Storyline ideas for if/when CM Punk were to return

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Wrestling Addict

Reaction score
Lets say Punk and WWE work things out, how would you go about tying it into WWE storylines?

Here's my idea and I'm going to ramble on so bare with me please.

Bryan beats trips at mania. He goes into extreme rules in Seattle to challenge Batista who will prolly will the belt at mania. It's face vs face but trips interfers and screws Bryan which has Batista turning heel to join the authority. Batista celebrates with triple h and whatnot and they leve. Bryan grabs the mic while on his knees in the ring and does a work shoot saying that's why CM punk went home because of bullshit like that and he's tired of it too. He says what's the point of busting his ass day after day and being the most popular superstar in wwe if he gets screwed out of what means everything to him and that's the title. He says it's bs that the rock and Batista can come back and get a title run while he busts his ass in the ring and they make movies. He says he's following in punks steps and he's not getting on that wwe plane. He's staying there at home in Washington. The next night on Raw. Cesaro does the same thing and says he's not been pushed either and whatnot and Cesaro says he's going home to Switzerland. Then the shield breaks up and reigns is the obvious main eventer. Ambrose and Rollins do a promo saying that they carried reigns before he became a superstar and they get tossed to the side while reigns because the next big thing. They leave too and say they r going back to the indies. This is all around may and June. Triple h says he doesn't give a damn because none of them were anything. He brings up guys from nxt to fill their spot. He says he can't make it to all events because of his busy schedule in the office. He says Maddox has done a horrible job and fires him. He names Paul heyman the new gm of the wwe and will be in charge when the authority is not around. Until summerslam they push Batista, orton, Cena, Lesnar, Sheamus, and reigns. All the big guys and ones who triple h thinks looks the part of being the face of the company.

Come summerslam the main event is Lesnar vs Batista for the belt. Everyone that quits invades the building, and attacks Lesnar and Batista making it a no contest and they just completely beat the shit out of them and the fans go crazy. The next night on raw Triple h shows up and throws a fit. He says there's no way in hell they could have gotten through his security. He goes off on heyman and heyman says next week on raw we will have a rematch and lumberjacks will surround the ring so that there is no interference. Lesnar wins and challenges any of those guys to come back for one night and face him. He will even put his title on the line. Of course triple h hates the idea because he doesn't want one of them to win an take the belt. But heyman has a plan. He tells triple h to seek out to those guys and tell them they can come back for one night and one night only and choose between there selves which one will challenge Lesnar for the belt at night of champions. However they have to sign a contract stating if the man they choose loses the match that none of them will ever be allowed to wrestle again, not in the wwe not in the indys, not in TNA, ROH, or even japan. Triple h likes the idea and the next week he announces that he reached out to them and they agreed.

They chose Daniel Bryan and at night of champions it will be Bryan vs Lesnar for the belt and if Bryan loses, him, punk, Cesaro, Ambrose and Rollins will never wrestle again. Anyway come night of champions Bryan wins because heyman comes out and screws Lesnar. He says it was all his plan because he knows how big of draws these guys were and if triple h wouldn't push them then he as a promoter would and would run wwe out of business because he will start a new promotion with those guys being his top stars and the main title in the fed will be the wwe title. He says it would become bigger than the wwe and that now Bryan is champion and none of them have contracts, he quits too and there's not a damn thing the wwe can do about it because they made the match knowing Bryan didn't have a contract so the belt is now there's.

After weeks and weeks triple h begs them to come back because they have his title. Eventually he persuades them with big contracts and they all return to feud with Batista, orton, Lesnar, reigns, Sheamus, and Cena. They are a tweener faction led by heyman and Sami Zane and Adrian Neville from nxt join them.

This would lead until around middle to end of October and I haven't thought of where to go from there. Trust me I don't intend any of you to take the time out to go into detail and post in depth of how you would have things pan out. This was just something I thought of in the shower off the top of my head and wanted you guys to think about how you would use Punk leaving the WWE into a storyline if he were to return.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
WWE brings back Confidential on the network, bury the fuck out of him, he comes back for one night and Trips gives him a pedigree and Vince fires him in the middle of the ring or he kisses his ass.......choice is all his from there.

Reactions: The Cork

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Punk and Bryan turn gay in a Billy & Chuck style tandem.

Then bring in the Westboro Baptist Church to be all "god hates fags", that should finally get Punk over.

Reactions: Nate

The Wrestling Addict

Reaction score
I was wanting this to be a serious thread, not one for you guys to shit all over, but that's fine because apparently you guys don't recognize talent just like the wwe.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
He comes back after "visiting his doctor" stating he can no longer wrestle Ala Edge. He then joins Cole on commentary, effectively phasing out both JBL and Lawler more and more each week.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I was wanting this to be a serious thread, not one for you guys to shit all over, but that's fine because apparently you guys don't recognize talent just like the wwe.
What talent do you speak of? He said he was the best at everything, but delivered nothing but duds, to paraphrase Jay-Z "dude had a spark when he started, but now he just garbage".

Guy has been Kanye West, he says how great he is, but don't deliver on the finished product.

The Wrestling Addict

Reaction score
Because of how he is being booked lately. When wwe turns him face, they portray him as a stale baby face hero just like John Cena. Look at his tweener work in the summer of 2011. Look at his stuff as World Heavyweight Champion and with the Straight Edge society. Go watch his matches in OVW with Brent Albright. Go watch his run as ROH champion and his ROH stuff before that. Have you seen any of the Punk/Joe matches? If you haven't, then go watch it. Some of the best matches of the decade.

The Wrestling Addict

Reaction score
Because of how he is being booked lately. When wwe turns him face, they portray him as a stale baby face hero just like John Cena. Look at his tweener work in the summer of 2011. Look at his stuff as World Heavyweight Champion and with the Straight Edge society. Go watch his matches in OVW with Brent Albright. Go watch his run as ROH champion and his ROH stuff before that. Have you seen any of the Punk/Joe matches? If you haven't, then go watch it. Some of the best matches of the decade.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I said he had a spark when he started, which means I thought he was alright initially , but the guy was given the keys to the car and he didn't do anything but coast down a straight stretch, he didn't move the needle.

Also him and Cena wee better than punk and joe.

The Wrestling Addict

Reaction score
If you think him and Cena were better than Punk vs Joe 1 and 2, then you must not have seen the Punk/Joe matches in full. Not saying the matches with Cena were bad but there's really no comparison.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Just because you go an hour doesn't mean it's a classic, hell Tommy Rich used to do that and nobody ever remembers his matches....or him for that matter.

And I did see those matches, when everybody raves about something, you kind of have to.....didn't think much of it besides these two need to stop chaining shit together and maybe they wouldn't need so many rest breaks.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Can we like not have a derailed thread already? Thought it would at least get to page 2 before that happened and only took like 2 replies.

Anyways I don't really have a full idea in mind for what he could do if he cameback so will have to comeback later to that. As for the idea you almost killed it for me with the Lumberjack match since I despise lumberjack matches but overall it's not that bad even though I'm not overly crazy about the idea of going full indy guys stable vs big guys stable type thing.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Option 1 -
14japec.jpg
Personally I'd go Miz coming out in Chicago dressed in the gear and to Cult of Personality since punk has given him years of shit! and they could relaunch the heel character which had fan interest. That mini flair face shit has killed his stock. Giving him a mic in Chicago and saying shoot could work if he walked that line and said he was more professional despite his spot on the card, a better champ in Kayfabe, etc as he actually was good enough and main evented WM. It just seems like a place you can make a heel, or relight the fire to one and Miz is that guy since people did watch

Option 2 -
2ecnq5j.png
They could actually call up Cory Graves. Tatted up, look that's mildly similar, and go with the whole stay down thing. Even give him This Fire Burns and let him mock punk if they wanted to about his fire for wrestling and fighting the man going out while his never will

LOL AT ME OF ALL PEOPLE NOT DERAILING THE THREAD; FUCK THAT SHIT

Option 3 -
989cnl.jpg

Last edited: