Summarize and Rate the Last Movie You Saw

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AF.

Reaction score
Toy Story 3 is fantastic. Close to a perfect movie IMO.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The Dark Knight Rises (2012) 8/10
A very fitting conclusion to one of the greatest trilogies of all time and surely the greatest comic one. What I really liked about the story is the way they tied it altogether with the other three and brought it all back around. There were some very good twists towards again, the actions seqences were fantastic the visually style impressive and the last half an hour about as gripping as it gets.

I do have issues to start with it was too slow getting started which really for a third part it shouldn't be and yes Bane is a weak villian his voice is just so silly and he is not sinister enough compared to previous Batman villians. It would have been more interesting to have had the film built around a Batman/Cat Woman rivelly their scenes together were far more interesting. Also at times it did feel a bit too much like the Dark Knight (but not as good) they over indulged a bit with all that riddle, what does it all mean type speak.

Despite all this it was a truly outstanding experience with some very strong performances and characters. Bale was better here than in TDK possibly because he had more to do and because he was more Wayne than Batman. Michael Caine was very touching and Marion Cotillard once again proved why she is one of the greatest actresses working today. However the best two performances for me were Anna Hatahway who bought a very sly less angst ridden edge to Cat Woman she was fantastic and got the best line of film also when the guy asks if those heels make it hard to walk and she replies "I don't know (kicks him with said heels) do they?" and also Joseph Gordon-Levett as always was very engaging and charming.

Overall the weakest of the three but still very good.

Labyrinth (1986) 7/10
Saw a special screening of this at my local picture house this morning and boy did it bring back momeries from my childhood. Classic 80s cheese from the creative mind of Jim Henson, its so bad its actually really great fun. It works well and is creepy and has enough of a story for its target audience and is fun to look back on for people like me, interesting to how bad Jennifer Connelly once was although cute still (and I mean that in a none-sleezy way lol), David Bowie does his thing and the songs are great!

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Young Adult (2012) 7.5/10
While I have liked all of Jason Reitman's films up to now he does seem to really produce his best when Diablo Cody is his screenwriter. This is a nice twist on an old idea and rings painfully true to life, the film is very well writen with some entertaining lines and balenced characters. Charlize Theron is excellent as always and reinvents herself again, she is the heart of the film and it would not have been as good without her. The film has an interesting look at small town life, what is really sucess? as well as celebrity but others no easy asnwers cool soundtrack too.

Dr Strangelove - Or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb (1963) 9/10
Kebrick's provocative and very funny look at the cold war and the mess of it. Its features a dream comic cast at their best, the perfect mix of deadpan and hammy fun and great use of black and white photograghy. A perfect comedy.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Albert Nobbs (2011) 6.5/10
Worth seeing for Glenn Close's moving performance alone, there are also a fine supporting cast but at times they are not used to their best. It is an enjoyable and touching little film but at times it feels too televisional and not daring enough.

Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World (2012) 7.5/10
One of the suprises of the year so far. At best I expected it to be a guilty pleasure. I like Steve Carell and Keira Knightly is improving all the time but it just looked like a bit of mess and a unworkable idea, however thanks to two touching and very funny performances (Knightly does comedy really well) it just swepted me along. The key to the realtionship is that they are so different and oddball. Carell does that classic Bill Murray trick of being down beat and gloomy but in an entertaining and endering way and Knightly replaces the posh english school girl routine with a more grungy but likeable girl next door trick. It also has ramdon moments of darkness and some very funny commentary on how people would actually act if they knew the end of the world was coming. The soundtrack is effective also, for some this maybe a bit too cheesy but I loved it and can see myself taking in many repeat viewings on DVD.

Killswitch

Reaction score
Harry Potter and the Deadly Hallows part 1 - I've seen a couple of the Potter flicks, but I used to think these were lame Disney movies for kiddies. But sheeit. The older they get and the further along they get these are turning into dark movies. Not bad. I actually think I might watch Part 2 tonight. 3/5

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Expendables 2: 10/10
It was just freakin awesome and fun. It wasn't meant to be serious and it wasn't. It was meant to be actiony and it was. There were some corny parts of course but this was a fun movie. I enjoyed it. Had a few laughs. Good movie.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Expendables 2: 10/10
It was just freakin awesome and fun. It wasn't meant to be serious and it wasn't. It was meant to be actiony and it was. There were some corny parts of course but this was a fun movie. I enjoyed it. Had a few laughs. Good movie.

No comment. lol.

Electrick Children (2012) 4/10
Well this was a good idea on paper at least. Its about a 15 year old girl who lives in a religious community who after listening to a tape with a cover of Blondie's Hanging on the Telephone mysterying becomes pregnant, when her step father tries to marry her off she flies the village (with her brother in toe) and goes in search of the man who sung on the tape believing that he is the father. What should have been a colouful and charming coming of age story for me was a very dull, poorly written story, with a bland lead character and worse Julia Garner who played her was about the worse actress they could have picked. Rory Culkin is quite good through. I did get a tip off than the film might be poor when I saw 'and Billy Zane' on the credits, should have left the cinema then! lol.

Manhattan (1979) 9/10
Woody Allen at his best. A pure love letter to the city he loves, with powerful black and white photograhy and one of the most stiring scores in cinema history. The wit is all here and story wonderfully cast, but it is a far more gentle Allen character here who you believe in as a person, often in his other films
he is very funny but sometimes a bit too cold. The supporting cast are fantastic too.

Broadway Danny Rose (1984) 7/10
Not one Allen's best I don't think. It is another different part for him as he plays a bit of a weasle who it turns out as a big heart and again the romance is compelling, it just doesn't have the sharp story telling or gags of some his best films.

Tomorrow Never Dies (1997) 6.5/10
This is middle of the road Bond I think. The stunts are pretty good fun, the effects solid and there is good humour once again, but the Villian I thought was not great and the plot just never convinced me. I still think GoldenEye was Bronan's best Bond film, but this is entertaining enough.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Romy and Michele's High School Reunion (1997) 7.5/10
Enjoyable cheesefest from my teenage years, just sums up a certain era perfectly. It also proves what a underrated comic talent Janeane Garofalo is, shes awesome in. Likeable characters, good dumb fun and great music, what could be better?

Nostalgia For the Light (2012) 10/10
Won't go on about this too much as I couldn't do it justice. Its a chilian documentary about astronmery which connects to the history of the world and the tragic story of a group of women looking for the the body parts of their loved ones killed during Pinochet's regime. It is so moving, and just stunning and profound, who would have thought a film on astronmery would have been so good. Film of the year for me.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Universal Soldier: Regeneration

I am a fan of the first two movies in this trilogy. They are basic action films that have a cool story and some nice fights in it. I finally decided to get the third film that was made a decade after the second to see what it was like. Boy was I disappointed. The storyline is that some terrorists have kidnapped the Russian PM's children and have also managed to get hold of a Universal Soldier. US decide to go in and send in their four remaining Universal Soldiers. Without spoiling too much, some stuff happens, Russians unleash Dolph Lundgren and then the US get Van Damme back into the game. My issue with this movie was that it didn't have the pace of the first two and the production qualities are much lower. The storyline started off too personal with Van Damme's character and it just didn't fit in with the rest of the series. Really disappointed by this movie.

Rating: 3/10

AF.

Reaction score
Collateral

Kinda cool movie. Wasn't anything special though.

7.5/10

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Bernie.

Jack Black actually acts and this quirky comedy scores big imo 8/10

Dod Draper

Reaction score
The Dilemma

Very average, but better than I thought it was going to be. Says a lot about my expectations for this film. Vince Vaughn made it semi-watchable.

5.5/10

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Safe - Stars Jason Statham, on the oustide it looks like a generic action title, but when you watch it, is very entertaining and surprisingly good.

7/10