Summarize and Rate the Last Movie You Saw

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Crash (1996) 10/10
A flawless masterpiece screen version of J.G. Ballard's creepy novel. The film is one of my favourite films and the books of my favourite books, how often does that happen?

Killswitch

Reaction score
Miami Vice - Looking back, it wasn't really as good as I expected, but I did enjoy it. Not a lot is there beyond first glance. Stylistically it was great. Colin Farrell was pretty horrible as always and his accent was hard not to mock. 8/10

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Zombie Girl The Movie (2009) 7.5/10
Charming documentary following a teenage girls attempts to make her own low budgit horror film, with the aid of her loyal mum. The subject matter is a very impressive, single minded person who you want to succeed thoughout and later in the film as they battling to get the project finished, you really start to feel the tension. An unexpected gem.

The Apartment (1960) 10/10
Expectly written, black comedy following an office working who loans his appartment to senior excutives for them to host women, but things take a turn when a woman Baxter likes gets involved. Some very sharp observations about the gender politics of the 60's, and a tender underdog story about a everyday guy attempting to make it to the top of his professional, as well as impress the girl of his dreams. The performances are excellent, and each scene is carefully built up, with wonderful one liners, and great emotion. An master class.

Killswitch

Reaction score
American Gangster - Even though this film had a running time of over 2 and half hours, I’d say it needed to be longer, maybe even a mini-series like the Godfather. Chiwetel Ejiofor is really underused, and we don’t really get to know the rest of Richie Roberts 70s version of The Untouchables, only being briefly introduced for them. Maybe with more time there also could've more of an examination of the moral quandary that should've been the heart of this film. Because Frank Lucas in many ways isn't much different from many other entrepreneurs who made their own way with their own code of how things are done, but the movie seems to want to have its cake and it eat too. It celebrates Lucas' rise as something boldly American while lightly condemning it. 7/10

BadBooking

Reaction score
The Blues Brothers (1980): The classic story of two men on a mission from God, trying to get $5K for a church in need. While running from cops, Nazis, and making some awesome music across the way. 9/10 (if anyone is wondering, I was watching the theatrical cut on the Blu-ray.)

Duke Nukem

Reaction score
Law Abiding Citizen
Laughable. Really. Could have shut it off after 20 mins, but the ridiculousness of it all made me stay until the end. The big reveal was simply hilarious. 1/5.

Killswitch

Reaction score
Superman Returns - This movie starts off slow, but it's overall very well done. Once the action starts, you get that heart racing extreme that Superman gave you even when you were reading the comic books. The acting is well done, and the effects amazing. This movie delivers where it was supposed to. Then comes the length. The movie does drag a bit in the beginning and the end, but overall the rather lengthy time length is justified. Overall, good movie. 4.5/5

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
127 Hours 7.5/10
Just as compelling as when I first saw it at the cinema.

Killswitch

Reaction score
Drive Angry - Mr Cage returns from Hell to hunt down his granddaugter and the killer of his daughter. The acting was horrendous, but the violence was pretty good. This movie was a 3D, so seeing it normally was sorta odd. 2/5

It would have received a 1, but there was a pleasant amount of tits.

Duke Nukem

Reaction score
The Green Hornet: Decent movie while stoned, not great. 3D was highly unnecessary. Download it.

Killswitch

Reaction score
Nacho Libre - I laughed once during the entire film, and I'm pretty sure it was at some unintentional comedy. Jack Black speaking in a Spanish accent? Hilarious! Except not. What a lame movie. 1/10

Killswitch

Reaction score
Warrior.

Epic.

A million out of 900k.

I agree.

Warrior - I'm surprised no one has mentioned this movie yet. I just saw it and it exceeded my expectations. I'm not a fan of MMA, but I thought this movie was great. I don't know how realistic or believable the fighting scenes were because I have a hard time believing that Joel Edgerton could beat Kurt Angle in a fight, but I guess anything's possible. This was just a great underdog fight movie in the vein of Rocky with great acting performances all around. 4.5/5

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I agree.

Warrior - I'm surprised no one has mentioned this movie yet. I just saw it and it exceeded my expectations. I'm not a fan of MMA, but I thought this movie was great. I don't know how realistic or believable the fighting scenes were because I have a hard time believing that Joel Edgerton could beat Kurt Angle in a fight, but I guess anything's possible. This was just a great underdog fight movie in the vein of Rocky with great acting performances all around. 4.5/5

Well surely it wasn't legit fighting or anything but the fighting was done so well and I got it on blu ray so I looked at some of the specials and they actually went to Greg Jackson's camp to help train and learn how to do the stuff properly. And they actually had to do the running and everything. They trained like actual MMA fighters. So yeah they put some real time into it and worked real hard to make it look good.

And also... I think he could beat Kurt in real life :p