Stardom Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
054F010165957E9B46890F1351150D2D

Watch Session #1

- I think its a massive shame that Triangle Derby is just going to be one day tournament. Last year's tournament was a lot of fun, at least I enjoyed it.

- Rookie of Stardom tournament running at the same time though, is a novel idea. One day, two tourneys.
- First match of the Rookie was enjoyable enough. Both Joshi got some real potential for the future, honestly looking forward to seeing HANAKO again though. And she didn't dissapoint, she really is a hulking unit. Real dangerous for the rest of the rookies on what she can bring in terms of power.

- Lady C vs. Hina. Another interesting singles match to look forward too.
- This interior Queen's Quest match has been a solid watch so far and Lady C then goes and claims the win.
- Her development overall has really been great, and all it will take is a big push and she could rocket up the card.

Triangle Derby 2024 First Round Match
Crazy Star (Mei Seira & Suzu Suzuki) & Megan Bayne vs. Queen's Quest (AZM, Saya Kamitani & Utami Hayashishita)

- This match has all the elements to be really fucking great! Queen's Quest finest three members on one side. The Crazy Stars and Megan Bayne on the other. That is some high star shit right there!
- Megan is a true amazon!
- Mei Seira is so fast and high impact. I love it!
- Saya Kamitani is such a great talent. I really do see a World Title in her future.
- This is a great match to start the Derby.
- Bayne just tossing AZM out of the ring like she was nothing. WOW WOW WOW!
- It ended in a draw? Say what? What does that even mean considering this is an elimination tournament.
- I guess they are both eliminated, including the Goddess of Stardom Champions.

Oedo Tai (Momo Watanabe, Natsuko Tora & Starlight Kid) vs. STARS (Hanan, Mayu Iwatani & Saya Iida)

- Momo, Tora and SLK! Lets fucking gooooooooooooooooooooo!
- Iida continues to be one of those talent that I feel would be a great heel, and needs to turn sooner rather than later.
- I feel like Iwatani has been thrown a stone with the IWGP title, but that its sort of stopping her from being more. Such a talented wrestler.
- They really need to push SLK to the fucking moon. She has too much talent to not get a sniff of the Wonder belt at least.
- This match is making me really wish, they'd gone for the full length tournament. They are so much fun.
- A great ending by Momo. OEDO TAI ARE GOING ALL THE WAY! Maybe?

Oedo Tai (Fukigen Death, Rina & Ruaka) vs. God's Eye (Ami Sourei, MIRAI & Syuri)

- Another great match on the cards here, although I see no way that God's Eye don't advance.
- Fukigen Death as a character is actually hilarious. A world where her and Danhausen meet - could result in the end of the world as we know it.
- MIRAI will 100% what to have a strong showing after losing her belt. I expect a big impact here.
- The lariat actually ended the contest. Just what the Doctor ordered!

Triangle Derby 2024 Semi Final Match
Oedo Tai (Momo Watanabe, Natsuko Tora & Starlight Kid) vs. God's Eye (Ami Sourei, MIRAI & Syuri)

- I guess we are going to have the semi final match right now.
- Things getting violent and the going towards the back.
- Momo just pulling the rope in front of the referee. HEEL TACTICS!
- There seems to be a large amount of anger in this match.
- SLK directing traffic and really need to become a figurehead.
- Count out loss! Wow God's Eye advance to the final. That match was chaotic.

Reactions: Rosie

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD

Watch Session #1

- They really need to push SLK to the fucking moon. She has too much talent to not get a sniff of the Wonder belt at least.

giphy.webp

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Welp the big thing coming out of the New Years Stars Show is Giulia disbanding DDM and seemly she is leaving Stardom. I wonder who she drops the New Japan Strong Title too I don't need get together to Maika rather see it to a talent who could need a major push and AZM, Starlight, or Natsupoi could be great Champions.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl

Watch Session #2

Eight Man Tag Team Match

7Upp (Nanae Takahashi & Yuu), Hazuki & Saki Kashima vs. Cosmic Angels (Saori Anou & Yuna Mizumori), Maika & Mina Shirakawa
- This is a stacked eight man tag match. I'm always flying with the Angels. And then you got MAIKA! and MINAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
- OMG. Its Saki Kashima. I was trying to lace her new look for a while. Looked completely different.
- Love me some Mina!
- The new Wonder of Stardom Champion - ANOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU!
- And the new WORLD OF STARDOM CHAMPION - MAIKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
- Mina has such a large amount of charisma even before the bell sounds she is bringing it.
- The World Champion enter the ring and is already looking like the most dangerous woman in the entire world.
- Send in Shirakawa! This loco lady isn't scared of anything or anyone.
- Only last year Yuna was teaming up with 7UPP for the whole of the Derby, seems like a beautiful transition for her overall development to be on the other team this time round.
- And then two monsters of the match show they are former champions and a real wrecking ball force.
- Match is great entertainment (enjoying it as my first match of the day for sure).
- Saki actually claimed the win, out of nowhere.
- Anou and Hazuki staring each other down. Mina fighting with Nanae. Chaotic.
- Stardom is not scared to see their major singles champions take losses in tag team matches. This is why Stardom tag matches are so entertaining nothing is guaranteed. No one is safe.

Rookie Of Stardom 2023 Final Match
HANAKO vs. Yuzuki

- HANAKO has to win this match. This is what is best for business!
- This is was a decent enough singles match, and a really opportunity for both of them to shine.
- I don't thin Yuzuki was the best option here, I don't even think she is the best wrestler. But shrugs shoulders and congratulations to Yuzuki on the victory.

Artist Of Stardom Title Triangle Derby 2024 Final Match
Donna del Mondo (Giulia, Mai Sakurai & Thekla) (c) vs. God's Eye (Ami Sourei, MIRAI & Syuri)

- As much as I hate to say it. I really could see DDM dropping the belts here. It is as good a time as any, for a belt change to take place and perhaps would save some prestige for the Derby as this one-day setup doesn't help the reputation from last year.
- The win would be great for Syuri, but MIRAI would get a belt around her waist no sooner after having lost it. Not that I want that to happen.
- DDM get my love!
- This is an exciting match for sure. Giulia! Thekla! Sakurai!
- THEKLA is already cashing in her frequent flyer miles. That woman can really fly!!!!
- This is a final worthy match for sure though. Really gripping action.
- That triple team moved finished by THEKLA was awesome.
- This really could go either way. I am loving it!
- New Champions. Makes a lot of sense for it to happen, but it still makes me a bit sad. In general the status of DDM I feel is in slight disarray, with a confusion of power, leadership and if Giulia is even going to be staying long-term.
- Great win for God's Eye tough.
- A lot of respect between Gee and Syuri, which isn't surprising considering their history. They both looked sad. Was that their final match together? Am I reading too much into this?
- Enjoy this show a lot though. A great watch.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
maxresdefault.jpg

Watch Session #1

Pre-Show Six Man Tag Team Match
HANAKO, Ranna Yagami & Yuzuki vs. Queen's Quest (Hina & Lady C) & Sayaka Kurara

- This could be quite the fun little six man to open the gate for us.
- The more time that passes, the more I really find myself getting behind Lady C.
- Going to sound like a broken record, but HANAKO is a friggin' beast.
- One thing is certain, the future is looking bright for Stardom. It seems they are really interested in pushing Yuzuki at all costs.

Six Man Tag Team Match
Oedo Tai (Fukigen Death, Rina & Starlight Kid) vs. STARS (Hanan, Hazuki & Saya Iida)

- This Oedo Tai line up is 100% one that I can get behind big time!
- Iida with the ever present gun show.
- Match has been giving good stuff so far, match has got a good flow.
- The New Blood Tag Champs combo are also really raising those belt's stock for sure.
- Rina looking dangerous.
- And just like that is Hanan that snatches the win for STARS.
- Looking forward to watching the rest later.

(0:44)

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
maxresdefault.jpg

Watch Session #2

Tag Team Match
Mei Seira & Mina Shirakawa vs. Donna del Mondo (Mai Sakurai & Thekla)

- With the high chances of Giulia leaving and DDM splitting up this could be the last time Sakurai and Thekla team up as officially members of DDM. So for it to involve another one my faves in Mina. You can't ask anything more, if this is really the end.
- Thekla so explosive when she rushes in, as the non-legal partner.
- This is another fiery match for sure, love how quick the transitions are.
- Mei Seira is like speedy gonzalez in that ring. Zoom zoom zoom. So quick.
- Thekla is a freak with the way she bends and contorts on the turnbuckle, after hitting an elevated suplex.
- Those tandem in ring movees from Mei and Mina were top class. innovation!
- Thekla rolled on her shoulders. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
- Watch the rest in the morning.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Starlight won the Wonder Ramble for Stardom so she'll be the first one to face Saori Anou with the White Belt on the line on Feb 4th.

@Sky Tiger

FatBagzJones

Reaction score
Sean Ross Sapp: When I asked a WWE source about Giulia possibly taking time to get better at English, they told me. "Giulia's English is better than the comprehension we've seen out of many native speakers."

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Starlight won the Wonder Ramble for Stardom so she'll be the first one to face Saori Anou with the White Belt on the line on Feb 4th.

@Sky Tiger

Win or lose, let her fucking continue this momentum. Stop booking her like one peg above a jobber.

GCkDaPja8AA6fZY

M A N I F E S T I N G

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Saya Kamitani won the other Ramble and will face Maika for the Red Belt

Maika straight outta the gate has a Top 3 lady I thought could easily take the Red Belt from her.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
maxresdefault.jpg

Watch Session #3

Six Man Tag Team Match
Oedo Tai (Momo Watanabe, Natsuko Tora & Ruaka) vs. Cosmic Angels (Saori Anou & Yuna Mizumori) & SAKI

- Lets get back into the action! When Tora and Ruaka are teaming up together, I always feel that Oedo Tai are just that much more dangerous. And of cause Momo is very much a lethal weapon all by herself.
- Saori Anou hopefully going to bless us with another high star match.
- SAKI is another talent that I feel is somewhat under-rated.
- I love when Ruaka looks to go high, even if it results in her taking a big bump.
- Saori with the finish and always her amazing body bending bridge pins. Entertaining match for sure.

Six Man Tag Team Match
Queen's Quest (AZM, Saya Kamitani & Utami Hayashishita) vs. God's Eye (Ami Sourei, MIRAI & Saki Kashima)

- Queens Quest vs. two of the three new Artist of Stardom Champions. Can't wait. Champions vs. Champions of the tag category no doubt going to have ramifications.
- Early on and this is certainly not disappointing at all. I have incredibly high hopes for 2024 for Stardom.
- I don't fully understand that Kashima character. I feel like I am always missing part of the story with her - maybe its a language barrier that the commentary help sell.
- Kashima almost getting the pin over Utami though. WOAH BABY!
- MAGIC KILLER!
- And Hayashishita finishes it off and that is all she wrote.

Tag Team Match
Giulia & Suzu Suzuki vs. Divine Kingdom (Maika & Megan Bayne)

- Going into this I now know that Giulia has disbanded DDM, which makes me sad but I understand she is planning on going international. Nonetheless, curious to see what this match looks like. As it will be the best two name in the unit facing each other in tag action. Perhaps it will be a true changing of the guard moment?
- Maika and Suzu being on opposite teams as well adds the dimension of their epic match at Dream Queendom 3.
- DDM! Enjoy the moment. This is the last time we will see those amazing letters altogether. This era of Joshi Wrestling is officially ending.
- I said it after the match against Giulia, but if booked right Megan is going to turn into a massive star in this company.
- This has a big match feel. There is a level of intensity that is just radiating off all four of these girls. Very excited to see its outcome.
- Giulia and Maika to start. EPIC! A handshake, that is real respect and not a trick.
- These pauses and stare downs. WOW! And then just both walking backwards and tagging in their partners.
- Bayne pulls off monster moves. And then Maika pulls off monsters moves!
- And now we are treated to Maika and Gee aain.
- And they are holding anything back. This is a proper wrestling match. No niceties between unit members. All out war!
- Maika and Suzu going for round 2. We really need an actual round 2 for the title. That would be fucking ace!
- Some intense groundwork with the DDM girls.
- Suzu goes to fly but Bayne catches her, only for Giulia to double stomp off the apron. Awesome spot!
- TOWER OF DEATH!!!!! Amazing. Fucking amazing!
- Flying Lariat from Megan! She has got this! OMG it was the time limit! It was a draw.
- What an amazing match. Bayne and Giulia I feel will fight again, and it will be Bayne that takes the Strong title away from her. At this point that really makes the most sense.
- You don't need to fully understand Japanese to feel the emotion of this moment. Glad I had the context of what was going on before this happened. Sad day for all DDM fans around the world.
360_F_319843671_254jh4WhawFGZT4TssnFXPPRLyRBwZbp.jpg

2Bu78PY.png

IWGP Women's Title Match
Mayu Iwatani (c) vs. Syuri
- A great match to close the event. Iwatani versus Syuri. I am very exciting about this one. Although I still don't fully understand where they hierarch this title.
- Imagine if Syuri becomes a double champion in the space of two days? That would be insane turn of fortune for God's Eye.
- Iwatani has star power for sure though. She has that energy that just exudes championship glory!
- Big match time. Let the end of this Stardom New Year's Party come to an end.
- Mayu likes to fly! And then a brutal dragon suplex on the outside apron. OUCH!
- This match is full bodied as hell. These two are going at it like its their last day on the earth. FIGHT FOR IT!
- Syuri now is your chance. Take this to the bank and become a double champion in style!
- That top rope assisted DDT is nasty.
- Great match loving this ending to the New Year (well nearly the ending)
- With that DVD looking move, I was sure Syuri had it.
- Thrown head first into the corner, Mayu is going to lose the belt for sure now.
- Out of nowhere Mayu turned it around to win. WHAT A FUCKING COOL ENDING!

Reactions: FatBagzJones

FatBagzJones

Reaction score
Saya Kamitani won the other Ramble and will face Maika for the Red Belt

Maika straight outta the gate has a Top 3 lady I thought could easily take the Red Belt from her.
I also could've see her becoming the next red belt champion, unfortunately since it's Maikas first title defense, Saya is decently losing. For me it's similar case to world climax 2022, where Syuri wrestled Giulia and Mayu back to back. I thought that was waste of good build up to Syuri vs Mayu match.

Reactions: Kenoh

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen