Storyline ideas for if/when CM Punk were to return

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

endicotton

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
I highly doubt he will be back, unfortunately it looks like they've done what they did with Chris Benoit and completely erased Punk from the WWE.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I highly doubt he will be back, unfortunately it looks like they've done what they did with Chris Benoit and completely erased Punk from the WWE.

lol what? Punk's still on the roster on the website, so whether he left or not, he hasn't got the Benoit treatment.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Benoit treatment? That's a bit extreme :lmao

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Benoit treatment? Walking out like a spoiled kid not getting his way and killing your wife and 7 year old son are not the same fucking thing.

Jesus these Benoit marks act like he is a victim.

endicotton

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
I meant Benoit treatment as in being forgotten about by WWE, obviously NOT as in what they did was the same or anything like that... probably bad choice of wording though grant you that lol

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Deserved to be forgotten, anyone who tries act like it's this big shame he isn't in the hof have their heads in the sand or somewhere else.

But that's neither here or there. CM Punk joins the kiss my ass club after he puts over Santino is my suggestion.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Make him wigger up like Cena in 2002, and have him as PTP's mascot.

Snitsky comes back and gives Punk 'Lita's dead baby'.

Feud commences. Punk adopts Snitsky's old foot fetish gimmick and tags with Heidenreich. 3 months later Punk leaves citing burnout.

WWE unveil a new seg called "Bad Apple" (Carlito co-host optional) where Punk is stuck in the in ring and has to slander as many dead wrestlers as he can while avoiding rotten fruit thrown at him by their families, who are playing lumberjacks outside ring.

Vince Russo comes back in a "Best in the World" Tee, sits on the ramp and shoots on Punk for stealing his WCW gimmick.

Punk comes out sobbing, apologizes to Russo and says he owes his whole career to him. Russo says that in WCW, Punk wouldn't of made it past cruiserweight matches against Evan Karagias, and should kiss the McMahons' asses for pushing him beyond his means.

Punk agrees and immediately resigns stating he didn't deserve to step in the same ring such illustrious wresttlers like Max Moon and Repo Man have been in. The crowd applauds, this is the most over Punk has ever been.

Triple H is centre stage, ripping into the fat smarks in the crowd, calling them deformed virgins and 'Hills Have Eyes' extras.

HHH sighs and mutters that the WWE is nearly bankrupt. He goes on to say that with Daniel Bryan at the top of the card, the share price has halved, ratings are down to a 0.2 and they made a $500m loss in the last quarter.

"This cannot go on! We made a mistake signing so many vanilla midgets, nobody wants to see guys who look like malnourished checkout workers kicking each other"

Punk's music hits and he comes out in an ice cream truck.

"Did somebody say VANILLAA?"

He throws his personalised ice cream bars at Trips, having his Stone Cold moment before Raw is cancelled the following week. WWE's tape library is bought by ROH a year later for $5000.

The 2014 draft sends Punk to UFC in exchange for Chael Sonnen.

Punk gets his ass kicked by John Moraga. Sonnen becomes the biggest draw of the 21st century.

Punk retires, broken down and resorting to making RF Video shoots with Iron Sheik & Honky Tonk Man to pay the bills.

Punk has a year long world title reign, midcarding TV and curtain jerking PPV's.

Oh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Lol ROH has $5000.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Been thinking about this a lot, honestly, and I think there's really only one route to take.

Vince needs to quietly re-sign CM Punk. Keep him on the shelf until Survivor Series.

Come Survivor Series, Daniel Bryan is your WWEWHC and he is in a feud with Bray Wyatt for the title. Bryan gets a quick roll-up win in the match, only to be destroyed by the Wyatt Family. They put him through a table, they continue beating him. Bray hits Sister Abigail. He poses over Bryan's lifeless body.

*Static, Cult of Personality*

CM Punk walks out, crowd erupting, the Wyatt Family ready... Punk makes his way to the ring, all business. Bray Wyatt is ready for war. Punk gets up on the apron, gets in the ring, and outsmarts The Wyatt Family. He dumps Rowan & Harper over the ropes, he hits Bray with a swinging neckbreaker, and goes for GTS, but Bray slips away and heads up the ramp. Punk checks on Bryan, grabs the belt and hands it to him, starts a Yes! chant for Bryan and raises his arm. They get out of the ring, and Punk grabs Bryan and tosses him into the ringpost. Punk beats Bryan down all around ringside. Punk locks in Anaconda Vice on the outside while officials try to separate them. Punk finally releases and takes the belt and poses on the ramp as they cut the show.

Punk doesn't show up on Raw the next night, or the following week, or the week after. It isn't until the RAW before TLC that Punk shows up and issues his challenge to Bryan for the WWEWHC at TLC in a ladder match where Punk picks up the title and Bryan wins the Rumble and Mania 31 is booked.

Reactions: PHX and Keith

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I personally can't think of any reason why WWE would bring him back. He's a slacker, and whines too much. They have other hard workers who can do the same job.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Been thinking about this a lot, honestly, and I think there's really only one route to take.

Vince needs to quietly re-sign CM Punk. Keep him on the shelf until Survivor Series.

Come Survivor Series, Daniel Bryan is your WWEWHC and he is in a feud with Bray Wyatt for the title. Bryan gets a quick roll-up win in the match, only to be destroyed by the Wyatt Family. They put him through a table, they continue beating him. Bray hits Sister Abigail. He poses over Bryan's lifeless body.

*Static, Cult of Personality*

CM Punk walks out, crowd erupting, the Wyatt Family ready... Punk makes his way to the ring, all business. Bray Wyatt is ready for war. Punk gets up on the apron, gets in the ring, and outsmarts The Wyatt Family. He dumps Rowan & Harper over the ropes, he hits Bray with a swinging neckbreaker, and goes for GTS, but Bray slips away and heads up the ramp. Punk checks on Bryan, grabs the belt and hands it to him, starts a Yes! chant for Bryan and raises his arm. They get out of the ring, and Punk grabs Bryan and tosses him into the ringpost. Punk beats Bryan down all around ringside. Punk locks in Anaconda Vice on the outside while officials try to separate them. Punk finally releases and takes the belt and poses on the ramp as they cut the show.

Punk doesn't show up on Raw the next night, or the following week, or the week after. It isn't until the RAW before TLC that Punk shows up and issues his challenge to Bryan for the WWEWHC at TLC in a ladder match where Punk picks up the title and Bryan wins the Rumble and Mania 31 is booked.

Great idea! You should work in WWE creative my friend, but then you think long term so probably wouldn't qualifer...

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Yeah great idea, make him second fiddle to the guy who is more over than him.

Guessing replace Orton with CM punk and that fall storyline would've been brilliant.

Kahuna

Reaction score
Who in their right mind that understands how the wrestling business works honestly cares tbh? Im replying because I see a lot of people from all over the world going nuts for Mr. Brooks. The fact of the matter is he took his ball and went home, and even if this turns out to be some rehashed 2011 angle where he comes back and has another summer of CM Punk, I won't give two shits. The guy had a golden road paved out for him and he decided to sit down and crawl or get pushed as opposed to run the miles to the end of the line. If he comes back, he comes back, if not, I won't care.

People act like he is the best thing in WWE today and that his going home is something that HAS to be fixed, he HAS to return. Otherwise WWE will surely perish and lose a top draw and millions of dollars without him. He is not the SCSA of this era, nor is he of the calibre of Hogan-esque. As bad as this sounds, he isn't even on the level of Scott Hall or Kevin Nash when they left. Punk has nowhere to go and nothing to do to hurt the WWE by leaving. He is losing out, not WWE. The business will do fine with or without him and whether or not he comes back is trivial in my mind. WWE will move forward and Punk will probably go to UFC/MMA events and try to create a buzz for himself or venture into some other event where he would be a focal point.

I don't know whats going on, none of us do, but if I was Vince McMahon or even Triple H for that matter, and this happened, I would look at Punk and say "Hey, We've pushed and wiped bigger stars and more professional workers off the WWWF/WWF/WWE map years before you even knew how to throw your skinny fat ass against the ropes for more reasonable and even for lesser things. I'd tell you to ask Randy Savage, ask Hogan, ask Sammartino, ask Razor Ramon, ask Flair, ask Bret. Go ahead, ask guys who sold out arenas all over the continent and the world for me - even during a period where MY company was liable to go down the fucking toilet. I said fuck you to those guys when they said fuck you to me and didn't wanna/couldn't play ball, when those guys leaving would and could and DID actually HURT the company. I will say fuck you to you to. When you wanna talk business and when you realize you are not as big as you think you are, give me a call and we will work something out."

Vince always has that upper hand.

I think it was, oddly enough to bring him into this, Paul Heyman who said in an interview with Michael Landsberg's "Off The Record" on TSN about 8 or 9 years ago that if he(Vince McMahon) felt it was right for business, Vince would bring anyone back, at the snap of a finger. He referred to Bret Hart, and whaddya know, Bret was brought back. Just like that.

If/when he comes back, it will be Vince McMahon who has the final say and Punk will come back when he is to stop being a little bitch. I just wanna say this is why Vince McMahon shouldn't worry at all about this little temper tantrum for one of his top guys running home unprofessionally when he didn't like the fact that he wasn't getting the main event at mania over guys who WWE is bias for. Wah wah, WWE always has a bias. Its a business. Sorry they don't feel you are worth putting over a returning superstar who easily drew crazy money in his prime, probably more than you have drawn since your Chicago push. Sorry they don't feel you are better than everyone on the roster as you do. Get over it. Someone else will get the opportunity.

tl;dr?

Punk leaving is not the be all end all for WWE, its an eye-roll worthy situation, its not a loss for the guys in the back and the fans and "the voice" of new superstars despite how some fans feel. Punk isn't hurting anybody, Vince can easily say "fuck you, come back when youre not being a bitch." and has had bigger stars walk out and leave only to have the WWE become bigger and stronger, and in all honesty, if hes gone, let someone else get a nod.

Storyline idea for Punk's return? Have him booked to win the title in Chicago off Batista, then have Vince and AJ come out and screw him in Chicago. Then after have them bend AJ Lee over and double-dip her right in front of Punk.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deezy

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
It's funny how when Austin took his ball and went home and acted like a huge bitch, people didn't care. And he is still considered one, if not the best, of all time. He even refused to put people over.

Punk is just burnt out and upset over current product, and didn't refuse to push someone like Austin did. Good for him for being able to walk away. A no one pull that "But he can't draw like Austin" shit. Austin was around during the best and highest rated time in WWE history. It wasn't just him drawing. Undertaker was in his prime, Triple H was, Angle, Jericho, Rock, Kane, Mr.McMahon. Now the product is watered down, restricted, and Punk has no one to help him draw. Just Cena. Bryan and Orton to a less extent. No wonder ratings are down from the attidude area.

Pinning low ratings on ONE guy out of a roster of 60+ men is such a narrow, ignorant, and straight up Blue theory that holds no ground. Punk took his ball and rent home. Like Austin did. Apparently no one on this forum has ever had a job they hated and had enough balls to just walk away. Fact is, Punk doesn't need WWE. And WWE doesn't need Punk. Now he's got millions of dollars, and can just enjoy life. As I say again, good for Punk.