Stardom Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

SLK too???! :mjcry

The Grand Prix Finals Show is coming this Weekend and SLK was suppose to face Mayu that is out of the Window.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD

SLK too???! :mjcry

The Grand Prix Finals Show is coming this Weekend and SLK was suppose to face Mayu that is out of the Window.

THE CURSE HAS GONE TOO FUCKING FAR!

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I am fucking sad now.

57ce08a44ddadd33ec958e779d2115c8.gif

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Yeah I've been saying for Years now Stardom has the best Roster and the injuries are loading up. I just pray like I did with the others that SLK's injury is nothing super serious and she comes back to wrestle in a few Weeks. It's her Ankle though and they are being vague with it so who knows how long she might be out.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Yeah I've been saying for Years now Stardom has the best Roster and the injuries are loading up. I just pray like I did with the others that SLK's injury is nothing super serious and she comes back to wrestle in a few Weeks. It's her Ankle though and they are being vague with it so who knows how long she might be out.

Ankle injuries are tricky. Some are quick. Others take a long time. Between her losing a fair bit in the tournament now this, it is a ROUGH time to be an SLK fan.

A shiny Vikavolt made me feel a bit better, but to honour her, I will bust my Beaver butt to win a title in FWA as Katsu (my character who uses her as a rep).

• Love
Reactions: Apoho Creed

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD

I made this art on Twitter as a little "Get well soon" piece for the Kiddo. Doubt she'll see it, but hope it gives her a small smile if she does.

GetWellSoonSLK.png

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I hope Starlight Kid see's it because it's awesome. Today is AZM's Birthday and she faces Mayu tomorrow and theirs a good chance if she wins she'll challenge Mayu for the IWGP Women's Title. Praying it happens and it should happen it's AZM's 10th Anniversary Match throw her a freaking bone I say.

Today I got into it with a person I follow on Twitter over who won the Stardom Grand Prix which was

Suzu Suzuki. I think the person thought I hate Giulia or something but I was trying to tell the person my not liking the winner was due to Suzu being an outsider to Stardom and they should of had someone with history with Tam Nakano rather than Suzuki. Injuries hurt this Tourney for sure because it seemed like Saya would of been perfect for this win but Suzu really feels like left field on who they could of had win. I've been watching Stardom for 6 or 7 Years now and never got into it with anyone like that but it felt like the person was trying to get something out of me for some reason. I have my opinion and my reasons for not liking it was just if geez someone flip out thinking oh welp he's hating on her vs looking at what I said and saw me praising her win but not understanding why make her the winner vs Mina who has major...major...major history with Tam Nakano. Granted neither Mina or Suzuki is beating Tam I feel but it would of made the Match mean something even more I think.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Today I got into it with a person I follow on Twitter over who won the Stardom Grand Prix which was

Suzu Suzuki. I think the person thought I hate Giulia or something but I was trying to tell the person my not liking the winner was due to Suzu being an outsider to Stardom and they should of had someone with history with Tam Nakano rather than Suzuki. Injuries hurt this Tourney for sure because it seemed like Saya would of been perfect for this win but Suzu really feels like left field on who they could of had win. I've been watching Stardom for 6 or 7 Years now and never got into it with anyone like that but it felt like the person was trying to get something out of me for some reason. I have my opinion and my reasons for not liking it was just if geez someone flip out thinking oh welp he's hating on her vs looking at what I said and saw me praising her win but not understanding why make her the winner vs Mina who has major...major...major history with Tam Nakano. Granted neither Mina or Suzuki is beating Tam I feel but it would of made the Match mean something even more I think.

My rationale/thoughts:

I 100% believe Saya was the first option and Utami was the back-up. With both being injured, you sort of need to book around it. It's a shit time since it is a major tournament, kind of the equivalent of a Royal Rumble winner for WWE in that they are going to main event your end of year show. You need to get it right. Then the top two options get hurt shortly.

So, we get a situation like Wrestlemania 32 where the card went from having some potential the previous year to being pretty rough. A Japanese example is New Japan at the start of the pandemic. Most your Western wrestlers are unable to make it. What did they do? A bold booking plan with EVIL turning on Naito and winning the belts.

With a tournament like the Five Star (Or G1) it involves careful booking since you want to pick your finals ahead of time and have them win the right amount of matches. Also you want some upsets, or people to perform well as a way to showcase a potential main eventer. So take the injuries to the two people you DON'T want to get injured (And Rosie's forever favourite to win) you're fucked. So you're left with the booking decisions you previously had affecting the tournament. So Suzu Suzuki ended up being the one who got the nod. She's talented. Even her being considered an "outsider" if you are able to keep her around, she 100% can be a future champion, but it feels rough. Out of left field. Not denying the talent/potential, but this is just a flat end to a cursed tournament.

Looking at the blocks for the tournament, my theory is that the finals was going to be all Queen's Quest. It would be Saya vs Utami. The two after nearly coming to blows this year, fighting in the finals where they may either be a rift between them grow, or a newfound respect bring them together. Honestly, if they both remained healthy, I think the tournament would have been looked on super fondly. But after I Saya's injury, the rationale was probably "You know what? Let's have her [the person who won] make the finals as a way to showcase her. She's done well. Then Utami wins, Utami vs Tam to end the year, and Saya and Utami can face off after." But then, Utami's hurt. So they're left scrambling.

And my own mini-rant as a fangirl. This is me removing logic, speaking with the heart.

How

the fuck

Do you let Starlight Kid only win ONE FUCKING MATCH all tournament?!

Granted it was against her stable leader so it was a big win for the sake of her character arc, but her only other point was with Saya's injury! She had 14 points the previous year. That is a drop-off of 10 points. Like, holy fuck. I get you can tell a story of her having an off-year, but to me it feels like they are like "Well, Tora's back, so you know how you had all that hard work the past year+ when she was hurt? You had a High Speed Title reign with 5 defenses? Well, now it means nothing. You're New Blood Tag Champ, so we'll treat you like a rookie again."

Like, Jesus hell she was done so dirty with this tournament. If she was not injured and ended up beating Mayu on that last night then maybe it'd be forgiven a bit in my mind, hell, could have set up an IWGP Women's Championship match with some history between the participants, a nice way to build the belt up win or lose. But this tournament was a rough time to be a fan of Starlight Kid.

Should have never gotten rid of the ears.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD

I made this art on Twitter as a little "Get well soon" piece for the Kiddo. Doubt she'll see it, but hope it gives her a small smile if she does.

View attachment 74851

Screenshot_20231001_003416_Chrome.jpg

SENPAI NOTICED ME!-

Okay, joke aside. It is something small which not just made my night, but I hope it made her day a bit better.

• Love

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Yeah SLK being treated like she has lately doesn't sit well for me either and it goes back to my problem of Stardom pushing aside the talent who've been in the Stardom System forever and have been loyal for the newer talent who have come in the past few Years.

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Poi is out as well. At this point Stardom you might need to lightening your Schedules this is getting out of hand now.

• Wow
Reactions: Rosie and Chris

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD

Poi is out as well. At this point Stardom you might need to lightening your Schedules this is getting out of hand now.

And ANOTHER hernia.

WHY ARE ALL MY FAVOURITES GETTING HURT!?

• Sad

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
STARDOM Results: STARDOM In Korakuen Hall October 2023 – Tokyo, Japan (10/1)

The following results are from a recent STARDOM event. The event took place on October 1st, 2023 at the Korakuen Hall in Tokyo, Japan.

Fatal Four Way Match
Fukigen Death defeated Saya Iida, HANAKO and Hina.

Tag Team Match
Club Venus (Waka Tsukiyama & Mina Shirakawa) defeated Queen’s Quest (Miyu Amasaki & Lady C).

6 Woman Tag Team Match
Megan Bayne, Mei Seira & Suzu Suzuki defeated God’s Eye (Saki Kashima, Syuri & MIRAI).

6 Woman Tag Team Match
Donna del Mondo (Mai Sakurai, Thekla & Maika) defeated STARS (Hanan, Hazuki & Koguma).

8 Woman Tag Team Match
Oedo-tai (Momo Watanabe, Natsuko Tora, Ruaka & Rina) defeated Tam Nakano, Yuna Mizumori, Saori Anou & Natsupoi.

AZM Debut 10th Anniversary Special Match
Mayu Iwatani vs. AZM went to a double countout.

Mayu Iwatani defeated AZM.

NJPW STRONG Women’s Championship Match
Giulia (c) defeated Ami Sorei.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
STARDOM Results: STARDOM In Korakuen Hall October 2023 – Tokyo, Japan (10/1)

The following results are from a recent STARDOM event. The event took place on October 1st, 2023 at the Korakuen Hall in Tokyo, Japan.

Fatal Four Way Match
Fukigen Death defeated Saya Iida, HANAKO and Hina.

Tag Team Match
Club Venus (Waka Tsukiyama & Mina Shirakawa) defeated Queen’s Quest (Miyu Amasaki & Lady C).

6 Woman Tag Team Match
Megan Bayne, Mei Seira & Suzu Suzuki defeated God’s Eye (Saki Kashima, Syuri & MIRAI).

6 Woman Tag Team Match
Donna del Mondo (Mai Sakurai, Thekla & Maika) defeated STARS (Hanan, Hazuki & Koguma).

8 Woman Tag Team Match
Oedo-tai (Momo Watanabe, Natsuko Tora, Ruaka & Rina) defeated Tam Nakano, Yuna Mizumori, Saori Anou & Natsupoi.

Mayu Iwatani vs. AZM went to a double countout.

Mayu Iwatani defeated AZM.

NJPW STRONG Women’s Championship Match
Giulia (c) defeated Ami Sorei.

"Happy Anniversary, AZM, you lose."

Reactions: FatBagzJones

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
zEZtX3o
STARDOM hosted Day 5 of their Goddess of Stardom Tag League show on November 3rd. You can find the full results (courtesy of Fightful) and the standings at the end of the event below.

* Maika defeated Ruaka and Hazuki

* Eye Contact (Mayu Iwatani & Hanan) defeated Ami Sourei & Lady C

* God’s Eye (Syuri & Saki Kashima) defeated Cosmic Angels (Saori Anou & Yuna Mizumori)

* Red Goddess Match: Mafia Bella (Giulia & Thekla) defeated MAXIMUM Mini (Saya Iida & HANAKO)

* Blue Goddess Match: MIRAI & Mai Sakurai defeated 02Line (AZM & Miyu Amasaki)

* Red Goddess Match: PROMINENCE (Risa Sera & Kurumi Hiiragi) defeated Moonlight Venus (Mina Shirakawa & Waka Tsukiyama)

* Suzu Suzuki, Megan Bayne & Mei Seira defeated Oedo Tai (Natsuko Tora, Momo Watanabe & Fukigen Death)

RED GODDESS
5 – Suzu Suzuki & Mei Seira
5 – Risa Sera & Kurumi Hiiragi
4 – Natsuko Tora & Momo Watanabe
4 – Syuri & Saki Kashima
2 – Mina Shirakawa & Waka Tsukiyama
2 – Giulia & Thekla
0 – Saya Iida & HANAKO

BLUE GODDESS
6 – Mayu Iwatani & Hanan
6 – MIRAI & Mai Sakurai
2 – Maika & Megan Bayne