Summarize and Rate the Last Movie You Saw

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The Grey (2011) 6.5/10
Solid action thriller with Liam Neeison as a credible grizzly lead, there some good jump moments, although it is a little drawn out and some of male bounding stuff is a little heavy handed, but a watchable two hours entertainment.

Killswitch

Reaction score
Get Him to the Greek - P Diddy was fucking hilarious, but there was no way Jonah gets fucked in a stall by a hottie. The sound track was very good. RB did alot of his own singing. 3/5

Duke Nukem

Reaction score
Taking of Pelham 123
It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great. Just, meh. I was thrown off by Tony Sopranos' accent. 5/10

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Snowtown

This film is about a set of murders that occured in South Australia during the 90's, they are referred to as the Snowtown murders because some of the bodies were left in barrels in a disused bank in Snowtown. With this film one actor was hired to play the lead role of the serial killer John Bunting but the rest of the actors in the film were regular people picked off the street that lived in and around the area. One of my cousins is actually in the film, he plays Robert Wagner, never acted before but looks like a serial killer lol. It is really strange watching this movie because I live near the area where this occured and I know some of the landmarks, in fact I live really close to where some of the bodies were buried. It is a dark film and it tells the story of a young man being brought into the group to participate in killing these people. The reason why these people are killed are because they think that they are paedophiles and homosexuals. There are some heavy moments in the film but it isn't anywhere near as gruesome as I expected and I think that they do it really well. It is a very well made film and feels so real because of the way casting was done.

8/10

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Yeah that is one very much on my to see list from last year, have heard very good things.

Killswitch

Reaction score
Tower Heist - I liked it. Nothing great. Not super hilarious. Just a fun little caper movie with a solid cast. Michael Pena really needs to star in something for once. Dude is money. 3/5

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
The Woman in Black- 4/10

Woman who kills children dies but continues to kill kids all the while fucking with Harry Potter. I found it boring. The parts that were supposed to be scary were predictable I think I'd get more sense of being entertained out of an episode of Ghost Hunters on Syfy.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I still have that to see. It is from the director of Eden Lake so I expect it to be pretty decent. Although casting Redcliffe as the lead does seem a bit of a mis-step.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Like Crazy (2012) 7/10
A well played small budget drama starring raising English actress Felicity Jones as a brit studying in the US who falls in love with a fellow student, but then encounters problems when she breaks her visa rights and is forced to return to the UK. The film takes on many twists and turns as the couple decide weather their relationship is worth fighting for. The acting is very good, much of the interactions are believable and it has a naturalistic feel to it. I did find the central characters too annoying at times and found that I didn't really want to end up together. Also there are too many plot twists near the end. But on the whole it is intellgeint and actually quite dark in places.

Lord of the Flies (1962) 5/10
Diserppointing screen version of William Goldings famous novel. It was hard to follow at times, rarely was it dark or scary enough and some of the young actors were very bad.

Andy

Reaction score
The Lorax 6.5/10
Albeit being somewat tedious with its many musical numbers, the film portrayed a good message of protecting the enviornment by utilizing great CGI whilst having a nice cast of voice actors. Any and all portions of the film that were not music numbers were good and well-played out. Action was a pretty big part of the film toward the end and became slightly monotonous. However, it was very enjoyable.

Killswitch

Reaction score
The Sugarland Express - Goldie Hawn is awesome. Some of the editing is quite poor but ultimately forgivable because of the compelling plot. Entertaining story based on true events. 4/5

Andy

Reaction score
The Hot Chick - Rather enjoyable for a Schneider/Sandler collab. A shitty freak friday. Normally, I don't think their films are that funny, but the bad acting, in conjunction with the crazy antics, make the film hilarious. 5/10

Lewb

Reaction score
21 Jump Street

Not a fan of Jonah Hill... and didnt think I was a fan of Channing Tatum, but this film sold Tatum for me. Hill still gets on my nerves but he's good in this film. A lot of cliche comedy but a lot of it was really good.

8/10

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The Artist (2011) 8/10
Simply spellbounding. Charming, good old fashioned storytelling, the lead actor was great (although Clooney was still rubbed of the Oscar) and the music was excellent. Not the masterpiece it has been made out to be, the plot does get a little thin towards the end, but still a joy.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Benny's Video (1992) 7/10
Impressive and low key drama about a teenage boy turning to violent and other such actions due to watching a collection of video tapes. The film is just as much about the class system as it
his relationship with his parents as his over imagative mind. It is well acted, and has a very cold and chilling tone. At times it does wander about a bit too much and not every part of the story is
quite engaging. Not the director's best, but a very worth while cult bit of viewing.