.
7.5/10

Yeah Norton, Willis and of course Murray were great in that film..... what kinda ruined it for me was the main kid's voice, I wanted to reach through my screen slap him in the face and say "Stop it, just stop it.." definitely worth another watch though

AF.

Reaction score
X-Men First Class

Quite a good movie. Wouldn't consider it as good as X-Men 2 but it is definitely better than X-1 and X-3. I like the cast too. It's young, talented and fresh.

8/10

Sin City

Having known nothing about this movie other than it being a comic book I was pleasantly surprised. It's good that I finally decided to watch it now because a sequels coming soon. The Marv storyline was excellent and the best part of the movie.

9/10