Stardom Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
New Bushiroad Fight president Taro Okada vows to reform STARDOM: "I think that the current STARDOM, to be honest, is in a tough spot. The wrestlers are fighting on social media and most importantly in the ring, but I feel that the fans are not able to concentrate and enjoy due to various concerns."

Fighting on social media? Has their been smack talk on social media? Like I think Stardom just needs to go back a bit to their booking style from last year, some long. A little more focused, show focus where even if someone is losing, they have a clear direction or something to build towards. Then trim the shows from their over 100 a year to like maybe the 90's. One or two a week. During the major tournaments (Cinderella, Five Star) don't have non-tournament shows to reduce the strain on the wrestlers and if you do, have nobody in the actual tournament wrestle on it apart from maybe a trios or eight person tag so they don't need to wrestle a full match.

Oh and give Starlight Kid all the belts-

That's just the simp in me talking.

FatBagzJones

Reaction score
. During the major tournaments (Cinderella, Five Star) don't have non-tournament shows to reduce the strain on the wrestlers and if you do, have nobody in the actual tournament wrestle on it apart from maybe a trios or eight person tag so they don't need to wrestle a full match.
Totally agree with here. This year they way too much shows. But big shows in the middle of the tournament really annoys me. One of the best examples STARDOM × STARDOM 2023 ~show from august. In the middle of 5, they put PPV, show had some really good matches, but WHY? Just keep some fresh matches for later and let roster to rest.

Reactions: Rosie

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
New Bushiroad Fight president Taro Okada vows to reform STARDOM: "I think that the current STARDOM, to be honest, is in a tough spot. The wrestlers are fighting on social media and most importantly in the ring, but I feel that the fans are not able to concentrate and enjoy due to various concerns."

@Sky Tiger had the right idea to tighten up things involving their Booking and let me tell you before Bushiroad got involved Stardom's Booking was downright terrible at times. The injuries that have been racking up is due to them having way too many Shows inbetween the big ones and the body can take so much.

Reactions: Rosie

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
@Sky Tiger had the right idea to tighten up things involving their Booking and let me tell you before Bushiroad got involved Stardom's Booking was downright terrible at times. The injuries that have been racking up is due to them having way too many Shows inbetween the big ones and the body can take so much.

Yay! I'm right! But I think when I first started to notice Stardom, I saw some awesome characters (like the late Hana). Then in 2020 and 2021, despite the Pandemic still affecting them, they recovered. They had some great storylines and matches, I saw Utami as a badass red queen, Syuri was doing well and getting to fight, Tam vs Giulia. Obviously some wrestler's defections to Oedo Tai were interesting stories (Yes, SLK's, but also I watched back Konami's turn and it was heart-wrenching due to real life circumstances, but in some ways was needed). And I think then I felt when it came to wrestlers I saw "Okay, there's something this is leading to, win or lose." But I think around the time of Tam's win, it started to fall apart with the hot potato with the White belt after Saya kind of proved the doubter's wrong. A couple wrestlers I saw as rising either stopped or went down. Then an issue from last year with the SWA belt being abandoned and now is probably unofficially retired without explanation.

I think, putting my booker's hat on again, I'd probably do things like this... IGNORING MY FANGIRL URGE TO MAKE STARLGIHT KID THE ALL MIGHTY TIGER GODDESS OF THE UNIVERSE-

1. Decide what you want to do in regards to the NJPW titles and integration on Stardom shows. For me, I'd probably keep them defended primarily on NJPW shows. Strong defended in the US mostly, IWGP on NJPW's main shows. Maybe have some women appear in multi-person tags on NJPW's smaller shows to build part of their stories there. Then you can have them defended in Stardom around the time of your bigger shows, maybe once or twice a year.

2. Ensure each title reign has a purpose and importance to the character. I think the hot potato with the Wonder title along with the before mentioned NJPW titles just make me lose some interest in the stories because I don't see an end goal. "Yay Mina won it- and wait, now she lost it"

"Why does Tam have both belts? Oh and she loses it right away too." It just made my head scratch, and also there's been occasions in wrestling where a title reign either goes on for too long without an interesting development or something is cut off before it can be maximized.

3. Build strength in each division, but don't lock it. What I mean is decide mentally what each person in each stable's main 'division' is for the title they're more likely to win. To use Oedo Tai as an example, Tora and Momo likely would be near the top two titles. SLK is High Speed. Then you decide of the members who are their main tag partners/trios partners. That way you can have stronger feuds around some of those titles. AZM and SLK's series for the High Speed belt was amazing. Giula vs Tam for the Wonder belt, then when they moved up, it meant something. Then, when someone does well or need a mix up, fill a gap, you give them a taste of something else. Like "Saya's out of the white belt picture currently, maybe she can compete against a high speed wrestler or two, try that out?" Or "SLK's been getting over. We need a white belt challenger. Let's put her there, see how it goes?"

Then when those divisions mix, you ideally have it mean something for each wrestler win or lose. Examples:

"Oh, Saya had a great match where she wrestled a more high speed style, maybe that can round out her game, or maybe she can raise that title up sometime?"

"This former Red belt champion had a great match for the White belt. Shame she lost, but I'm interested in her climb back up to the top."

"Oh, [insert name here] had a great match for the world title. I think she might be a future champion."

Even: "Wow, these two have great chemistry as a team fighting this established tag team, maybe they should team up more?

That way a win can be a big deal, and sometimes a loss can still be part of a grander story.

Just some random stream of consciousness ideas.

FatBagzJones

Reaction score
Giulia: "The thing that Rossy Ogawa has built is being destroyed. Up until last year and the year before, we had a lot of momentum, didn't we? It was extremely frustrating to see that the things we had all built together were falling apart more and more. So, with that in mind, I spoke out."

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Giulia: "The thing that Rossy Ogawa has built is being destroyed. Up until last year and the year before, we had a lot of momentum, didn't we? It was extremely frustrating to see that the things we had all built together were falling apart more and more. So, with that in mind, I spoke out."

So basically people outside of Rossy sort of started to get involved and likely forced him to change stuff?

Does that mean some corporate hacks decided to try to bury Kiddo? Those bastards!

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
So basically people outside of Rossy sort of started to get involved and likely forced him to change stuff?

Does that mean some corporate hacks decided to try to bury Kiddo? Those bastards!

I've been thinking about how the loyal talent who been with the Company for a while was being left in the cold for newer talent outside of the Company coming in and getting pushes like nothing. I'm glad Giulia said something but she was one of those ladies who I felt was pushed to the Moon way too early for my taste but she's been great for the Company. It didn't sit well with me though Hana at her hottest with her group beats her in her first Match with Stardom when she should of been heading towards a Red Belt run.

Reactions: FatBagzJones

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD

Suzu is out for the weekend due to fever.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Yeah I heard about a Fever that is going around this Time of the Year. Lady C is offically out herself with a Neck Injury:loweringangle

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Everyone is hurt.

FatBagzJones

Reaction score
Rossy Ogawa: "Today's audience attendance was 114, the worst ever record for STARDOM. I'm not going to say this or that about what's done. The sales policy of holding available venues at regional shows and simply sending out information on social media is reaching its limits."

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I heard. Terrible showing. I hope Stardom can turn things around in the new year.